Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Working night shift this week. Over it.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Doglegdave
    Doglegdave Posts: 29
    Options
    Just got back from appliance shopping.  Remodeling the farmhouse.  What started as paint and some flooring has spread like wildfire - New kitchen cabinets, granite, appliances, etc.  It’s only money...
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Botch said:
    bucky925 said:
    I got a request for "salsa for wimps" a few days ago. Same as regular salsa but without the heat.   My sweet peppers are starting to come in so I made a small batch tonight after the sun went down. 

If you put pineapple on pizza too, we can't be friends anymore...  :tongue:

Actually this is the first batch I've ever made with pineapple .   Without  the heat I was just searching for "something".  We will see tomorrow when everything gets friendly together. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    For anyone following along, att never showed up yesterday. Since we moved to the farm I have not had to deal with mega company incompetence with the exception of ordering a new phone from verizon every couple of years.

I have to say it is quite refreshing to be blown off for a appointment, never told that no one is going to show up, then when I call to find out whats going on they transfer me 3 times, verify my credentials 3 times, and tell me the install team is having problems and couldn't make it yesterday, I need to reschedule.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Caught in my car by a rain storm. Got to be at the dentist in 40 minutes.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    For anyone following along, att never showed up yesterday. Since we moved to the farm I have not had to deal with mega company incompetence with the exception of ordering a new phone from verizon every couple of years.

I have to say it is quite refreshing to be blown off for a appointment, never told that no one is going to show up, then when I call to find out whats going on they transfer me 3 times, verify my credentials 3 times, and tell me the install team is having problems and couldn't make it yesterday, I need to reschedule.  

att blew me off at camp for a whole week while on vacation, on the sixth day the guy (assuming he was taking the call in india) told me they would be there sunday. that was 13 years ago, im still waiting =) i called the town dump and asked if they had any dishes in the pile and got a box off my brothers satelite system. the cable was already there, all att had to do was turn it on and send me or drop off a box
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    That is hilarious @fishlessman
      I just called our current ISP to shake them down, they said there is a upgraded tower I may be able to shoot to that would offer double the download speed we currently get for the same price...

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    My daughter just asked if she could raise a cow for 4H.  Last thing I need is another animal, but....
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My daughter just asked if she could raise a cow for 4H.  Last thing I need is another animal, but....
    Make her recite the 4H pledge. Hold her to a high standard. So when you getting said animal?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Make her recite the 4H pledge. Hold her to a high standard. So when you getting said animal?
    She can recite the pledge like a champ.  She did a horse project last year.

I suspect we will be getting a cow in a few weeks.  Guess I will have to head over to the sale barn with some cash in my pocket.  I am not sure how I get myself into these things.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Bet that makes some great munchies.  Need one of these though to pull it with.

Up in Smoke 1978 - Photo Gallery - IMDb
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just finished PIT recert...that was fun.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Jack's makes a better chicken sandwich than Popeyes. Fight me. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Jack's makes a better chicken sandwich than Popeyes. Fight me. 
    Jacks only has 2 for $0.99 tacos on their menu. And onion rings.  I swear that’s all I ever saw there.
  • SonVolt
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Never seen a taco at Jack's. Are you thinking of Jack in the Box? 

EDIT: I just realized Jack's is a regional chain. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Back in the 70’s my family drive through Tuscaloosa on vacation. It was lunchtime and Jack’s was the only convenient place open. We all got the runs right after. Haven’t been there since. Same thing happened plus projectile vomiting just to me in 1980 in a mall in Birmingham. Chik Fila was passing out free samples. Was 30 years before I ever ate at that chain again.
  • SonVolt
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I can barely stand Orange Juice to this day b/c of an ill-advised Screwdriver when I was 16. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I can barely stand Orange Juice to this day b/c of an ill-advised Screwdriver when I was 16. 
    One of my college buddies overindulged on "Hot 100" -- left big stains on their rug when his attempt to throw up into a gatorade jug failed miserably -- but anyway, after that if one of us pulled out a stick of Big Red gum in his presence and he smelled it he'd start gagging.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    When I was in my last semester of college I overindulged on screwdrivers. There was a freshman kid that was frustrated because I had to pick his drunk ass up ( literally)and carry him off to his bed before he could drive or do anything stupid. At a party I noticed him pouring extra vodka into my glass in order to try to reverse the situation. I played along and drank twice what would have laid his 18 year old self out. I let him drive me back to my dorm, walked up multiple flights of stairs , unlocked my door and told him that I needed a ride back to my car the next day. He was frustrated.I did have an aversion to orange juice or anything orange the next day but that was it. In those days I had a huge tolerance and never got a hangover. Now days I have a low tolerance and have to baby my liver.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ”Live in the woods” they said
    ”It's so peaceful” they said 
    What they didn't say was that every time a damn storm came through you'd spend two days cleaning up. 2 trees and 2 tree tops gone since March. At this rate, I better start planting trees 😂
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @ColtsFan at least you can plant trees that you want. Peach, Apple, fig, and cherry come to mind depending on your climate. Beside free firewood!
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Fauci’s first pitch at the Nat’s game - “Trying to socially distance from home plate.”
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Fauci’s first pitch at the Nat’s game - “Trying to socially distance from home plate.”
    That was 50 cent bad and 50 cent was decades younger!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Saw that - we were dying here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @ColtsFan at least you can plant trees that you want. Peach, Apple, fig, and cherry come to mind depending on your climate. Beside free firewood!
    I plant fruit trees where possible. I'm clearing another area of overgrown trees and brush to extend the orchard at the moment.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I plant fruit trees where possible. I'm clearing another area of overgrown trees and brush to extend the orchard at the moment.
    I used some of that chunk you gave me, last weekend.  Brought some smoke to a pork loin - lovely.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ”Live in the woods” they said
    ”It's so peaceful” they said 
    What they didn't say was that every time a damn storm came through you'd spend two days cleaning up. 2 trees and 2 tree tops gone since March. At this rate, I better start planting trees 😂

At least you own the right brand saw!  I own two Stihls and looking for a third.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia