Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    First time Zoom user 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    First time Zoom user 
    So you’re a Zoom virgin?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Jumped in too late to catch @NPHuskerFL just now.  Hopefully he will be back.  The session generally gets slow rolling around 9 PM  EDT for future reference.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Didn't know year 16 was meat. Well played!
    That’s pretty funny!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Good to see y’all this evening. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    sorry guys, my battery died.  I got back on and everyone was gone.  oh well

edited July 2020
    Options

I figured u passed out! 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I’ll pop on in a few 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

I figured you, Beaker, and Jar jar needed some alone time!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sounds like I missed a good one.  Thank you, @lousubcap for the recap.
  • blind99
    Options
    I missed all those topics but I got to meet @saluki so it’s a win for me. And he’s practically a neighbor!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    I missed, was all set....i need a text reminder  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    There was a LOT that was talked about after I left apparently. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Continuous fireworks courtesy bubbajack.
    Options
    @nolaegghead I have a friend that used to be an ER RN at Charity, and they had a woman who came in w/ severe discomfort down there.  They pulled multiple spuds outta that ho's hole.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blind99
    Options
    Amazing! And that came out in 2012. What else have I missed?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Continuous fireworks courtesy bubbajack

I apologize my friend. I will be in the same place for 2 more watering hole sessions........might have to check out if it bothers some...the worst part about it I will be cooking on a George Foreman.....
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options
    @bubbajack- I may be old and own a lawn but don't go belly-up for a few fireworks.  Besides, if the fireworks can sync with the videos, we may set all-time attendance records.  
    Great groceries however obtained are all that matters.  See ya Friday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    It would be good to get on the Zoom call if you guys can manage an early start one Friday. We are 5 hours ahead of EST, something between 10 and 11 pm our time (5 to 6 pm EST). @CPFC1905 is up for it and maybe @Stormbringer or @TheToast?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Eoin said:
    It would be good to get on the Zoom call if you guys can manage an early start one Friday. We are 5 hours ahead of EST, something between 10 and 11 pm our time (5 to 6 pm EST). @CPFC1905 is up for it and maybe @Stormbringer or @TheToast?
    I would be all in for that.  Of course this coming Friday I do have an early evening commitment that would preclude my participation (dang the luck) but go forth and enjoy.
    I do plan to make a 9 PM (EDT) watering hole visit this Friday.  Nothing like a pre-lube engagement with the UK to get things really rolling.  Hope it works out.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I’m happy to open the call up earlier than usual this Friday.  I’m not sure when I’ll be able to jump on myself, but I know there are a lot of other people here who’d like to hang out with you guys online.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Eoin said:
    That would be awesome.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump for the sake of routine and the above mentioned early Zoom call is on track.  Doors open around 5 PM (EDT). (See a separate thread.)
    And as my luck would have it, the one Friday in months where I have an early evening commitment and will miss the opening round.   
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bump for the sake of routine and the above mentioned early Zoom call is on track.  Doors open around 5 PM (EDT). (See a separate thread.)
    And as my luck would have it, the one Friday in months where I have an early evening commitment and will miss the opening round.   
    I'll turn the recording on for you Frank if there's an early instance of puppet sex.  I wouldn't want you to miss out on any of that!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll jump on around 6 EDT
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Definitely sorry to have missed the opening session with the members from the UK.  Looks like it was quite entertaining.  Hopefully I will get a chance to participate in the next one.
    In an attempt to capture what those of relegated to the back bench last night talked about, here is my incomplete list of topics (some of which have been edited to protect the source).  Of note I didn't crawl into the watering hole until shortly after 10 PM (EDT) so feel free to update this as you see fit.
    - Covid and what's happening in Texas
    - What will the school environment look like this fall
    - masks and business models
    - Selfishness and who cares?
    - A brief summary of the discussion with the UK regarding football in Rome and Liverpool fans getting pranked
    - Cannabis, various state laws and personal interactions
    - Variations in the natural pubic hair growth patterns based on ethnicity
    - Looting of hair product stores during natural disasters in NOLA (which led to...)
    - The market demand for Indian hair piece extensions
    - You might be a racist if... (fortunately this was short-lived)
    - Plans for reaching out across the pond going forward?  All endorse the concept.
    - Two baggers and consensual sex
    - Servicing your pet cat
    - Hair bands and their utility for BJ's (also know as air starts)
    - The perils of unknown exposure to covid
    - Shipyard work procedures and managing consistency
    - Owning up to your mistakes
    - Proper way to cook using alcohol
    - Pro's and cons of reverse sear and SV
    - Best way to cook rib racks on the SBGE
    - BGE fire management
    - Covid vaccine and the anti-vaxers 
    - The name change to the Washington Football Team
    - Daniel Snyder-the most hated man in DC  (this did not get political)
    - will there be college football this fall?
    - How does the NFL draft look in 2021 if there is no NFL 2020?
    - The benefits of cooking at Eggtoberfest and fests in general
    The following were captured by @Foghorn from the opening round with the UK:
    COVID in the US vs UK
    Football (soccer)
    The flatness of Gweneth Paltrow's chest
    Mangalitsa pig raising and butchering
    @Eoin's Caravan vs VW camper

A great entertainment value as always and definitely a learning experience along the way.  
    If you have read this far, then we will see you next Friday at the virtual watering hole or English pub-your choice.  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I am sorry I missed the encore. Sounds like a good one.