Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Looks like I exited too soon. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @blind99 - here's hoping everything breaks your way with this.  The end-point is not even close to the far horizon much less any time soon.  Too bad the collective we are declaring victory way too prematurely.  Best of luck.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    @lousubcap - how’s the special brisket coming?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - I actually posted a pic in the WAYDRN thread around an hour ago.  Rolling better than I anticipated given the start.  I may pull this off despite the handicap   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I forgot to join. I stayed up to 9:00 an everything.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Here are my notes from last night's topics.  Some overlap with the captain.

Corn and digestive systems
    Wood fired ovens
    Driving submarines
    @SciAggie's raised beds
    National Parks in the Southwest
    It's not the heat, it's the humidity
    @caliprince's blue poop
    Covid-19 lies, damn lies, and statistics
    Donate plasma, ya bastard
    @caliking's thick sausage
    @lousubcap's Akaushi brisket adventure
    The Breville toaster oven and settings
    Rockwood shortage?
    Fomites
    How to run a safe water balloon fight during a pandemic
    The ethics of the rub and sauce exchange
    Chicago Blues Fests of years past
    When we all really learned to cook
    How @caliking tried to get into Mount Holyoke
    The cafeteria dish known as captain's casserole
    Orthopedic surgery 
    @dmchicago's attempts to take advantage of his wife's wine
    How big should the Instapot be?
    Nola judges Ashish's poop obsession
    The Bristol scale is definitely not about Connecticut
    A very precise definition of diarrhea from @caliking
    Netflix shows featuring gratuitous BJs
    Nurses and batteries 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Should you find yourself seeking out insights on random subjects, you need to check out this virtual watering hole gathering Friday nights.  See the list above for knowledge expanding opportunities.  You will not be disappointed.  
    Doors open around 9 PM (EDT) and closing time is quite variable.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited July 2020
    Options
    If you look at that list of topics, you might be intimidated by the level of intelligence exhibited. 

But rest assured, this is just a bunch of drunk men talking sh!t. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Who turned out the lights last night? Sorry I couldn’t join. Catch you guys next week. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    How did you cover 'Covid-19 lies, damn lies, and statistics' without getting political  :s 
    canuckland
  • SciAggie
    Options
    How did you cover 'Covid-19 lies, damn lies, and statistics' without getting political  :s 
    It was completely civil. Hard to believe about a bunch of azz hats, huh?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The conversations did start to lean into the third rail a couple of times but immediately self-corrected.  These sessions have great entertainment value.  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Hearing about how Cali applied to a women’s college was awesome. Definitely the high point of my evening!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Who turned out the lights last night? Sorry I couldn’t join. Catch you guys next week. 
    If you tried to join late last night it must have been pretty late.  We were all on until after midnight, and even when I logged off I kept the session running.

I think Zoom closes down the session if there's no activity after like an hour or something.  There have been times I've gotten up on Saturday morning and the session is still up and running.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If you tried to join late last night it must have been pretty late.  We were all on until after midnight, and even when I logged off I kept the session running.

I think Zoom closes down the session if there's no activity after like an hour or something.  There have been times I've gotten up on Saturday morning and the session is still up and running.  

I didn't try to get on last night. I was wondering who last one standing was.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Another blue poop discussion. Really?
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options

Curious if anyone in that discussion said "pics or it didn't happen".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Did we have one before?  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    You had to make me go there, didn't you?

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am just glad I stayed awake!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:

If I had a dime, for every time someone showed me a poop pic...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @caliking you really need to get rid of that “show me your poop” shirt

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    So I have been a member for a while but haven’t really met any of you fine folks. Can a stranger join the chats?  Plus maybe I could answer all your Covid questions. lol 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 Emagerd - yes, jump in. Link to the zoom is at the beginning of the thread. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    So I have been a member for a while but haven’t really met any of you fine folks. Can a stranger join the chats?  Plus maybe I could answer all your Covid questions. lol 
    @ Hook_emHornsFan_74 - this is as free-flowing and open as anything you could enjoy.  The only requirement is to be able to find page one of the thread and down-load the link then ask for and get (again no questions) the password.  That is a PM deal for obvious reasons.  
    Every forum member is welcomed but I don't know the upper limit of attendees at one time.  The would be a stress test worth conducting.
    Friday (9PM (EDT) aka 8 PM (CDT) or after is when the doors open.  You will be entertained.  July 17th-be there!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    caliking said:
    It's not over, until all you can see is @bucky925 's porch ceiling fan, or the top of @thetrim 's hat.
    You got the wrong guy  @caliking, I don't have a ceiling fan or a porch.   I just pop in do a few quick shots and go up to bed when Ms. B texts.  But we did talk about a safe water balloon fight during a pandemic  =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• caliking
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    caliking said:
    It's not over, until all you can see is @bucky925 's porch ceiling fan, or the top of @thetrim 's hat.
    You got the wrong guy  @caliking, I don't have a ceiling fan or a porch.   I just pop in do a few quick shots and go up to bed when Ms. B texts.  But we did talk about a safe water balloon fight during a pandemic  =)
    My bad! I meant @bubbajack =)

if we’re lookin’ at his fan... something ain’t right (or he’s just getting a refill). 

• caliking
    Options
    No strangers here. Only eggheads. All are welcome. 

BBQ people are the best kind of people. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Thanks guys.  This quarantine is killing me. I’m the worst person to be isolated. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    HeavyG said:

If I had a dime, for every time someone showed me a poop pic...
    You do get dimes every time someone shows you a poop Pic. Lots of them.