Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Getting involved in some back room horse trading with the city council members over these short term rental amendments. They’ve basically asked what it would take to shut the problem one down. And if they do that, would we support them. Ahh, government 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Getting involved in some back room horse trading with the city council members over these short term rental amendments. They’ve basically asked what it would take to shut the problem one down. And if they do that, would we support them. Ahh, government 
    Best of luck, I have ran the balloon up with our councile , albeit a slow roll , the ball is in motion 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Best of luck, I have ran the balloon up with our councile , albeit a slow roll , the ball is in motion 
    We gotten taken behind the wood shed Tuesday night in front of the city council. We aimed to shut down 1 problem property and the city basically waged war against us with every short term rental owner. They then called us to “negotiate” acceptable regulations so we’d stop making noise in the newspaper and on the local news 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    We gotten taken behind the wood shed Tuesday night in front of the city council. We aimed to shut down 1 problem property and the city basically waged war against us with every short term rental owner. They then called us to “negotiate” acceptable regulations so we’d stop making noise in the newspaper and on the local news 
    I would take that as a win , don't stop with just one
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Take it as a win, they hate people who don't give up.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    My partner in crime, also my neighbor on the other side of this property is a lawyer. He lives for the grind. He’s filed more motions and petitions on this than the city could cover in a reasonable amount of time. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian I hope that performs the way you want. It looks nice. I keep a pile of fire brisk around - you’ll start finding other uses for them soon. 
    I’m just sorry I couldn’t help you spend more $$$...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Great photos, @Acn! Looks awesome.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Prepping for a cured meat day tomorrow 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanow!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Thanks @SciAggie for your input and saving me a few bucks....My Small Santa Maria was already lined with fire brick, a trip to Lowe's and it now is a multi Use Cooker 

I kept the opening to one side to load the wood behind the other 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    My raised beds are going nuts...

Ours are doing great as well. Wonder if it’s all this heat we are having. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:

Lovely pictures!  
    Isn't that where Airwolf used to live?   Did you get a sighting? 
    Speaking of Airwolf...

Oh my word.  That's good.  I am 12 again and it's Saturday lunchtime just before Football Focus.  You with me @eoin ?
    You're just a youngster.
    Oh I see,  were you poking around the nether reaches of BBC2 watching the Open University?    
    Or sleeping off another herbal cigarette augmented Old Grey Whistle Test?   Mmmmm, nice.  =) 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options

A pleasing distraction from the cricket after England’s customary awful start to the Test.  Still four PL games for all teams to play and to be frank very little movement to the table expected form this point on, almost none if the results fall a certain way this weekend.   If that has not excited you enough,  here’s a run through …

Norwich v West Ham,  probably the last ‘competitive’ match for the canaries in the PL.  A defeat sees them sunk and thats likely, but not a certain outcome.  1-2 and I hear a female melodious voice.

Watford v Newcastle,  the filthy Hornets really need this to build space from the relegation battle.  Sadly I don’t trust the Toon to put up a fight,  1-2 and Elton’s men start to look safe.  Meh.

Liverpool v Burnley,  the redeeming feature of this match is the intra-Reds battle for leading scorer (Golden Boot if you will) between Salah and Mane, which might in fact lead to a break-up if not handled well by Klopp.   2-0.

Sheff Utd v Chelsea,  Blades’ dreams of Europe have faded,  Chelsea’s are alive.  Super Frank has a good team coming together,  but they are flaky at the back.  Even Palace scored twice against them mid-week.  Multi-goal fun; 2-3 away win.

Brighton v Man City,  Going through he motions affair; 1-3.

Sunday

Wolves v Everton,  Wolves were on a strong run but dropped the ball against Sheff U and lost by the single goal of the match late on.   The Toffee’s look the least likely to win the Everton Cup (7th place) because of a stuttering season.  But a win for them keeps the 7th place dream alive… maybe, just maybe.  1-1 and everyone disappointed.

Villa v Palace, The mighty Eagles have been anything but since securing top-flight football next season.  That said, Roy is the master of beating weaker teams.  Close (and an uncomfortable prediction) but I can see a Palace win, 0-1.  Not pretty and no further points for us this season.  Bring on the transfer window. 

Spurs v Arsenal,  usually a testy, feisty encounter - but not so shorn of a crowd.  Jose has squashed the life out of Spurs, Arteta’s flame is sparking to life.   Won’t be a 9-7 thriller, probably 1-2 for the Gunners.

Bournemouth v Leicester,  it’s the end of the affair for the Cherries & the inevitable break up looms.  Vardy has the scent for goals again and a few coming his way in this match I reckon. 0-3.

Stoke v Birmingham,  it’s as tight as a tiger in the lower reaches of the Championship.  My suggested outcome for the Potters against Leeds was accurate for 45 minutes - I see that as a success.  Points in this game and the next are vital because needing a win against promotion chasing Brentford in the final game is distinctly sub-optimal.   @Eoin will understand why I am predicting a defeat - it’s football fan lore. 

Monday

Man Utd v Southampton, goal frenzy incoming.  Both teams skipping through matches like impish baby-deer right now. 4-2 I reckon.

Right, I have a full on potter-about the garden schedule and Egg session to embark upon.  Don’t mention the cricket.  Carry on! 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Yes they are. @Acn Little to no haze for the win! Loving the pictures-keep them coming!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You have a few leaves 🍁 on the deck that need blowin off. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Yes they are. @Acn Little to no haze for the win! Loving the pictures-keep them coming!  
    Thanks!  I will keep them coming, although today is mostly just going to be driving from Moab up to Jackson, WY.  We’re planning on putting in 10 miles in the Tetons tomorrow.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Reading a very informative article in the newspaper. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Living vicariously through my buddy who's in the Gulf right now heading to Key West.

lousubcap said:
    The bark darkened-sitting on the cooling rack before wrap and pack for a few hours.  The jiggle is real!

Next pic will be the money shot, however it finishes.
    Is this the Heartbrand? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Whatever else happens today, this makes it a good day!

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - yes it is.  They really trim them up nicely before shipping although this one had around better than 1.5 lbs more  of hard fat compared to the previous one.  And let the record show, this cook got underway after the watering hole closed up this AM.  (Fired the BGE fire a few hours earlier).  It does pass the pic test-real judging in a few hours as I lope some of to deliver to my son and some neighbors.  Thanks for asking.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.