Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Having a stern discussion with these fellers about fulfilling their destiny to become pie...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Just taking a stroll with my wife, daughter and young son (not pictured; in Chariot I am pushing) in our new ‘hood.

Looks like a beautiful neighborhood.  Where are you folks located?  
    Thanks John! We’re in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - the national capital - 5 mins from the heart of downtown. Stop by if ever you’re in town.

If I’m honest, I think we’re exceptionally lucky to have gotten into the pocket that we did. I don’t believe it would have worked out this way if not for COVID - that’s not to say that the pandemic is a good thing by any stretch; only that I think it played in our favour. 
    I will definitely take you up on that.  I've not been to Ottawa but it's definitely one of the places I'd love to visit among many in Canada.  

And I'm glad to hear the pandemic may have had a silver lining for you and your family.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    lousubcap said:
    Below ribs just delivered to the local small staffed firehouse.

Much appreciated.  
    You da man!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    lousubcap said:

Much appreciated.  
    Ribs look great, and what a nice gesture. Kudos to you, sir.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Wooderson That’s a neat setup. Both tent and grill. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
     I just watched a show on HGTV called HomeTown. They bought and fixed up a house for a couple. One of the things they did was create an outdoor grilling area using a red Egg, Kamari Joe. They built a wooden Egg table but they didn’t use a paving stone or air gap spacer. Hopefully it didn’t burn the house down later.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    caliking said:
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH Great looking spread of food. 
    @caliking I’m going to go out on a limb here. I’m going to suggest that random pouring of ingredients into whatever SS “measuring cup” is handy - as opposed to the palm of your hand - is not how the rest of the world measures... 
    This is all so confusing to me... which is why I don't bother with it,  unless someone is breathing down my neck, waiting for numbers to put in a sausage  spreadsheet =)
    .....nothing wrong with feelin your way through creation, assembly and cook. Hell I got a son who drives with that methodology. In his case, we call it the drive by brail plan. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Tri-tip on for the low and slow with a dear to come

• SciAggie
    Nice pizza @JohnInCarolina
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    lousubcap said:
    Here's the little (3.5 lb) boneless ( I removed and enjoyed on my own) rib roast.  Turned out quite well by my standards.

And the money shot!

Thanks for looking.
    That’s good by any standard. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Trying not to go to sleep. A wasp divebombed me and nailed the back of my ear. My allergies aren’t as bad as when I was a kid but I still took a benadry just in case.
  • SciAggie
    @Battleborn Nice! Kids love to cook if we let them. It looks like she has it under control. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Trying not to go to sleep. A wasp divebombed me and nailed the back of my ear. My allergies aren’t as bad as when I was a kid but I still took a benadry just in case.
    Ouch!
    While riding my motorcycle to lunch, I saw a black spot up in the sky in front of me, and it dive-bombed me, struck in that little pit in my throat just above the rib cage, and stung me.  I'm not allergic, but I said a bad word and almost drove off the road.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    @bucky925 looks awesome 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    @FarmingPhD it looks spectacular.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Just taking a stroll with my wife, daughter and young son (not pictured; in Chariot I am pushing) in our new ‘hood.

Looks like a beautiful neighborhood.  Where are you folks located?  
    Thanks John! We’re in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - the national capital - 5 mins from the heart of downtown. Stop by if ever you’re in town.

If I’m honest, I think we’re exceptionally lucky to have gotten into the pocket that we did. I don’t believe it would have worked out this way if not for COVID - that’s not to say that the pandemic is a good thing by any stretch; only that I think it played in our favour. 
    I will definitely take you up on that.  I've not been to Ottawa but it's definitely one of the places I'd love to visit among many in Canada.  

And I'm glad to hear the pandemic may have had a silver lining for you and your family.  
    It’s got two major universities and a host of small ones, so see if you can’t arrange one of those fancy talks of yours out my way. 😉 Just avoid scheduling it October through April. ☃️ 🥶 
  • lousubcap said:

Much appreciated.  
    Colour and bark (and flavour, I’m sure) are beaut!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    Finished up harvesting for today out here in the country. My buddy heard somebody screaming for help as we were driving off the farm. A neighbor had fallen off the porch couldn’t move and had been sitting out there for hours. We called an ambulance let her dog puggy out for a wee and saw her off to the hospital. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Finished up harvesting for today out here in the country. My buddy heard somebody screaming for help as we were driving off the farm. A neighbor had fallen off the porch couldn’t move and had been sitting out there for hours. We called an ambulance let her dog puggy out for a wee and saw her off to the hospital. 
    you are a good man sir.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.