Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    Trying to see if this weekends Rodeos are still going on.  State just got shutdown again for 30 days, but rollout has been confusing.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Wow.  A thread I was responding to got buffalo'd while I was writing my response!  
    I'll finish here, as it's completely non-political and has no bouncing parts.  

I've never seen....

...the point of cheap razors having 3, 4, 5, possibly even SIX blades aligned in quick succession.  I remember way back (possibly even before I could shave) the TV commercials that showed (in scientific-based cartoon animation) how the first blade would grab the whisker, and pull it out, while the second blade would cut it off, letting it snap back, for a perfectly-clean, "below the surface"  shave.
    Well, I measured 3/16" between the leading- and trailing-edge blades (five total) on the last razor I got packed with my Sunday newspaper (I would never purchase these travesties); am I to believe that razor (and both Schick and Gillette do this) will pull my whiskers out 3/16" inch?!?!?  If not, why am I being charged for the extra blades?  I have doubts that even a double-edge does anything (and I am now using cheepie double-edgers for touchups (I use an electric rotary shaver) marketed by Bic (the pen manufacturer).  
    This is nearly on the level of bottled water sales.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    A “little birdie” told me that thread would disappear today.  It was stupid, meaningless, and served no purpose on the forum!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Road trip to Birmingham today. Found a company that usually supplies up to 75 local restaurants and some grocery stores that is now selling some product to the general public. The patties in the middle are brisket, short rib, and pork belly. They are the reason for the trip but decided to make it worth the drive with a few additions. Prepaid with very little contact...
    This is my kind of score. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    @littlerascal56 I Disagree! It's purpose for me was entertainment and I quite enjoyed the banter.
    What's the purpose of your post?
    btw I was the one that flagged you.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a disturbance in this thread.
    I'll leave it alone now.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Folks, we learned this lesson.  Do not spill arguments into this thread.

@Botch not directed at you.  Also, I wonder the point of it all too.  Men must have been scruffy unkept beasts prior to the 12 bladded wunderkin shavers they say we need.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Botch said:
    After 19 years, I still can't separate cheekun wings (tips, flappers, and drumettes) cleanly with even a heavy chef's knife.  Gah.
    Phukket.  They're cut, brining, and in the frig.  Hands washed and bandages secured.  Tomorrow is a cook I'm excited about, to be a separate thread (stay tuned).  
    looking forward to it!

And i'm with you on the separation thing. If they were meant to be separate, i'm sure they would have evolved that way by now. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wow.  A thread I was responding to got buffalo'd while I was writing my response!  
    I'll finish here, as it's completely non-political and has no bouncing parts.  

I've never seen....

...the point of cheap razors having 3, 4, 5, possibly even SIX blades aligned in quick succession.  I remember way back (possibly even before I could shave) the TV commercials that showed (in scientific-based cartoon animation) how the first blade would grab the whisker, and pull it out, while the second blade would cut it off, letting it snap back, for a perfectly-clean, "below the surface"  shave.
    Well, I measured 3/16" between the leading- and trailing-edge blades (five total) on the last razor I got packed with my Sunday newspaper (I would never purchase these travesties); am I to believe that razor (and both Schick and Gillette do this) will pull my whiskers out 3/16" inch?!?!?  If not, why am I being charged for the extra blades?  I have doubts that even a double-edge does anything (and I am now using cheepie double-edgers for touchups (I use an electric rotary shaver) marketed by Bic (the pen manufacturer).  
    This is nearly on the level of bottled water sales.  

I'm old enough to remember that parody ad from the early days of SNL where they were selling the "Triple Track" razor - this was not long after Gillete( or Schick?) came out with their two blade razor - talking about how great that third blade was because ..."you'll believe anything".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    @Botch I see your point. If the first blade does all the heavy cutting and starts to dull, does the second blade take up the slack? and on down the line?  Also I think there is a safety advantage to a multiple blade system. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We obviously need Scottie to lend his expertise here.  @SGH
    Options
    A “little birdie” told me that thread would disappear today.  It was stupid, meaningless, and served no purpose on the forum!
    You must be bursting with pride.
    Options
    You must be bursting with pride.
    Do not antagonize this person here.  Show some more cool cat photos instead.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options

Options

Options

Just got her detailed.  Up for sale.  42' Fifth wheel is gone.  Going to travel trailer now.  (shorter trips and all of us can fit in one vehicle)
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Just got her detailed.  Up for sale.  42' Fifth wheel is gone.  Going to travel trailer now.  (shorter trips and all of us can fit in one vehicle)
    That thing is a beast! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Beautiful truck!  What year?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    The correct use of Marmite.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I eat it straight out of the jar, like a proper man.
    Options
    Eoin said:

You have defiled two otherwise perfect coddled eggs.  Hang your head in shame.   
    @nolaegghead  Go immediately to the nearest mirror and apologise to yourself. Dirty boy! 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Buuurrp.  Too.  Much.  Salt.
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

@nolaegghead  Go immediately to the nearest mirror and apologise to yourself. Dirty boy! 
    I had you down as a Marmite man. You are dead to me.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Mmmmm.  Yeast.  Pushing culinary boundaries again England.  Well done.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

I had you down as a Marmite man. You are dead to me.
    Fair enough.  That seems reasonable given its Marmite we're talking about.  (insert dry heave sound here) 

And @GATraveller - you're on the naughty step for liking the comment, too. 

Oh hang on,  you liked mine too.  Just a warning this time, then.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @CPFC1905 "like" was definitely for the eggs not the Marmite. Grew up with an Aussie family across the street and the mom made me try it on more than one occasion.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    @Botch I see your point. If the first blade does all the heavy cutting and starts to dull, does the second blade take up the slack? and on down the line?  Also I think there is a safety advantage to a multiple blade system
    Reminds of something that crosses my mind whenever I see someone perform the bed of nails stunt ... how about lying on a bed with a single nail?  =)
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Did not realize Bass Pro bought Cabela's.