Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grievance Thread

Options

Comments

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Cen-Tex you are another Nola sheeple. I posted at least 50 cook pics in the last 5 years, but on others posts.  I never start a new post for my cooks, as that’s so “Facebook”. You need to go thru all my comments to see my wonderful, delicious cooks. You think you know me by my profile, but you don’t have a clue.  I have sold a lot of my table builds to forum members in the past 5 years (at no profit), so don’t get on your high horse and judge me. I have brought a LOT to this forum since 2015!

FAKE NEWS!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    keener75 said:
    FAKE NEWS!
    Fake news is real.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Can you imagine the eye roll from the buffalo every time he receives a new “dossier“ of information from some tool who has been here for five years and has 15 posts about nothing regarding forum members who contribute every day, bring hundreds of people together from all over the country every year to celebrate this forum? 

If I spend my retirement creeping people’s posts On a BBQ forum and trying to determine who’s troll accounts are whose, I hope my retirement is short. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker...pull your head out of your A$$.  I correspond with Rob (the Buffalo as you know him) directly, and he is aware of the forum issues.  He doesn’t have an easy job dealing with your a$$hole posts. He does a good job, and has to be very patient. He also listens to reason.
    And I do correspond with a lot of members via PM’s. Many on the forum are intimidated, and prefer to PM me with questions.  That’s sad, as it shows intimidation by a few of the “key” players that run the forum.

BTW: my brother built smokers in Ft Worth TX, so I thought all Texans were good at BBQ.

If you hope your retirement is short, perhaps God could grant your wish?

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker...pull your head out of your A$$.  I correspond with Rob (the Buffalo as you know him) directly, and he is aware of the forum issues.  He doesn’t have an easy job dealing with your a$$hole posts. He does a good job, and has to be very patient. He also listens to reason.
    😂 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Get on your bikes and RIDE!

Options
    Legume said:
    This is just too funny.  @littlerascal56 you’ve been on here since 2015?!  Is that right?  Damn, I thought you were new and felt unwelcome.  Your posts are all middle school girl whining, XL tables and carts, kamado joe warranty issue, blah blah blah.  The train didn’t leave without you, you’re just sitting there on the platform, d!ck in hand.

btw, Nola made me write this.

help me.

being held in a basement somewhere.
    Picture with today's newspaper and the puppets or it didn't happen.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lol!
    Options
    And I do correspond with a lot of members via PM’s. Many on the forum are intimidated, and prefer to PM me with questions.  That’s sad, as it shows intimidation by a few of the “key” players that run the forum.

That's just pathetic.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    This is one of the most hilarious threads in recent memory.  BTW, NOLA has a gun to my head right now and I'm in a basement somewhere tied up in mid-city by myself and I'm forced against my will to post this.  Also, JIC threatened me with a very stern voice that he would be extremely mean to me if I did not post this stuff totally against my will.
    Options
    PS - all the puppet sex on the friday night zoom call was not my idea!  NOLA forced me!!!
    Options
    Doing a @littlerascal56 tribute cook to start the day

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I wasn’t going to make breakfast, but NOLA sent his fleet of carrier pigeons to intimidate me. Never met or talked to the guy, but somehow he knows I hate pigeons
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    PS - all the puppet sex on the friday night zoom call was not my idea!  NOLA forced me!!!
    That NOLA guy again! Ban him now.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    He sent me a picture for my refrigerator.  It watches me . It tells me what to do. It gives me things.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    But so many are reading these posts, and never chime in. They are intimidated by JIC and Nola, as both control the forum. If one posts an opinion, they get shot down and repressed as “stupid” because it’s not John or Carey’s opinion. So they never post again.  Such is life on the BGE forum!  
    Please tell me that this is the story you sent to BGE headquarters, along with a link to British case law.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited June 2020
    Options
    And I do correspond with a lot of members via PM’s. Many on the forum are intimidated, and prefer to PM me with questions. 

So you’re saying the Forum Area Resistance Tribe is silent, but deadly?  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Grievance for today:

A few armed militia groups vowed to enter Louisville to forcefully end the protesting in support of the police. The militia intervention was organized by a member of the Kentucky National Guard.

Crowds for both sides gathered last night, downtown, local folks armed themselves against what they believed to be armed militias and their supporters to fight against the protesters of the death of Miss Taylor.

The supporters of the Militias arrived with hate speech and posters, but the militias never materialized after the police and mayor told them they were not needed and they were not welcome.

Things got out of hand, between the two opposing groups, two people were shot, one person died.

Just trying to put things in perspective here folks.

There really are more important issues to resolve than this Waffle House waitress bîțčh slapping contest, at least for me, my family, and our loved ones.....anyway, whatever.

I hope this hate ends. Our country needs unification, not division.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start today.

For the love of our country. Stop the hate.

Sorry if this offends. Just felt the need to pull the pressure release valve. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    Just makes me laugh thinking about Lit and Littlerascal56 and probably a couple other guys PM-ing each other discussing how to throw "the guys ruining the forum" off by "contacting the head of BGE CORPORATION and AUTHORITIES" or whatever because I'm breaking (UK) laws that incite people that have sticks up their butts.  Or something.  I've sold a lot of eggs for them, and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. 

I like the people here and it's kind of pointless to throw someone off unless they've gone completely off the reservation because they'll just get back on with a new account and double down on the trolling and hate.
    Yea you can get back on with a new account, but your post count starts at 0000.  That would definitely hurt your “self esteem” and devalue your posts!  You would be a “nobody”, starting from square one.  Basically a newbie on the forum.
    Just trying to make sure I understand this correctly- 
    if for some reason, my post count on an internet bbq forum should reset to zero, I should be devastated?
    Dude...if you had 33000+ posts, yes you may be devastated! Some people place a lot of importance on stuff like that... it’s their life’
     I can see that...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Grievance for today:

A few armed militia groups vowed to enter Louisville to forcefully end the protesting in support of the police. The militia intervention was organized by a member of the Kentucky National Guard.

Crowds for both sides gathered last night, downtown, local folks armed themselves against what they believed to be armed militias and their supporters to fight against the protesters of the death of Miss Taylor.

The supporters of the Militias arrived with hate speech and posters, but the militias never materialized after the police and mayor told them they were not needed and they were not welcome.

Things got out of hand, between the two opposing groups, two people were shot, one person died.

Just trying to put things in perspective here folks.

There really are more important issues to resolve than this Waffle House waitress bîțčh slapping contest, at least for me, my family, and our loved ones.....anyway, whatever.

I hope this hate ends. Our country needs unification, not division.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start today.

For the love of our country. Stop the hate.

Sorry if this offends. Just felt the need to pull the pressure release valve. 
    I agree that ALL voices need to be heard. Good, bad or indifferent. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Could someone explain if I'm supposed to be "ruining" the forum or "running" the forum?  Or is it both?  I've got a full schedule today and don't think I'll have time for both activities.

Maybe I'll just wait for instructions from Nola.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thread is sinking.  That's a shame.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I have another grievance.  I don’t think the French onion soup thread is heading to any resolution or consensus.  Too many recipes being thrown around.  Ron is going to have to run some experiments or have a decision tree to deselect some of them.  He just wanted to know how to make a killer soup, people need to only post recipes that will result in a killer soup, or kick-butt.  I think kick-butt would be ok too.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Could someone explain if I'm supposed to be "ruining" the forum or "running" the forum?  Or is it both?  I've got a full schedule today and don't think I'll have time for both activities.

Maybe it’s kind of like the presidency.  One leads to the other.
  • Eoin
    Options

Have you not told the flaggots that you're The Buffalo and they've been complaining to you about you? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Can we make a Cabal?  I think that would be cool.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    Options
    Can we make a Cabal?  I think that would be cool.
    Did you ask permission from NOLA and JIC?