Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grievance Thread

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    YukonRon said:
    These fully armed groups supposedly will be made up of those, having already created violence and deaths, in other states. They are coming in from different states to protest for the rights of white people. It is organized by a current member of the National Guard.
    Not for long.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Legume said:
    Can we get on with the grievances please?  I’m half expecting someone to start posting cooks here the way this is going.
    What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    TN_Egger said:
    I got a grievance with that Peach Butt Ron guy.  I been smoking butts for a few years and thought I was pretty good at it.  Then I tried his recipe/technique and realized that I knew nothing about making tasty Q.  Amazing flavor and moisture.  Never going back.  Just one bit of advice:  put a disposable drip pan under your butt - it's hell trying to clean baked on peach preserves.

Thanks for the great recipe @YukonRon!
    Can’t find peach preserves. Can I substitute with apricot jam?

Not only could you, that would be my preference!
    Thanks, should have asked sooner, was at Wally this morning and saw Smucker’s on sale, three jars for a loonie.
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    edited June 2020
    I just joined like 3 days ago ... grievance thread?

This is a BBQ site for crying out loud ...

Is COVID really getting to people that much?? LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    I fear there will be more violence in our city this weekend:

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/louisville-protests-counter-downtown-saturday/417-95362a11-f221-4a32-9215-16d7bf2fa39e

This has become such a mess here in Louisville.

These fully armed groups supposedly will be made up of those, having already created violence and deaths, in other states. They are coming in from different states to protest for the rights of white people. It is organized by a current member of the National Guard.

It was the National Guard, responding to a shot fired, that killed a man during the BLM movement.

I wonder if the body cameras will be turned on this time? Or not, again?
    Sad, maybe they should live feed those body cams ALL THE TIME, anyone can have access.  Think that would bring on some accountability from both sides of the fence?
    If it weren't for those pesky privacy and dissemination laws that protect victims of crimes.
    Concur. Just tired of living inside a short fused powder keg.

Just thinking if something were to happen, several more weeks of turmoil. Just not what we need right now.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

This is a BBQ forum with some amazing cooks on board. There may be a bit of political banter every now and again, but you won't find a better place to learn about cooking on an Egg, or any other kind of cooking really. Just ignore the whining snowflakes and join in, it's good fun.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

Yeah, you troublemaker!  Cut it out!
    :tongue:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452

Belated welcome to the asylum!
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

Good try, but COVID is fake.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Eoin said:

This is a BBQ forum with some amazing cooks on board. There may be a bit of political banter every now and again, but you won't find a better place to learn about cooking on an Egg, or any other kind of cooking really. Just ignore the whining snowflakes and join in, it's good fun.
    Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Just amuses me.  I see the same stuff on fishing forums.  Half the posts are political ... and definitely there's been an uptick of off-topic posts, I'm sure due to COVID boredom. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Botch said:

Yeah, you troublemaker!  Cut it out!
    :tongue:  
    Last time I cut it out, I was trimming fat off my brisket ... I cut too much out, and it wasn't as good. So now I'm a fan of leaving some in ...
  • Mark_B_Good
    Legume said:

So, it's fake COVID that is making everyone go nuts! Bingo!!
    If we pretend it is real, does it make everyone focus on BBQing again?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Eoin said:

Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Just amuses me.  I see the same stuff on fishing forums.  Half the posts are political ... and definitely there's been an uptick of off-topic posts, I'm sure due to COVID boredom. 
    The main difference between this forum and fishing forums is that people here don’t have a tendency to lie or exaggerate about their conquests.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:

The main difference between this forum and fishing forums is that people here don’t have a tendency to lie or exaggerate about their conquests.
    Not sure about that, hasn't @DMW got the biggest Egg?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Not sure about that, hasn't @DMW got the biggest Egg?
    That’s true.  He also flies around with Taylor Swift.  But the difference is... he doesn’t *brag* about it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I just joined like 3 days ago ... grievance thread?

We are glad to have you. It bubbles up on here from time to time but it’s usually fairly civil and fun (I think even this is fun but I’m weird that way).  I think there is definitely some cabin fever/Covid/political stress baked in here. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s a great place with a little family strife mixed in. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume said:

It’s the **** government control trampling my constitutionally god given rights that’s making everyone crazy.  You’re lucky you don’t have all of our freedoms up there in Canada or you would get trampled as well.  Or maybe it’s stampede up there, I’m not bilingual.
  • Legume said:

If we don’t test for fake Covid would there be less cases? Asking for a friend. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Legume said:

That is the thought process of the Dim Reaper.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

That is the thought process of the Dim Reaper.
    😂
  • Legume
    The testing is definitely the problem.  Trump knows that the swabs all comes from China and they’ve impregnated them with engineered mind control virus.  He was in on it because Xi promised to help him get re-elected, but now he isn’t going to do that.  This is why we need to back off on testing, that’s how people are getting the virus.
  • Eoin
    Legume said:
    The testing is definitely the problem.  Trump knows that the swabs all comes from China and they’ve impregnated them with engineered mind control virus.  He was in on it because Xi promised to help him get re-elected, but now he isn’t going to do that.  This is why we need to back off on testing, that’s how people are getting the virus.
    Mind control virus. That explains a LOT.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hard to control a mind that has been lost already.
    edited June 2020
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags
    I flagged you for the incorrect "no symbol".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol#:~:text=The%20general%20prohibition%20sign%20(official,bottom%20right)%2C%20completely%20enclosing%20a

My symbol, my rules
    Banning farts is probably a bad move in your line of work

I correctly "no symboled" my no symbol :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Hard to control a mind that has been lost already.
    Maybe it was released while ago?
  • Legume
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Could be brain control, I can’t remember which is more powerful.  Need to read this again.

• Eoin
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Could be brain control, I can’t remember which is more powerful.  Need to read this again.

Is Therman Murch an anagram of Vladimir Putin? Maybe I'm just confused. Or drunk. Or both. It's past Jaegermeister O'Clock here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    ColtsFan said:
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags
    I flagged you for the incorrect "no symbol".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol#:~:text=The%20general%20prohibition%20sign%20(official,bottom%20right)%2C%20completely%20enclosing%20a

My symbol, my rules
    Banning farts is probably a bad move in your line of work

I correctly "no symboled" my no symbol :)
    Better out, than in, I say :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.