Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
edited June 2020 in Off Topic
No, I am not hustling bingo this time.  I am sitting in  a parking lot waiting to buy a Lego set off craigslist.  What are you doing right now?

Due to numerous kind words and recommendations, I have decided to restart this thread, in the words of @lousubcap "sooner, rather than later".  Thank you all for the last 5 years, here is looking forward to more fun posts and friendship. (I put Cap's name in so he will get notifications everytime someone posts :) )

(For history, here is the original: https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177900/ot-what-are-you-doing-right-now#latest )

Enjoy, this is the communitie's thread!
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Being pissed the original got sunk. 
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Just finished off the jerk chicken . Before that I went to the gym for the first time since early March. We’ll see if I regret it tomorrow. I wore my Carhart gloves and carried my own Lysol wipes.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Glad to see this thread come back! As others have said the “what are you doing right now” was one of my favorites! 

Made some Hawaiian bread dusted with sugar because why not.

I have also been getting frustrated with my top dome bands. Reached out to the mother ship a few days ago.

LBGE
    AL
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Glad to see this again. Thanks @Ozzie_Isaac
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Reading the new best thread.  Thanks Ozzie, here’s to five more years!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Playin video games with my kiddo. Wow my TV looks small, I need a new one I guess...

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    I had quite an appropriate pedestrian cook this evening before this thread got launched.  No pics as I failed to appreciate the master's much needed response.  So, dream on-no worries the pics woulda been of poor quality anyhow.  On to the 1M views here.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Thanks for posting this. Now I actually have a fighting chance to keep up with this thing.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Just saying hello, on page one. 
    Arlington, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    No cook today.  Just a long day at work followed by an early wake up tomorrow.  

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited June 2020
    Let’s post the rules for this thread on page 1 so future posters know what is and isn’t allowed so as to keep this alive. I’ll list one. No politics.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    Let’s post the rules for this thread on page 1 so future posters know what is and isn’t allowed so as to keep this alive.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1217390/what-causes-a-thread-to-get-killed#latest
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    Let’s post the rules for this thread on page 1 so future posters know what is and isn’t allowed so as to keep this alive.
    Rules are simple:

Be respectful, be courteous, and avoid being a jerk.

Arguments and discussions are fine, just be a grown-up about it.

If you feel the need to light someone up, start a dedicated thread.

Do not take arguments from other threads here.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Time to confess, for whatever reason I stopped visiting the original thread since Jan 3, fell 4.2k unread behind  :)  Will try not to make that mistake again.
    canuckland
  • dmchicago
    Time to confess, for whatever reason I stopped visiting the original thread since Jan 3, fell 4.2k unread behind  :)  Will try not to make that mistake again.
    I plowed through it once but instantly fell behind again. 

There are so many good cooks in the WAYDRN thread that shoud be in the open forum.

IMHO.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Did someone call Bruce? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    A couple weeks ago I ordered a meat slicer that was recommended here and just sliced up some bacon that was finished a couple days ago. Yum!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Checking my garden.  Birds hit all my little golden tomatoes.

• Gulfcoastguy

I think that I have that same tomato SunSugar though Sun Gold is an older version of it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020

I think that I have that same tomato SunSugar though Sun Gold is an older version of it. 
    Yup, Sun Sugar.  I also have roma, early girl, and black kirin.

The birds are hard on the sun sugar.  They leave the rest alone.

• Gulfcoastguy
    I have A Sun Sugar at my house and at Dad’s: Sun Sugar, Bonnie Best, and Goliath. I was limited by Dad’s preferences for only smooth skinned, totally red tomatoes. So I only raised peppers from seed for the first time in 25 years or so.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Just watched the weather. It looks like we may have our first practice pre hurricane this weekend. Winds predicted to not top 60 mph and the center closer to Nola than me but plenty of rain. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Happy to see this phoenix rising from the ashes of the original. Thanks! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    I’m not much of a baker, but finishing off the last piece of this tonight- Kentucky Derby chocolate pie 

Recipe perhaps??