Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    I mean do folks really imagine Clinton appointing a labradooodle breeder to manage the government’s response to a pandemic?  
    But her emails.  And Bhengazi.

Also, she's an intelligent, powerful woman and therefore exceptionally frightening to a lot of folks.
    But this is just a question of basic competence and judgment. I mean if someone could convince me that there was a good chance she would have done that, or even that they just *believed* that she would, I would like to hear that argument.  Bill certainly had his crony appointments too, but this is a position that actually matters.  It’s not the ambassador to the Vatican we’re talking about here.
    she would be walking lost in the woods drinking a bottle of wine out of a paper bag right now =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,038
    Options

Amazing.  Hard to believe this analysis comes from the same guy who wrote a book predicting the Dow would hit 36,000.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    I’ve read their papers and methods John.  I definitely think they were doing the pluses and minuses before the times.  It’s just juvenile.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    I’ve read their papers and methods John.  I definitely think they were doing the pluses and minuses before the times.  It’s just juvenile.
    You joke but it's not all that far off by way of comparison, relative to the work the CDC is doing in this space.  We have some yahoo playing with Excel and fitting curves, and our government is listening to them because it paints a rosier scenario.  There's a good chance people will die here due to the gross incompetence on display.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Legume said:
    You joke but it's not all that far off by way of comparison, relative to the work the CDC is doing in this space.  We have some yahoo playing with Excel and fitting curves, and our government is listening to them because it paints a rosier scenario.  There's a good chance people will die here due to the gross incompetence on display.  
    Everyday I see people win with PowerPoint over knowledge.  Control the microphone and you control the message for the most part, or control the pictures and you control  the message

“We have data and models” is enough if you can’t or won’t dig in critically to the landslide of information and opinions that floods us all, every minute.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Everyday I see people win with PowerPoint over knowledge.  Control the microphone and you control the message for the most part, or control the pictures and you control  the message

“We have data and models” is enough if you can’t or won’t dig in critically to the landslide of information and opinions that floods us all, every minute.
    The ability to convey confidence in inaccurate information is all the "vetting" some people need. If the information aligns with an individuals perception of reality, then it "is so". We are living a real time experiment in Cognitive Dissonance. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,540
    Options
    Legume said:
    people are not working, people cannot take care of their families, people are committing suicide..

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/covid-19-is-likely-to-lead-to-an-increase-in-suicides/

Eat fruits, eat vegetables, let your immune system work.

If you are immune deficient, use caution.

People die everyday.

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Abraham 
    https://www.nobelpeaceprize.org/History Please note the relevant dates.
    "I don't know I read it on the internet somewhere so it must be true" - George Washington
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,324
    Options
    https://www.worldhealth.net/news/strong-correlation-between-unemployment-mortality-/

Here is something else from the internet. There is a similar story by Yale university and by the Federalist.
  • billt01
    Options
    https://www.worldhealth.net/news/strong-correlation-between-unemployment-mortality-/

Here is something else from the internet. There is a similar story by Yale university and by the Federalist.
    no one knows more, than the select few....
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2020
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:
    people are not working, people cannot take care of their families, people are committing suicide..

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/covid-19-is-likely-to-lead-to-an-increase-in-suicides/

People die everyday.

Indeed.  Are a lot of them dying from that sneaky contagion they're picking up at the drive-through window at McDonald's?  You know, the one you told us about - I think the acronym is CVD?  
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Indeed.  Are a lot of them dying from that sneaky contagion they're picking up at the drive-through window at McDonald's?  You know, the one you told us about - I think the acronym is CVD?  
    My view from your response...

Its not a stretch that CVD has become more common place since the evolution of the fast food restaurant.

That being said, your narrow minded view cannot entertain the statistics which prove so.

Fast food restaurant have caused an increase of a disease. If one partakes from said establishments, again and again some will eventually get CVD.

If one does not partake in dinning at said establishments, their chances greatly decrease in getting CVD.

Hence my view, not yours..

You can have your view, and I can have mine...

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Its not a stretch that CVD has become more common place since the evolution of the fast food restaurant.

That being said, your narrow minded view cannot entertain the statistics which prove so.

Fast food restaurant have caused an increase of a disease. If one partakes from said establishments, again and again some will eventually get CVD.

If one does not partake in dinning at said establishments, their chances greatly decrease in getting CVD.

You can have your view, and I will have mine...

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Please.  Your view was that cardio-vascular disease is contagious.  That's the part that was actively debated, by me and others.  The rest is you projecting views on me that I never put forward.  
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Please.  Your view was that cardio-vascular disease is contagious.  That's the part that was actively debated, by me and others.  The rest is you projecting views on me that I never put forward.  
    IF CVD has spread and become more and more an issue due to fast food restaurants..

The restaurants are compounding (spreading) the issue..

You may interpret this as you will, have a blessed day.
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Yeah, I rest my case your honor.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

You can have your view, and I will have mine...

Nicely done.  If the logic crumbles like a sand castle, just go "tough guy" mode. 
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

IF CVD has spread and become more and more an issue due to fast food restaurants..

• billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:

People die everyday.

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    Options
    It appears this thread is sinking. Bookmarked! 
    canuckland
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I didn;t know drive thru windows were hot spots for Covid....  Is that why Gov Cuomo's State is so f'd up?  Are there a bunch of drive thrus in Doofus DiBlasio's city?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I didn;t know drive thru windows were hot spots for Covid....  
    They’re not.  The drive throughs are where you catch cardio vascular disease...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited May 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:

Anus?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited May 2020
    Options
     billt01 said:

Heck, I don’t even remember if this started on this thread or not.  But, when you first mentioned your thoughts on CVD, you had a literal Doctor, an MD, explain what constitutes infectious disease and essentially define how the medical community views contagious for you.  Yet, you’re still arguing about whether or not a drive through is spreading disease. 

Being an internet tough guy is lame 

https://youtu.be/cJMwBwFj5nQ
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:

Anus?

Yup.  @SGH gave a private class at Brisket Camp one year.  I think it was BCIII
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX