Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Also, if I may add, I think the decision in Wisconsin to hold elections in person is most excellent.  Death is a small price to pay to vote in person and not have, like, fake absentee ballots.  Voting is serious business and history has shown us there are all kinds of fake people and dead people and immigrants and all that voting that we need to totally stop.  A few thousand dead people is a small price to pay for a totally rigged system.  MAGA!!!!  MAGA!!! MOFUCKAHSZ!!! MAGA!!!
    If, and I know this is really not cool, I can quote myself above, I just want to say there was a commission to evaluate how much this type of fraud influenced elections.  I can conclude that it's TOTALLY against our great leader when he loses.  Completely rigged and false.  When he WINS, it's totally legit.  This type of fraud needs to be stopped and we need to make this great country with all the great people great again.  People tell me this and I completely agree with them.  Great Americans do the right thing and support great leaders.  MAGA!!!

I hear this all the time, from very great sources.  The best sources. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Anyone who is a true patriot will agree with me.  I hear it from people all the time.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    The mayor from alton told the police chief to do the same to his wife they would to anyone else for violating the order, no preferential treatment. 

Good on the mayor! 

And whoever's mentioned someone coming back after theyre done, personal attacks warrant a response, even if I dont stoop to the level of name calling or snide remarks and lose my **** when doing so. But you can really say anything you want, because @The_Buffalo doesnt care what anyone posts on here anymore.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    And in the theme of this thread, stay home! 

@nolaegghead you are obviously the most angry person right now on here about covid, yet you post pictures of yourself out with friends fishing, working on boats, and wrenching on cars. Social distance much? Or does that only apply to others?

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited April 2020
    In regards to the comments last night about this being America’s fault...

The Trump administration eliminated a key position that had a US epidemiologist embedded in the Chinese CDC. It’s reasonable to assume that this would have 1) sounded the alarm earlier and 2) gave a clearer picture of the issue without looking through the lens of Chinese disinformation/censorship. 

Would it have changed our administration’s response or the overall result? That’s unclear.  That said, utilizing all available intelligence gathering services is typically considered wise. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    The mayor from alton told the police chief to do the same to his wife they would to anyone else for violating the order, no preferential treatment. 

Good on the mayor! 

And whoever's mentioned someone coming back after theyre done, personal attacks warrant a response, even if I dont stoop to the level of name calling or snide remarks and lose my **** when doing so. But you can really say anything you want, because @The_Buffalo doesnt care what anyone posts on here anymore.

I'm the fellow that made the comment about people saying they're done when they actually aren't.
    I'm puzzled by what has sparked such umbrage in you.
    You said this...
    "...when they interject their hate and slander towards me it shows me exactly what kind of person they are..."
    What "hate" and "slander" are you referring to? I reread the responses to your comments over the last few pages and I certainly don't see anything I would consider to be "hate & slander" had it been directed towards me. I have really thick skin tho so I never get upset by anything anyone might say to/about me in an internet forum.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868

Good on the mayor! 

Explicitly tagging the Buffalo in an attempt to get this thread, or really any thread, sunk or shut down has to be one of the lamest plays on the forum.  You might as well call for mommy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Saying the pandemic office was disbanded isnt true. The positions were reorganized into existing agencies. Just throwing out "OH NOE ORANGE CHEETO MAN RUINED AMERICA BY DISBANDING THE PANDEMIC OFFICE I NEED A SAFE SPACE I'M MELTING" certainly fits the narrative to shed a bad light on the current administration.  But it's not true. The jobs are still there. 

Here is an article discussing this, and it also delves into the pros and cons of the move. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/20/was-white-house-office-global-pandemics-eliminate

When I first read this response, I laughed., which was good because the last couple of days due to the realities of our country, has had me, and millions of others, in a less than cheerful mood.

You thought I wrote Trump fired everyone? This is what you took exception to? This is where it all escalated from?

Read my words again. Slowly....you know, the ones which you quoted.....

Where did I mention Donald Trump fired anyone? Point it out to me. I will say I am wrong if I did.

So tell me.....in your opinion, how did Trump's "re org" of the office specifically developed and designed to battle pandemics, such as Covid 19, work out?

Just spitballing here.....

I am thinking the families, friends and loved ones of about 13,000 dead and those of the hundreds of thousands infected, just might not share your view.

I could be wrong.....but I am thinking ....perhaps not.

By the way, they are not "melting." They are sick and they are dying. I really hope you and yours do not have to deal with it and I really hope you know the difference.

Sincerely doubt it since you do not know the difference between disbanded and fired.

But the real gem of your argument:

Which mistakes, same ones all the other countries have?

Ignorance of the president is not a valid excuse.

The fact anyone would rationalize criminal neglect at such a level that compromises the global economy, the security of our country, the health of every American, the additional trillions of debt your great grandchildren will have to deal with, the millions of Americans who lost trillions in retirement savings and investments, the personal destruction of the fed, our most valuable tool to fight recession, millions of Americans losing their jobs, and lest we forget the dead and dying, is as dangerous and morally corrupt as the president and his administration.

This is America. We are not other countries.

You and people like you accept this. That is America's problem.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Wow, this kinda reminds me of the time a major league ball player for the Dodgers joined our church and I drafted him for the coed softball team .
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    I can't wait until Easter when we can fill up the churches again.  Well, all of them, not just some.
    The "I didn't know" defense is taking on water.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    Nope.  I read them.  Holding Trump responsible for everything is like blaming your 6 year old for killing a goldfish.  I blame the general populace for being idiots and voting in a fvcking incompetent government.  

and as important as the next election is, the populous has it narrowed down to biden and trump lol
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Nope.  I read them.  Holding Trump responsible for everything is like blaming your 6 year old for killing a goldfish.  I blame the general populace for being idiots and voting in a fvcking incompetent government.  

and as important as the next election is, the populous has it narrowed down to biden and trump lol

They are both idiots, but this is the world we live in. 
    I will follow Fishes post with a question. If you could pick anyone, (omitting current and past candidates) to lead us out of this situation for the next 4 years. Who would that be?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • milesvdustin

Explicitly tagging the Buffalo in an attempt to get this thread, or really any thread, sunk or shut down has to be one of the lamest plays on the forum.  You might as well call for mommy.  
    Ill tag anyone I want, and it wasn't in an attempt to get the thread closed, however you think it is. 

And there we go again with the name calling. Keep it up, you're doing fantastic. 

@YukonRon I haven't responded to anything you've posted in here, but its nice to see you assuming I am rationalizing criminal neglect. I posted an article that goes into both sides of an issue and get slammed for it. Im sure nobody took the time to read it. 

@HeavyG the hate is the name calling and negative assumptions being thrown about. Didn't read all that?  I even quoted it in this reply. 

SO what has trump done RIGHT? Banned flights from China, then got hammered for it because of the "war on immigrants" by the democrats. Hmmmm…. 

However, on February 24th, Pelosi tells everyone to go visit Chinatown, after this virus starts heating up and people are starting to stay out of public. That's a great idea! 

March 13th, the NYC mayor and his health expert tell everyone to use the subway and go to concerts, the virus isn't a big deal. Well apparently it was a big enough deal on march 11th for the WHO to declare it a pandemic! Great thinking! How do you justify that? 

Last week, the democrats set up an investigation into the American response to coroniavirus, because that's more important right now than helping people figure this thing out. It can wait

Heres another article

https://humanevents.com/2020/03/16/what-the-democrats-have-done-during-coronavirus-is-enough-to-make-you-sick/

This absolutely disgusting act of adding pork to the relief  package bill. How can anyone justify that????  
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/congressional-democrats-add-last-minute-ideological-demands-to-coronavirus-relief-package/

The new york times called it the "trumpavirus" in late february (furthering my point of people making this trumps fault, because trump) 

Biden and bloomberg said that trump cut the CDC and NIH funding, which was false. 

• Phaqallyall
    Phaqallyall Posts: 128
    Y'all are arguing with a fat fock from bumfock nowhere who's forum pic has a  bunny camping out on his 40 pound gut.  These threads are great. 
    sound it out yaidjit
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    It might be true for Trump. It’s been widely reported that he doesn’t read his daily briefings every day. 
  • JohnInCarolina

Ill tag anyone I want, and it wasn't in an attempt to get the thread closed, however you think it is. 

Whether or not it was your intent it's likely to be the end result.  If you don't see that I can't help you.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    obviously, trump just didnt see the memo
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead

Biden and bloomberg said that trump cut the CDC and NIH funding, which was false. 

Just to be fair, you are right.  Trump did not cut the CDC and NIH funding.  He tried to, but congress didn't accept the funding cuts.  So technically, Biden and Bloomberg were incorrect.

It might be true for Trump. It’s been widely reported that he doesn’t read his daily briefings every day. 
    Especially when they don't have enough pictures or recent quotes from the press praising him.  
  • frazzdaddy
    Wow, this kinda reminds me of the time a major league ball player for the Dodgers joined our church and I drafted him for the coed softball team .
    I paid for it though. I played catcher. He once gunned a runner down from center field at home plate. That softball looked like meteorite.  I couldn't use my glove hand for a week.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    I paid for it though. I played catcher. He once gunned a runner down from center field at home plate. That softball looked like meteorite.  I couldn't use my glove hand for a week.
    You may appreciate that my father became a southern Baptist as a young man in large part because they had a much better softball team than the Irish Catholic church he was raised in.  True story.  
  • frazzdaddy
    edited April 2020
    You may appreciate that my father became a southern Baptist as a young man in large part because they had a much better softball team than the Irish Catholic church he was raised in.  True story.  
    I do, lol those games were a huge part of our fellowship. Incidentally the guy was Paul Shuey. Played for, (wait for it) the Tarheels and LA
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That sounds like an adult beverage league and a no adult beverage league.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    That sounds like an adult beverage league and a no adult beverage league.
    Knowing my father I'm sure that was part of the calculus.  But he was legit into it for the athletic competition as well, no question.  As kids we used to travel around with our mom to see him play with his team in these softball tournaments.