Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

SRF Manhattan roast on the tisserie. 325 degrees for two hours, pulled at 120. It was the bomb. S&P, fresh minced rosemary, parsley, and thyme. With a loaded baked potato.
    You make our state proud. I know you found much joy right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Way to bring it @lousubcap

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Rack of lamb as it has been too long.

Getting ready.

Oops, a bit sideways but about to get sliced,

Each was a several rib cut but great gnawing and even a " go again" Tuesday.
    Stay healthy and stay safe.  
    That is beautiful. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousubcap The lamb looks delicious.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    Options
    been frying alot of cheap battered onion rings.  game changer is lightly salting the rings and setting them on towels in the fridge for two days, then batter and fry. been wanting to try that for years but have never planned ahead.  french fries tonight
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Getting ready.

Yes please! I’m pretty sure someone had a great meal. Bravo!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @lousubcap Wow!!!  That looks incredible.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Getting ready.

Indeed Cap, banquet for sure. That right there is spot on!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Knocked out a couple of hot and fast tri tips. No pics, but they were delicious.
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    Options
    soaking more potatoes for tonights fries, really getting some distance with cheap foods
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Got one slab or duroc spares smoking 

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,432
    Options
    Hoping this just landed Heartbrand Akasuhi brisket (12.6 lbs untrimmed) does not make this thread as it is on for National Brisket Day, May 28th.  

BTW-Heartbrand beef has free shipping on any order thru April 11 (no affiliation here).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Got one slab or duroc spares smoking 

Yeah buddy! Like the set up. Nice!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Hoping this just landed Heartbrand Akasuhi brisket (12.6 lbs untrimmed) does not make this thread as it is on for National Brisket Day, May 28th.  

BTW-Heartbrand beef has free shipping on any order thru April 11 (no affiliation here).  
    It might very well make this thread.  I was just shown a new model that shows our COVID-19 peak where we will be at our limits in terms of hospital capacity during the 2 week stretch of May 25 - June 8.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,432
    Options
    @Foghorn Sorry to hear that but as long as you don't exceed the limits (and I realize there are many pieces that drive a limiting situation) then I will just post the cook in two places-here and a yet to be fired up NBD cook thread.  Da-n.
    Stay healthy, stay safe and take some time for yourself to decompress.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@CPARKTX2 and I just got a couple of Heartbrand Akaushi strips. They look pretty tasty. Can’t wait to try. (Mine is Right on top next to the 44 farms skirt and ribeyes). Another successful shady parking lot deal. Thanks Mark for making this one happen! 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Reverse seared a marinated flank steak last night for Passover dinner. No pix, but it came out great — always have done them hot and fast in the past, but no more. 

Also made olive oil matzoh. Think of it as sourdough bread’s low-IQ cousin. I’d like to say I slaved over it (get it?) but it was a simple and delicious! 

It's a 302 thing . . .