Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,043
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    @Botch Harmon’s?  I’ve gotten their SRF before but honestly I like their dry aged offerings more. 
    I haven't seen those, thanks for the tip.  
    Will look for them once/if we get through this virus thingie.   
    Usually in the butcher case they get a little heavy handed with the trimming but at ours in St George they have a dry aging case and if you get there early enough in the day they will cut to order. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Got some of this goin’ on.....

Whoa.  I think I am going to want to hear how this comes out!
    Will report back. They set up nicely in the fridge overnight. Because of real estate limitations of the pot, I divided into four containers rather than the called-for six. Based solely on the amount of cream cheese in this recipe, I expect good things. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,709
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - Access to SRF in a local market is a great deal.  

I'm not so sure.  As I mentioned, the meat tasted a bit "old".  I dug the package out of the trash, it had a sell-by date of 4 April, tomorrow, so I should've been good (although, grocer's package, not SRF).    
    Yet, this was not a good afternoon.  Had a terrible aftertaste in my mouth the whole time, and a slight fever for awhile (classic food poisoning flags, for me).  By 5 I felt a lot better, and the aftertaste was, fortunately, alcohol-soluble, so I think I'm okay now.  
    Gonna lay off any steaks for awhile, but that's okay.   :|  

Dang that is a bummer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options

Polish Sausage

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    @mamacooks -Great pics and post.  Welcome aboard and continue to enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun, especially now.
    Stay healthy and stay safe.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @mamacooks Great cooks!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    mamacooks said:
    Smoked a 15# brisket 2 weeks ago and froze about 3/4 as just me and DH at home right now.  Had a 10# butt in the freezer that I thawed this week, prepped with mustard and Dizzy Dust and threw on Egg last night at 830.  Cooked overnight at 225f. Mopped a couple of times during the last 2 hours with a honey/bourbon glaze. Hit 200f at 235 this afternoon, probes like soft butter. Foiled, wrapped and resting in cooler til dinner for the 2 of us.  Pics of pork cook and 1 of brisket ‘pre-cook’. I tend to keep a full freezer so plenty of chicken, pork, fish and some beef.  Still have the better part of 2 deer left.  I can and freeze during the summer months so always have my pantry.   If I could just find some yeast I’d be pretty darned happy - no one I know bakes bread, so really...????🙄
    You had me at honey-bourbon. Looks awesome. 

Check out the “wild yeast” thread on this very forum. Many of us grow our own on here. Join the starter party. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thin crust brisket pizza:

Wife and so are drooling. 😋
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    Options

Wife and so are drooling. 😋
    Thanks.  Pics are terrible, but this is good.  It's so easy if you have leftover brisket too, because I just use bbq sauce for the base.  Saves me the step of making my own tomato sauce. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Got some of @JohnInCarolina 18 hour sous vide ribs on the egg now. Got a late start on the smoking portion after a day pressure washing the deck for waterproofing tomorrow. If there could possible be a silver lining to this terrible situation, I am getting caught up on the honey-do list. Also enjoying the board games/puzzles/etc with the kids- nice to get them away from their screens and interact. 

Greensboro, NC
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options

In the words of Steve Austin..... “Can I get a hell yeah!”.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SciAggie
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina brisket pizza is one of my favorites. Like you, BBQ sauce base, shredded brisket, caramelized onion, pickled jalapeños, and Chuy’s jalapeño sauce to finish. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    chard said:
    Sous vide for 8 hours at 132; then cave man for the finish.  
    Now that is bringing it home.  Great cook right there.  Congrats.  
    As noted, everyone is bringing their A-game to this gig.  Keep it up.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Ha! My wife and I used to put a dowel between chairs to hang the pasta...

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,238
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker I spent all afternoon pressure washing. I was lucky to get what I had together. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,987
    edited April 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Ha! My wife and I used to put a dowel between chairs to hang the pasta...

The right move with the cambro is to put a rod in the middle and drape the pasta all the way over the sides so it can dry. I fixed it after this pic 😊
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Legume said:

Looks a mess here, but this was last night.  Shrimp & mushroom in a lemon Alfredo on top of spaghetti squash.  Added some tomato and basil at the end.
     I'd hit that hard. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,709
    Options
    I just have to say @CPFC1905 I really enjoy reading your posts.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.