Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I just read in the paper that we have had the first Corvid fatality in our county. They said that he wasn’t a county or even State resident. The thing was that the hospital that he(or she) died in is about 400 feet from my back door.
    Yeah, I don't think you need to worry about that proximity.

What I would worry about tho is your governor is pretty much in the same public safety boat as the president of Brazil.

God help you all.

Yep we haven't put up an immigration checkpoint at our Western border....yet.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think the last time you did that was when New Orleans was trying to evacuate before a hurricane.
    Options
    Considering that I worked for the agency in charge of Contraflow until mid 2016 I think not.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Considering that I worked for the agency in charge of Contraflow until mid 2016 I think not.

I think it was just a threat by another crazy governor, not actually implemented.  My brain is like an oatmeal trap.
    Options
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    FWIW, @nolaegghead never served bat (as far as I know) at Brisket Camp
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    But he did vomit when told that he had @SGH’s balls in his mouth. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    thetrim said:
    You apparently missed the best part of BC...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    Options
    Is the curve possible flattening out/reaching a peak? Time will tell, stay home.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Sadly it doesn’t seem the same can be said about the number of deaths.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    They just shut our factory in the prison down for 2 weeks. Not sure if we are going on lockdown 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    CTMike said:

It does not, and unfortunately the deaths are what makes sense to track more than the cases, due to variations in testing.

Here's the thing: we're a very spread out country, and this is going to peak in different cities in the US on different weeks and even months.  There's going to be a lot of noise in the signal.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    Options

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just came across this article, this should p!ss you off to no end:

Plenty of that to go around these days.
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:

It does not, and unfortunately the deaths are what makes sense to track more than the cases, due to variations in testing.

Here's the thing: we're a very spread out country, and this is going to peak in different cities in the US on different weeks and even months.  There's going to be a lot of noise in the signal.  
    Good points John, I think this is going to be around through the summer at least.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Mask shortage? What mask shortage?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    With the immediate challenges to various media to get out their story and the only story to feed the 24/7 news cycle there is bound to be lots of polarizing articles posted.  My concern is the near constant deluge one would get if wired to the TV all day long.  No wonder people are losing it.  No amount of gubmint reassurances at the state level will ease the angst when Cheeto does the daily dance.  Talk about mixed messages although to the professionals credit Cheeto is coming around.  He is definitely late to the party but better late...
    Too bad playing catch-up is so devastating to the final outcome for this round.
    Round two this coming fall...stay tuned!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    Just incredible to me that a national “stay at home” order hasn’t been issued yet.  It’s clear that’s what Fauci is recommending behind closed doors.   States that are slow-walking those moves are not helping their populations at all.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Good thing this isn't a virus where ignorant people are more likely to contract it.
    Options
    Good thing this isn't a virus where ignorant people are more likely to contract it.
    Actually, in general, that is the case with this virus. If you practice social distancing and good hygiene your chances of getting it are greatly reduced. Just as if you are a smoker or a vaper your chances of surviving it are greatly reduced. Of course if you were being sarcastic then I just agree with you.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Mississippi’s governor is issuing a two week shelter in place order at this minute to begin on Friday.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Just watched the NYC  press conference. Aside from  Blasio stroking his own ego on coming up with a budget he also commended his people on finally closing all the city parks. Seriously this is just now being done there?  I'm sure some jackwagon will try to politicize that as well!  Bottom line, Democrat or Republican the people dying are our friends, Son's, Daughter's, brothers, sisters, mom's, father's, grandfather's, grandmother's , nieces and nephews. My SIL is a resp therapist and is now attached to the COVID wing.  They are having to share PPE between staff for each patient.   Very scary times. They (Health Care Warriors) are doing what it takes on the front line.  Please don't be a DB and politicize. Please stay home if you don't have to leave.  Sad thing is I would say at least 70% of the people that are roaming the streets right now are not in fact 100% essential and this is going to do nothing but prolong this entire ordeal and make it take twice as long to flatten the curve.  
    Stay Healthy.  Stay Safe.  Check on your loved ones and friends.  
    DON'T BE A DICKHEAD!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Uh, check your own governor’s track record of closures. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Uh, check your own governor’s track record of closures. 
    Ummmm okay wasn't trying to bash NYC but, why wait until now to close City Parks?  Let's be real here FL is not ground zero NYC is.  FL closed all the beaches (within week one or two) that were being over populated by the Spring Breaker population wanting to party here in Florida for spring break. Then he left it up to local county government.  They stepped in and began closing other beaches, parks, pubs and restaurants  as they too began getting way too much activity for the times we are in. Let's not get into a pissing contest. I'm saying we as people need to use good judgement. The problem is unless people are forced to stay home they won't. I have not left my house in over two weeks.
    The problem I see in New York City is it is such a heavily populated area with a lot of public transportation with extremely high touch areas. This goes for any heavily populated area maybe not so much with the public transportation.  The stay-at-home initiative is not there to punish people it's to help keep them healthy and to try to slow down the spread of this disease. Period end of story.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I see a lot of people that scream "stay at home" and then turn around and they are spending time with friends or working on projects together. Not sure what the mental disconnect is. 

Also, the cruise ship people screaming for help. If you left on a cruise anytime after January 1st, you should have known better. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    Florida finally “quarantined” officially via governor, and a mayor in Georgia said he ain’t enforcing any sort of social distancing orders. People also need to remember one shopping cart, one shopper. Just cus everyone is home don’t mean everyone needs to get out of the house to go buy groceries 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @ColbyLang Agree it is ridiculous seeing a family of 5 shopping together. Several grocery stores here locally are going to a 2 person max on groups shopping (wife/husband etc).  I believe Costco is going to this also.
    We asked our Son @HuddleHouseCook (lives in his own home now) to go shop for my wife and I & for his Grandmom. He and his GF did this for us.  Family and friends helping one another is what it's about.  I think the toughest part about this entire thing is this social distancing with family and friends. We couldn't even give our son and his GF a hug and kiss.  Soon enough we can reunite with all with all our family and friends. #untiltomorrow
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014