Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Options
GrateEggspectations
GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,268
edited March 2020 in Off Topic
For any of you finding yourself spending more time at home (either by choice or because of closures), what have you been using the time for?

Household of four here and we’re all at home. Good thing I like my family. 🙂

We’re using the time to:
- play board games (just ordered many online)
- FaceTime with family
- practice instruments
- watch Netflix/Amazon Prime (currently watching “The Last Kindom” sans kidlets)
- cook
- goof off

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    We went camping this weekend but not to social distance. It was planned weeks back.

Wife and I are both at work and daycare is still open although IT is going to our house to install a computer and a phone line for my wife so she can work for home. Working in a lab, I don't get that option.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm still working.  For now.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Retired, and don't play well with most of today's folks, so nothing new for me for me to stay around the house.  I have 60 acres in the country in a rural area so I have plenty to keep me occupied.  We will get through this...
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Office strongly encouraged to work from home starting today til further notice. 

IDK how people manage this outside of a public health emergency. Time for a protocol for personal hygiene!  Jammies and showerless at 11 am is no way to live a life! (Or maybe it’s is!)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    So does WV have any cases yet? Why are they exempt?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Austria is banning gatherings of more than 5.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Austria is banning gatherings of more than 5.
    Does a family of 8 like mine need to separate? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    I've seen Frozen I and II, Lion King animated and live action, Aladdin animated and live action, Zootopia, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, Little Mermaid, Moana, Tangled, and who knows what else. Many of these I have seen multiple times. I am totally screen overloaded, but it is hard to keep a 2 year old occupied, take care of a newborn, and get my work done. We did go on two walks this weekend. Haven't left the house other than the walks around the block.

My outdoor kitchen kit arrives tomorrow, so that will keep me occupied. I need it. It is hard to keep busy with my work duties. I am really looking for things to do. I get work from interactions with engineers/marketing....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I’ve been socially distancing (working from home) for 30 years. Now the rest of my
    team are working from home for 2 weeks too. I’m guessing they are never going to want to go back! 

I usually do travel quite a bit and that is off the table for a few months. 

Planning on doing some interior paint, we have new flooring coming after that and I plan on riding my Pelaton and doing some yoga to stay fit. 

And dumplings!  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just had corporate training for next week cancelled. I’m really surprised it took this long. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • speed51133
    Options
    @speed51133: Tried Mulan?
    I've never seen it. Will give it a shot. I have also never seen Pocahontas. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @speed51133: Tried Mulan?
    I've never seen it. Will give it a shot. I have also never seen Pocahontas. 
    Mulan is the clear winner between the two in our household. 
  • speed51133
    Options
    My favorite is Moana, I must say.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My wife taught montessori for years so she is keeping their school schedule the same at home while I work from home. Just looked at the 10 day forecast and 9 of the 10 are rain so it’s going to get a little crazy. I got a couple new Wii games and we have close to 100 original NES games and YouTube for the win if all else fails. It’s hard to get them to sit through a whole movie unless they are really warm out. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    The Govenor shut all schools down until at least April 6th yesterday. My oldest daughter immediately asked if she could go to the skating rink with her friends. We had to have the conversation about what social distancing means. 
    We are giving the kids a day or two to decompress and then they will have a somewhat normal schedule. Some type of learning, some outdoor yard work/chores.
    As of now, the wife is still working but will probably transition to working from home soon. I will have to go to work. Criminaling won't stop because of a virus.
    Las Vegas, NV

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    The Govenor shut all schools down until at least April 6th yesterday. My oldest daughter immediately asked if she could go to the skating rink with her friends. We had to have the conversation about what social distancing means. 
    We are giving the kids a day or two to decompress and then they will have a somewhat normal schedule. Some type of learning, some outdoor yard work/chores.
    As of now, the wife is still working but will probably transition to working from home soon. I will have to go to work. Criminaling won't stop because of a virus.
    Be safe sir.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    What line of criminaling are you in? 😉
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    At work, in an office surrounded by people.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    checked the local liquor store for tangueray stocks,  theres only 487 handles left
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,469
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Battleborn said:
    I will have to go to work. Criminaling won't stop because of a virus.
    Have you tried asking, nicely?
    https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-police-departments-ask-that-citizens-suspend-all-crime-to-prevent-coronavirus-spread

"Please do not commit any vehicle burglaries, thefts, don't do any drugs, slap your spouse, or even think about parking a vehicle on a street for more than 72 consecutive hours," Orem's officers wrote.

:lol:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    The roles are about to be reversed.
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    "Marshall law"??? LOL
    What law school did Senator Rubio attend??

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Texans fans want to socially distance their team from Bill O'Brien.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    The dog and I watched some tv then we took a nap. During said nap the charger mutated my phone.