Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Botch said:
    Mine closed a while back. Can already feel the pounds being added. Will have to give this a go. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has surged in the last 24 hours by 475 to 2,978, an increase of 19%, the biggest jump in numerical terms since the contagion came to light last month. The total number of cases in Italy, the European country hardest hit by the virus, rose to 35,713 from a previous 31,506, up 13.35%, the Civil Protection Agency said.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    MasterC said:
    chappy319 said:
    I have been social distancing since April 4, 2019. I had a bone marrow transplant that day. Thank you for everyone who is following the advice of those in charge of this. I am one of the highest risk groups. Be thankful this social distancing is short term. This has become my new normal, I accept it. I am finally strong enough to start egging again. Life is great, I am actually happier than I have ever been. Just wanted to say thanks.
    Things get better chappy, had mine in 2004 been a religious hand washer ever since. 
    This place is amazing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    Botch said:
    Mine closed a while back. Can already feel the pounds being added. Will have to give this a go. 
    I'm gonna try to remember to move down 2 feet, every morning, and eventually get my whole kitchen clean.*

*hint: as to why I live alone.  :tongue:  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have started counting my farts throughout the day. A long multi burst counts as one here. Its OK for me as i am consistent with this statistical summery.

Here is hoping that your farts don't stink, your beer remains cold and everyone stays safe out thar.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Played #2 as a single and shot 78!!  WOOOHOOOO
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    I have never been real social so distancing is easy.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    they are opening an outdoor farmers market spread out at one of the school grounds sunday, going to like that over the supermarket. they say they are going to enforce the 6 foot rule, not sure how but it just sounds better than what we have now. everything will be bagged ahead of time to reduce everyone from touching the goods. farmers markets dont usually open til june
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The smartest generation.  :|
    https://youtu.be/XkYRI48bXRw

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Reading the flood of recipes in emails from various blogs, publications, vendors, etc., and wishing they were sending recipes with ingredients that I actually have.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I have started counting my farts throughout the day. A long multi burst counts as one here. Its OK for me as i am consistent with this statistical summery.

Here is hoping that your farts don't stink, your beer remains cold and everyone stays safe out thar.
    I've been fast and loose with mine since I'm working from home...I'm a head 3 to 1.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Remember these are the same morons that were eating Tide Pods a couple years ago. 
    I was a horrible “20-something”. I still cringe thinking about it every once in a while. Sorry Mom (again). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My wife seems to have it figured out. I am working really hard also trying to keep up with things. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Remember these are the same morons that were eating Tide Pods a couple years ago. 

Funny you mention that.  I saw a friend (Oklahoma grad) leaving the Winn Dixie the other day carrying nothing but a bag of Tide Pods.  I asked her if her kids sent her out for snacks.  It took her a while to figure it out, and she wasn't amused.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I’m not social distancing because for some d@mn reason my company is making us still come in every day. They did move us farther apart. So I guess that counts. That and the traffic is non existent.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Good Lord.  We are so friggin screwed.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Lit said:
    My wife seems to have it figured out. I am working really hard also trying to keep up with things. 
    Must be nice to be able to take the kids outside during this.  It's been raining here all week.  Today is the first day we've had above 60 this year and it's raining cats and dogs.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Options
    Social distancing means keeping a floor between my kids and myself right? 
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Must be nice to be able to take the kids outside during this.  It's been raining here all week.  Today is the first day we've had above 60 this year and it's raining cats and dogs.
    It’s been raining a lot here too. I took the whole storage bin of remote controlled things out last weekend and was charging one while the next was getting used. It’s 80 and sunny right now though. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I was getting a little stir crazy sitting inside. I had to move to the garage. High 30's outside. Not terrible.

Blackstone said they're sending me a new base. I haven't fired up my 36" Blackstone since making my initial warranty claim around 8 months ago. I didn't want them to claim that it had been abused so I simply didn't use it until my warranty issue was resolved. It has been stored in the garage but the griddle top had developed some light rust. So I cleaned it up with the angle grinder and sanded it to 220 grit. I just finished up reseasoning it. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I was a horrible “20-something”. I still cringe thinking about it every once in a while. Sorry Mom (again). 
    At least I was only eating mushrooms and going to Allman Brothers concerts. 
    Yeah...I did a lot of one of those things and none of the other. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Took my son to a dermatology appt.  If you wonder if things are changing or not, walk into any medical office...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Options
    Possession of psilocybin is a felony in Florida. A friend told me 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Installed a gas fireplace.  Setting the mantel, ledge stone and TV this weekend.   Next up after that is a tile backsplash.   I’m doing my part to stimulate Home Depot....

Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lit said:
    Possession of psilocybin is a felony in Florida. A friend told me 
    That’s a good friend. 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options

Hermosa Beach CA