Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How are you spending your time “social distancing?”

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    @Lit that is a interesting looking beer for a double ipa. Looks like a hazy citra 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Lit that is a interesting looking beer for a double ipa. Looks like a hazy citra 
    It’s one of the originals and really highly rated. I’m not a huge fan but I bought 2 4 packs so I guess I have to drink it. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Lit said:
    It’s one of the originals and really highly rated. I’m not a huge fan but I bought 2 4 packs so I guess I have to drink it. 
    Pseudo Sue is awesome 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Tomorrow we’ve got to update our daughter’s homework spot to accommodate virtual school and video conferencing classes.  Right now the view over her shoulder would include the bathroom, and don’t nobody want to see me walking in and out of there at 8 in the morning.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The smartest generation.  :|
    https://youtu.be/XkYRI48bXRw
    Good Lord.  We are so friggin screwed.
    What did I just watch?  A prelude to a Trump Rally? 
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Installed a gas fireplace.  Setting the mantel, ledge stone and TV this weekend.   Next up after that is a tile backsplash.   I’m doing my part to stimulate Home Depot....

Would love to see how you mount the TV over stone.  I really would like to do that here but no idea how.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    Remember these are the same morons that were eating Tide Pods a couple years ago. 
    I was a horrible “20-something”. I still cringe thinking about it every once in a while. Sorry Mom (again). 
    At least I was only eating mushrooms and going to Allman Brothers concerts. 
    Yeah...I did a lot of one of those things and none of the other. 
    Possession of psilocybin is a felony in Florida. A friend told me 
    What’s the penalty for possession of At Fillmore East?
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Installed a gas fireplace.  Setting the mantel, ledge stone and TV this weekend.   Next up after that is a tile backsplash.   I’m doing my part to stimulate Home Depot....

Don't forget the alkali resistant mesh tape and mortar!! DO NOT use a bucket of mastic (pre-mixed "mortar"). Fun project. I am a tile buff. Feel free to ask questions if you got em.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    The outdoor BBQ kit arrives. It's been raining last two days though. 

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Good Lord.  We are so friggin screwed.
    What did I just watch?  A prelude to a Trump Rally? 
    The future of America , I fear.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Cranking this "new band needing" egg up for a spatchcock. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Course opened fairways today (were cart paths only all winter).  I played the back 9 in less than 1 hour.  Was the only one playing, so no waits on the T boxes.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Course opened fairways today (were cart paths only all winter).  I played the back 9 in less than 1 hour.  Was the only one playing, so no waits on the T boxes.
    It’s so flippin flat.  How boring.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Didn’t take long for Nola to take the bait. Hook, line and sinker. Lol.
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options

I work with people like this every day.  And then I fire them the next day.
    California
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options

I think a lot of dudes are playing with themselves right now, why not.  You can put the glove on and stroke it right in the middle of the fairway. 
    California
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I'm not a golfer, but had to reply to this; eight miles north of me:

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Just started a project.  No precise plans, but I'm pretty good with tools and have two engineering degrees, so I'm building my own bidet, based on this photograph: 

Cool thing is, I already had the raw materials, didn't need to venture out!   =)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm not a golfer, but had to reply to this; eight miles north of me:

That tree.... yikes. No Tiger Woods stinger off that tee. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Why?  Why would anybody put a tree in the middle of a perfectly good fairway?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Hoster05 said:

Don't forget the alkali resistant mesh tape and mortar!! DO NOT use a bucket of mastic (pre-mixed "mortar"). Fun project. I am a tile buff. Feel free to ask questions if you got em.
    I did use the alkali resistant tape and I’m using speedset mortar for the stone.  I’ve done misc projects and repairs in the past but this will be my first larger project!
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Please troll flag this if you have a micro-peen.  It's totally anonymous and you know who you are.
    Options
    Was told yesterday that in order to minimize contact, we would be going from working five 8 hour days to four 10 hour days. I got Sunday through Wednesday and Wednesday I am supposed to work from home. Tell me how does a chemist work from home? I run hundred thousand dollar machines that can't be moved even if you wanted to and I don't have a fume hood at my house and I sure as **** ain't bringing home some of the chemicals I work with. There's only so much paperwork I can do from home. Guess I'll be working 3 days a week.

On a positive note, I picked up a brisket yesterday for $1.50 a pound and for the first time ever my Tom Thumb had out plate ribs. I have never seen them carry those before. Guess I know what I'll be doing...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Was told yesterday that in order to minimize contact, we would be going from working five 8 hour days to four 10 hour days. I got Sunday through Wednesday and Wednesday I am supposed to work from home. Tell me how does a chemist work from home? I run hundred thousand dollar machines that can't be moved even if you wanted to and I don't have a fume hood at my house and I sure as **** ain't bringing home some of the chemicals I work with. There's only so much paperwork I can do from home. Guess I'll be working 3 days a week.

On a positive note, I picked up a brisket yesterday for $1.50 a pound and for the first time ever my Tom Thumb had out plate ribs. I have never seen them carry those before. Guess I know what I'll be doing...

What do you run?  ICPMS, GCMS, ICP, GC, HPLC?

I moved out of the lab into IT.  Rarely ever set foot in it.  Sure, I miss it, but not the exposure to chemicals and samples.
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Griffin said:

What do you run?  ICPMS, GCMS, ICP, GC, HPLC?

I moved out of the lab into IT.  Rarely ever set foot in it.  Sure, I miss it, but not the exposure to chemicals and samples.
    GC/MS EPA 624.1 and EPA 625.1
     Before that I ran ICPMS EPA 200.8

Not o mention a whole lot of other bench tests.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    I have started counting my farts throughout the day. A long multi burst counts as one here. Its OK for me as i am consistent with this statistical summery.

Here is hoping that your farts don't stink, your beer remains cold and everyone stays safe out thar.
    How much is a shart worth? Asking for a friend
  • LesMo
    LesMo Posts: 71
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Texans fans want to socially distance their team from Bill O'Brien.
    Chicago Bear fans want to distance themselves from the owners, head coach and GM.  
    Calhoun, GA - LBGE
  • LesMo
    LesMo Posts: 71
    Options
    Doing the some of the same things I would have been doing, but also some of the projects are delayed due to lack of desire to venture out and purchase the necessary materials.  We moved into a house that needs a lot of work in August and have been busy with projects there with many left to do.  I wish I would have had the foresight to stock up on bourbon.
    Calhoun, GA - LBGE