Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    HeavyG said:
    Poor Buffalo... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

P.S. - I blame @Botch - he was quite vocal last year about the problems with pages taking so long to load pix. However, now that he's retired and living a more leisurely life perhaps page load times are less important.  :)

:lol:

Yeah, I did **** a lot then, but at that time "somebody" kept adding posts with 57 pictures of shaving foam, and then 27 other people would Reply to that post, and for some reason each pic loaded separately (ie very slowly, even when it was repeated in a Reply).  That never happened on any other forum I was on; I wasn't aware the pics were so greatly re-sized.  

Mr. Buffalo, I greatly appreciated the work you did to fix that, but since I carry all the weight of a Dallas wrecking ball, if everyone wants zoomable pics again, fine by me; I'll just wait until Utard advances beyond dial-up.  :|

(oh, and for anyone using an Apple, double-tapping the trackpad with two fingers will give you a little bit of zoom) 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Maiden voyage with kick ash basket doing some raised direct chicken with big moe seasoning 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:
    I wish I could click and zoom in the photos.  I thought we used to be able to do it.
    I brought that up with the buffalo last week. I might need some more pull from other forum members to make a change. The zoom was helpful with certain posts. 

Poor Buffalo...
    Last year a handful of folks were complaining that pages with lots of pix were taking "forever" to load because the pix were all too high rez. So the Buffalo takes the time/money to rework the forum software in order to make the forum quicker for folks with low bandwidth connections.
    That move likely also saved BGE some money each month since they were storing/pumping fewer bytes from their server. So, on the surface at least, it seems like a win-win for everyone. However, there were many of us (myself included) that really liked the ability to call up the higher rez pix (just how often would folks want to see a higher rez image anyways?). Enlarging a pix using your browser controls sometimes helps but too often just creates a very pixelated image which doesn't allow tiny details to be seen.
    So does the Buffalo now respond to the pendulum swinging back to appease the few? (or is it the many???)? It is possible to initially send the low rez pix when a page loads and link each pix to a separate high rez version. Would that impact BGE's monthly expenses in running this forum? Should BGE spend more money to mod the programming of the forum software to implement that capability?

P.S. - I blame @Botch - he was quite vocal last year about the problems with pages taking so long to load pix. However, now that he's retired and living a more leisurely life perhaps page load times are less important.  :)

Because we have crummy connection speed through a jet pack some of the pics are still too slow to load for me.  That's okay, Because no one gripes about my smoke when I cook, nor can they wander over from door to help me eat.  I can also shoot in the backyard, hunt deer, turkey, or tree rats in my backyard.  Five miles from a small town, but far enough out that no one farks with us.  I just click thru the posts with high resolution  pics to the next post.  I understand why you folks use them , I do too so I can capture small details and magnify them on the computer.  I don't post my cooks, all I have is Corelle plates and stainless steel flatware.  I can't hold a candle to most pics on here, so don't try to.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    rifrench said:
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:
    I wish I could click and zoom in the photos.  I thought we used to be able to do it.
    I brought that up with the buffalo last week. I might need some more pull from other forum members to make a change. The zoom was helpful with certain posts. 

Poor Buffalo...
    Last year a handful of folks were complaining that pages with lots of pix were taking "forever" to load because the pix were all too high rez. So the Buffalo takes the time/money to rework the forum software in order to make the forum quicker for folks with low bandwidth connections.
    That move likely also saved BGE some money each month since they were storing/pumping fewer bytes from their server. So, on the surface at least, it seems like a win-win for everyone. However, there were many of us (myself included) that really liked the ability to call up the higher rez pix (just how often would folks want to see a higher rez image anyways?). Enlarging a pix using your browser controls sometimes helps but too often just creates a very pixelated image which doesn't allow tiny details to be seen.
    So does the Buffalo now respond to the pendulum swinging back to appease the few? (or is it the many???)? It is possible to initially send the low rez pix when a page loads and link each pix to a separate high rez version. Would that impact BGE's monthly expenses in running this forum? Should BGE spend more money to mod the programming of the forum software to implement that capability?

Because we have crummy connection speed through a jet pack some of the pics are still too slow to load for me.  That's okay, Because no one gripes about my smoke when I cook, nor can they wander over from door to help me eat.  I can also shoot in the backyard, hunt deer, turkey, or tree rats in my backyard.  Five miles from a small town, but far enough out that no one farks with us.  I just click thru the posts with high resolution  pics to the next post.  I understand why you folks use them , I do too so I can capture small details and magnify them on the computer.  I don't post my cooks, all I have is Corelle plates and stainless steel flatware.  I can't hold a candle to most pics on here, so don't try to.
    That's good livn. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Can't make this stuff up 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColtsFan said:
    Can't make this stuff up 

Hmmmm, I do a passable Martin Sheen in poor lighting. That's got to be good for a big mac and a C note
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited February 2020
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:

Poor Buffalo...

We could maybe pool in some money and get a "zoom/high rez" decal for their Nascar stock car if money is tight for the forum.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 685
    If you long press on a photo while on your phone and open the photo in a new tab it is zoomable. 
  • Botch
    rifrench said:
    I don't post my cooks, all I have is Corelle plates and stainless steel flatware.  I can't hold a candle to most pics on here, so don't try to. 
    You didn't mention bad lighting, so your cook pics would be better than mine; go for it, dammit!   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• At the ATL airport.  Spotted this guy at the gate.  Suffice to say his wife is NOT HAPPY:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    WeberWho said:
    Listening to a lady smack her lips while eating 3 tables away....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    WeberWho said:
    Listening to a lady smack her lips while eating 3 tables away....

I thought for a second that I might be on that old MTV show Boiling Points. It was bad. To the point that I almost felt bad for her. Another lady stopped in her tracks next to the lady smacking her lips when walking by her table. The lady muddered something under her breath than kept walking. I shouldn't judge but I wish a friend or family member would say something to help her out. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Just got home after 9 long days of training in Memphis.  I was fortunate enough to have a connection in the ATL.  Unfortunately, I was stricken with a coworker who doesn't share in my passion for Popeye's at the Atlanta airport, so we ate somewhere else.  I have to say, the leper colony is cleaning their act up.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just finished booking all the particulars for dive trip to the Texas Flower gardens this summer
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    ColtsFan said:
    Can't make this stuff up 

If it was last Sunday morning, then Ed will have looked a little jaded as he was singing happy birthday to James Blunt on stage at the Brighton Centre, Saturday night.    
    And don't overlook the fact that the Ginger Collective are all related and on a mission to rule the universe. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Pretty stoked. My sister and her man have a small farm. They just added a couple KuneKune piglets to their inventory. Grow baby grow! Bring home the bacon!

Are you familiar with this breed @Sea2Ski?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited February 2020
    Just threw on the first round of Demonstration of Capability (DOCs) samples and Detection Limit (DL) samples on our new GC/MS. Nola knows what I’m talking about. Maybe.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    I thought you were supposed to give stock tips before the big news and the market reacts?
  • Legume
    Griffin said:
    Nola knows what I’m talking about. Maybe.
    I think you just found a quote for your signature line.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    I thought you were supposed to give stock tips before the big news and the market reacts?
    reacts = past tense
    reacting = current mood

or you can sit on the sidelines.

=) 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Some neat tips - many food-related - in these posts. While I know from personal experience that some are true, I cannot vouch for all of them. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Griffin said:
    Just threw on the first round of Demonstration of Capability (DOCs) samples and Detection Limit (DL) samples on our new GC/MS. Nola knows what I’m talking about. Maybe.
    Yeah, in a previous life I operated GCs.  Now I work on a massive data warehouse where data from all over the country accumulates.  I mine it like coal.
    PL/SQL is my language, a lifetime of experience with the data is my groove.
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    reacts = past tense
    reacting = current mood

or you can sit on the sidelines.

=) 
    Sure - fast money can be made, but one can be left holding the bag, too.  Just heard that at best, vaccine goes into Phase 1 testing in 1.5 months, which means even if fast tracked (and effective), could be in use in 1.5 years.  Good luck.  Same occurred in 2009 with H1N1.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Legume
    Griffin said:
    Yeah, in a previous life I operated GCs.  Now I work on a massive data warehouse where data from all over the country accumulates.  I mine it like coal.

• Botch
    Got the new laser printer set up and connected to my home network (a feat for a techno-dummy like me).
    Then replaced my ancient Roku XD with a Roku Ultra, that took a lot longer.  I was smart enough to pull the old unit forward and grab both the HDMI and 9v power, so I could just plug them into the new unit; of course Roku had to change the 9v connector, so I had to pull the rack, pull out the vacuum, kill all the hobo spiders, and eventually get everything back in.  Then connected the Roku to the network, and loaded all the channels I use (LOTS of button pushing).  But its up and running.
    I also have an Amazoid FireTV to hook up, with jailbreaking instructions, hopefully will be able to cut the Dish cable once and for all.  But I have a headache now, save that for tomorrow.  

• Just reading about this debacle......

Don’t you just hate when you can’t finish a cook because your jewel-encrusted apron’s too heavy?