Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    I thought you were supposed to give stock tips before the big news and the market reacts?
    reacts = past tense
    reacting = current mood

or you can sit on the sidelines.

=) 
    Sure - fast money can be made, but one can be left holding the bag, too.  Just heard that at best, vaccine goes into Phase 1 testing in 1.5 months, which means even if fast tracked (and effective), could be in use in 1.5 years.  Good luck.  Same occurred in 2009 with H1N1.
    I agree, and this isn't a company I intend to hold for longer than 6-8 months depending on the mood. They are burning cash @ a rate of ~300MM a year. That being said, the shine of this diamond will not last forever.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...
    I thought you were supposed to give stock tips before the big news and the market reacts?
    reacts = past tense
    reacting = current mood

or you can sit on the sidelines.

=) 
    Sure - fast money can be made, but one can be left holding the bag, too.  Just heard that at best, vaccine goes into Phase 1 testing in 1.5 months, which means even if fast tracked (and effective), could be in use in 1.5 years.  Good luck.  Same occurred in 2009 with H1N1.
    I agree, and this isn't a company I intend to hold for longer than 6-8 months depending on the mood. They are burning cash @ a rate of ~300MM a year. That being said, the shine of this diamond will not last forever.
    I’ll confess, I got stuck in an H1N1 play in 2009 - big ole bag I was left holding.  Good luck!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Watching the news - got a trip to Saudi Arabia and Dubai next week.  Never thought I'd have to factor in a worldwide epidemic into my plans.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Some exciting news for the family this week. 

https://www.newsweek.com/flash-gordon-original-comic-alex-raymond-auction-1489247

SWMBO's grandfather. This piece has been missing for a long time.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Pretty stoked. My sister and her man have a small farm. They just added a couple KuneKune piglets to their inventory. Grow baby grow! Bring home the bacon!

Are you familiar with this breed @Sea2Ski?
    ColtsFan@coltsfan yes. We bred a Idaho pasture pig with one.  They are a great pig for the pasture, but very slow growing. That is why we mixed our Idaho with one. It is a common practice to mix the two. 
    The Idaho:

You should have good eats if they feed them correctly. If left to just graze, the meat will be lean and they will take a loooong time to get full size.  Great breed choice though. 

This breed is so friendly and smart, it will act almost like a dog if they get to know you well.  Our Idaho is similar. We can call her and she comes running, and even let her out of the pen, she will follow us 90% of the time.  100% if we have some food. I hear purebred KuneKune are even more so. 
    Thanks for the info, Mark!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Pretty stoked. My sister and her man have a small farm. They just added a couple KuneKune piglets to their inventory. Grow baby grow! Bring home the bacon!

Are you familiar with this breed @Sea2Ski?
    ColtsFan@coltsfan yes. We bred a Idaho pasture pig with one.  They are a great pig for the pasture, but very slow growing. That is why we mixed our Idaho with one. It is a common practice to mix the two. 
    The Idaho:

You should have good eats if they feed them correctly. If left to just graze, the meat will be lean and they will take a loooong time to get full size.  Great breed choice though. 

This breed is so friendly and smart, it will act almost like a dog if they get to know you well.  Our Idaho is similar. We can call her and she comes running, and even let her out of the pen, she will follow us 90% of the time.  100% if we have some food. I hear purebred KuneKune are even more so. 

Does make it any harder to?????.....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Been doing some extensive coordinating. But I think I got it figured out.  Booked an Eider hunt in Maine for this upcoming season...and on the way back home, going to stop at my buddy's house in Delaware and try and get my Atlantic Brant 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options

We’re heading towards the run-in now.  Liverpool are way, way clear and another 7 teams are safe already.  Norwich are sunk, but there’s 6 teams fighting over the other 2 relegation spots.   It is conceivable that after 30 games - so before Easter,  there’s very little for teams to play for.  So much for the most exciting league in the world.

We start tonight  - Norwich v Leicester.  The visitors are aiming for Champions League and a win here is necessary to support that.  Norwich have been game, but outgunned.   0-2

Saturday - lunchtime witnesses the ’M23 derby’,  El Gatwicko if you like.   Brighton v Palace - but its a rivalry not a derby.  Last week’s result took some sting out of this for Palace - but we do like to make things difficult.  Brighton have stalled in recent months, and pain me as it does - they’ll stay up.  We will finish just above them.  This could go either way,  so 1-1 feels probable. 

Bournemouth v Chelsea  - the hosts are struggling and probably don’t have the quality to get out of the dog-fight, so they are hoping West Ham, Watford and Villa continue to lose.  A precarious strategy.  Super Frank wants Europe for Chelsea next year and the transfer kitty it brings.   1-3 away win.

Newcastle v Burnley - The hosts are abject right now.  Burnley, because of the odd nature of the league this year, are just about safe and potentially in for European football.  Low scoring for sure, 0-1. Burnley make safety and the Toon experience yet more existential crisis. 

West Ham v Southampton - Big game for the Hammers.  No-one wants to be the ‘played well losers’ - but that’s the best they got out of the Liverpool match last week.  Saints’ surge has been staccato.  There will be goals.  1-2 and gloom all around the London Stadium.

Tea-time - Watford v Liverpool.  If Liverpool win (probable), they will be more points ahead of 2nd place Man City than Watford have accrued all season!    Logic says that will happen - and that will be lovely for my fantasy team and me because I don’t like the dirty Hornets.  2-0 

In the championship;  Luton v Stoke.  Despite marked improvement the Potters can’t quite pull clear of the relegation dog-fight.  Luton are bottom, but not sunk.  A win for either will be big news, let’s hope its a home win for @Eoin   2-1.

Sunday : Everton v Man Utd, home team are improving under Ancelotti, Utd are still as predictable as a buck of frogs. Very likely a close game.  Home win makes Everton safe this year and feels just about more likely, but only just.  2-1 the Toffees.

Spurs  v Wolves : Big chance for the away win here to see Wolves nudge closer and closer to Europe next year.  Spurs have stalled under Jose - who would have guessed?  1-2 and much fun along the way.

That’s your lot as Man City and Villa are distracted by the meaningless Carabao Cup.   Wishing you a splendid week-end behind a face mask and watching the stock markets plunge.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Future Curing/Ferment chambers in place ( 2) 4.4 cuft mini fridges ...temp humidity controls , heater ( went with a low wattage pad heater) humidifier and dehumidifier on order...thinking I won't need to humidify the curing chamber from all the moisture in the protien ..

getting ready to drill into these to install controls,glad I checked with thermal imaging ... gives me about 4 " on the right hand side by the door 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    breaking things
    10 ton overhead crane exploded in sparks, moved a large cast iron weld table with a smaller jib crane to setup some staging to fix the overhead and twisted the jib up good.  :o

weighed the weld table today, 4400 pounds, no wonder the 1 ton jib buckled up like a pretzel =)  got lucky, i had just rebuilt the jib for 4800 pounds, going to need a bigger hoist for it now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @lkapigian are you also putting an air exchange port? Or just open the door every day? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Sea2Ski said: This breed is so friendly and smart, it will act almost like a dog if they get to know you well.  Our Idaho is similar. We can call her and she comes running, and even let her out of the pen, she will follow us 90% of the time.  100% if we have some food. I hear purebred KuneKune are even more so. 

Does make it any harder to?????.....
    @theTrim Yes it does.  Much harder. Even if you do not want to, you notice the personality of each animal. Like people, you like some more than others.  Regardless, the whole time you have to think of them as food. We treat them very, very, very well and they have great lives.  We like to think that they have one bad day, and it is over as quick and painless for them as we know how to make it. For me it is never enjoyable to do, but it has to be done if you want meat. Wether you or someone else does it, someone has to do it. 
    Large and MiniMax

• lkapigian
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @lkapigian are you also putting an air exchange port? Or just open the door every day? 
    @Sea2Ski , a dehumidifier for the Curing Chamber....im running tests right now and don't think I'll need to add humidity for curing, only ferment chamber....but if need be, I bought 2 of everything =) ...also the 16 watt reptile heating pad works like a champ and will have no problem getting the ferment chamber in the 80's. I also have a container of water on the pad which may keep my RH up where needed without putting the humidifier in

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Looks familiar:

You will not need anything in the curing chamber. You may still need a dehumidifier during the ferment and initial drying. I know when I first hang a few lonzino’s in my full size, I need a dehumidifier on for the first several days, then I switch to a humidifier to try and keep it all at a steady 80% RH which has worked really well for me.  As you know, I have not done the sausages, but for whole muscles I would not change my procedure.

You will still want to open the door to allow “fresh” air in. Not for reasons of humidity or temperature, but to let the “stale” air out. I notice a difference If I do not do an air swap after a few days. Just something to consider.....

It is going to be fun to watch the progress on this project. 
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Bow fish are just as fun to catch as bass!
    I have to get one of those one of these days....
    Large and MiniMax

• lkapigian
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Looks familiar:

You will not need anything in the curing chamber. You may still need a dehumidifier during the ferment and initial drying. I know when I first hang a few lonzino’s in my full size, I need a dehumidifier on for the first several days, then I switch to a humidifier to try and keep it all at a steady 80% RH which has worked really well for me.  As you know, I have not done the sausages, but for whole muscles I would not change my procedure.

You will still want to open the door to allow “fresh” air in. Not for reasons of humidity or temperature, but to let the “stale” air out. I notice a difference If I do not do an air swap after a few days. Just something to consider.....

It is going to be fun to watch the progress on this project. 
    IThanks @Sea2Ski makes sense, I appreciate and value the input , I’m sure I’ll be opening the door.... right now I have the cords through the door gasket, i may leave it that way and just get some natural slow infiltration 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Mickey’s Yardbird tonight. 

That's a meaty hen!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Not looking at my portfolio.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    If this keeps on dropping I might roll a few thousand back into the market. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Mickey’s Yardbird tonight. 

That's a great looking bird right there. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I'm in the position to do the same, and really wanted to do so, four years ago when all the economists were predicting a "market adjustment", then 3 years ago when we changed administrations, but it kept going up.  This might be the correction I was waiting for.
    Unfortunately, I just retired.  I got my first "FERS" retirement payment yesterday, but no taxes taken out yet.  I turned 60 this past month so my Air Force retirement payments begin, should start in early March but again, not really sure what the tax hit will be.  Also, Social Security payments begin (a feature of FERS that I didn't learn about until two months ago) but not sure what the tax implications will be.  
    So, if the market loses 2/3rds of its value, tomorrow, I'm kinda scared to invest anything, in this state of Unknowns; four months from now would be so much better...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I play the long game (even at my age...) and if you can get in around the bottom (and no one knows just where that is) then jump in.  It may take a while to get back (took 2 1/2 years for me after the October 1987 hit- faster  in 2008)  but it comes back and there is serious money to be made.   When it no longer does that then we are all in a heap of $hit.  No broker or financial person here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Sardine pizza for this catholic chump tonight. It's been a year or more since my last pie on the egg. A nice revisit.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm in the position to do the same, and really wanted to do so, four years ago when all the economists were predicting a "market adjustment", then 3 years ago when we changed administrations, but it kept going up.  This might be the correction I was waiting for.
    Unfortunately, I just retired.  I got my first "FERS" retirement payment yesterday, but no taxes taken out yet.  I turned 60 this past month so my Air Force retirement payments begin, should start in early March but again, not really sure what the tax hit will be.  Also, Social Security payments begin (a feature of FERS that I didn't learn about until two months ago) but not sure what the tax implications will be.  
    So, if the market loses 2/3rds of its value, tomorrow, I'm kinda scared to invest anything, in this state of Unknowns; four months from now would be so much better...
    Interesting fact my parents have never invested in the market at all(both Great Depression born farm kids) . In summer of 2007 my mom told me that the stock market was too high and that she expected a recession. That September I rolled my 457 account out of the stock market and into a fixed interest account. That saved me about a full years salary. Now if I had only rolled it all back to the market by summer of 2008.