Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I can almost guarantee that no one cares but... The photo I took is from a Joy of cooking I received in 2007.  We just got the new edition of Joy of cooking for Christmas and I just looked up corned beef... guess what the new edition calls for Instacure or Prague #1
    I’ll be darned..

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Prague is a wild place. Watch out for Prague Powder 3 
    Pretty tame during my visit. Maybe I was in the wrong part of town. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Prague is a wild place. Watch out for Prague Powder 3 
    Works on crabs.
    Prague is a wild place. Watch out for Prague Powder 3 
    I guess so. Prague and Berlin are the party capitals of Europe. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Gus‘ World Famous Fried Chicken 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    thetrim said:

You didn't get the fried green tomatoes?  Those are to die for too. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    thetrim said:

You didn't get the fried green tomatoes?  Those are to die for too. 
    Never mind that, what’s going on with that apostrophe? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    thetrim said:

Neeeever heard of it.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim said:

Is that the one in Austin?  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    @SonVolt - that is quite a cook, documentation and finish.  Congrats across the board.  Looks incredible.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I could get on board with that!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    that plated pic is insane
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    I did a thing this morning.

Remember the old plastic wrap commercials, "Don't Get Mad, Get Glad!"?  At that time they made their film wrap just a bit thicker than the other brands, and it was much easier to work with.  Well, the 1%ers at Glad Must Have More Moneyyyy so they made it thinner, and I've struggled with the damn stuff since.

The folks at ATK did a test of film wraps/dispensers, and the ones with a sliding cutter, external to the box, won out (as opposed to a metal serrated edge).  I bought one from Amazoid, and it works much easier (the film is still too thin, but what can you do?)  The other issue I have is, there often isn't enough clear counter space to pull out a sheet easily (I'm a slob, and have a small kitchen).  

Bulb flickered on, and I bought a pair of 2" 90º metal shelf brackets, and mounted them to my cupboard door, on the inside.  Then put a blob of silicone glue on the horizontal part of each bracket, and set the dispenser on them, on its side (this project did NOT take an hour and 45 minutes! :blush: ):

The roll can be replaced just by pulling the "top" (surface with the slot, and the cutter) straight out.  I can also pull up to 3' of wrap out without worrying about knocking anything over, and my work area is directly below so shouldn't be wrestling with the wrap too badly.  FWIW.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    thetrim said:

I am headed to Memphis tomorrow? You still around tomorrow evening for dinner?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @SonVolt that cook was deserving of its own thread so the ones who don't read this one can enjoy it as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Botch said:
    I did a thing this morning.

Remember the old plastic wrap commercials, "Don't Get Mad, Get Glad!"?  At that time they made their film wrap just a bit thicker than the other brands, and it was much easier to work with.  Well, the 1%ers at Glad Must Have More Moneyyyy so they made it thinner, and I've struggled with the damn stuff since.

The folks at ATK did a test of film wraps/dispensers, and the ones with a sliding cutter, external to the box, won out (as opposed to a metal serrated edge).  I bought one from Amazoid, and it works much easier (the film is still too thin, but what can you do?)  The other issue I have is, there often isn't enough clear counter space to pull out a sheet easily (I'm a slob, and have a small kitchen).  

Bulb flickered on, and I bought a pair of 2" 90º metal shelf brackets, and mounted them to my cupboard door, on the inside.  Then put a blob of silicone glue on the horizontal part of each bracket, and set the dispenser on them, on its side (this project did NOT take an hour and 45 minutes! :blush: ):

The roll can be replaced just by pulling the "top" (surface with the slot, and the cutter) straight out.  I can also pull up to 3' of wrap out without worrying about knocking anything over, and my work area is directly below so shouldn't be wrestling with the wrap too badly.  FWIW.  S
    Switch to Kirkland brand plastic wrap and never look back. Includes sliding cutter right on the box. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    ive taking to pulling the cling wrap over the dish, then cutting it with a knife. i dont like either style cutter
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    SonVolt said:
    Switch to Kirkland brand plastic wrap and never look back. Includes sliding cutter right on the box. 

Aha!  That's the brand that won, but I couldn't find it in stores here nor on Amazon (I don't have a Costco membership anymore).  Thanks @SonVolt, that fills in the missing piece.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Take the cling wrap roll out of the box. It’s a lot easier to stretch and get to adhere. Tear or use scissors to cut after it is applied. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I hate friggin cling wrap regardless of who makes it.  Serious first world problem for sure  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    I hate friggin cling wrap regardless of who makes it.  Serious first world problem for sure  =)
    wrap GIF
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited February 2020
    If you have granite counters, just pull out what you need and stick it down flat against the counter - it should stick to the granite with deformation. Kirkland's box makes this even easier. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    lousubcap said:

Image result for person wrapped in saran wrap gif

The roll can be replaced just by pulling the "top" (surface with the slot, and the cutter) straight out.  I can also pull up to 3' of wrap out without worrying about knocking anything over, and my work area is directly below so shouldn't be wrestling with the wrap too badly.  FWIW.  
    Way to use those engineering skills.
  • nolaegghead
    Botch prototyped it in Solidworks...