Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Congrats @DMW.  I'm sure you will enjoy the new challenges.  Gotta be a great feeling of relief.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Congrats @DMW. Thanks for sharing, job transitions are so stressful, whether or not you know it your story helps those of us who are facing our own career crisis. Very glad you are headed where you want to be. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Congrats, @DMW !  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    The timer in my toaster oven broke this morning.  The good news: the batteries in my smoke detector are still good.   ;) 
    So, I'm on the market for a new toaster oven; any suggestions?  It WILL have an electronic timer, not a cheep spring-powered job as on my dead one.  

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @Botch Dualit are not a cheap option, but they last for ever and you can buy all of the spare parts as well.  It's not electronic, but it is a quality item.  We got fed up of replacing broken toasters, got one of these classic toasters in the 4 slice version and over 15 years leter it still works EXACTLY as it did on day 1.  This has toasted for a family with 5 kids, so heavy use every day, never needed repairing.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Botch said:
    The timer in my toaster oven broke this morning.  The good news: the batteries in my smoke detector are still good.   ;) 
    So, I'm on the market for a new toaster oven; any suggestions?  It WILL have an electronic timer, not a cheep spring-powered job as on my dead one.  
    We have a Breville. Not cheap either, works great. Use it more than our actual oven
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I imagine a lot of cars are invisible to people driving full size pick up trucks. The bonnet line seems higher than a normal car's roof.

I feel invisible when I am driving my 2003 Subaru Forester, not so much in my 1992 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 !
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Watching the DC Defenders against the NY Guardians. (that's XFL for you not in the loop)  Don't recognize a single name.  Can't say I'm a fan yet...just seems wrong to be playing football in Feb/March/April.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Watching the DC Defenders against the NY Guardians. (that's XFL for you not in the loop)  Don't recognize a single name.  Can't say I'm a fan yet...just seems wrong to be playing football in Feb/March/April.
    Cardale Jones, QB for DC, quarterbacked Ohio State to a national championship a few years back 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    We have a Breville. Not cheap either, works great. Use it more than our actual oven
    I've gone thru a few comparison videos on EweTube, and Breville and Cuisinart seem to be the brands to get.  I do need a full toaster oven, not just a toaster, as the broiler in my in-wall oven is worthless (and I love nachos!)  
    My existing oven was a Black & Decker I grabbed for $40 a few Black Fridays ago; I used it enough to justify paying for a Breville.  
    Thanks guys!  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Botch I would loved to have seen that. I get into those kinds of predicaments all the time. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Botch - dude I just about died laughing reading that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Stupid idiot at the game sitting behind me: "He has 3 fouls now, that's almost 5."

Just one of the many gems he spouted off during the game.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats @DMW.  That's great news.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Oyster and shrimp poboys and fried okra at the Westwego seafood market
    Very Cool Carey
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Totally bummed to hear that the Buffalo is against CO2 reduction.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Brunswick stew. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Stupid idiot at the game sitting behind me: "He has 3 fouls now, that's almost 5."

Just one of the many gems he spouted off during the game.