Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    This recipe had me cooking at 475 in a dutch oven, preheated. 30 minutes lid on, 20 minutes lid off. 

Second loaf was cut this morning, tighter crumb somewhat but still very moist. Whatever, I made a sandwich with it. 

Is there a better way to store this bread than plastic bags? I know it wont keep too long since no preservatives, but the bag makes it all soggy 
    Cool fully on a rack, then wrap in greaseproof paper. You can bag later once the bread has dried out a little if needed.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Happy Burfday John. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    thetrim said:
    Looking for ideas for a Memphis trip next week?

I'm already a fan of Central BBQ and will make more than one trip there.
    I'll also hit Rendevous.
    Is Gus' Fried Chicken amazing?

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.  I'll have more than a couple days there.
    Pearl's Oyster House and The Majestic are/were two of my favorite spots when I lived there.  If you can, breakfast at The Arcade is a must.  If you need a late night munchie go down to Earnestine and Hazel's to get a burger.  If it's Friday or Saturday night try and make your way upstairs.  Lots of history up there.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Happy Birthday @ColtsFan
    I am hoping you have many more.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2020
    @ColtsFan hApPy BirThDaY and a raised glass to you sir! 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Happy Birthday John!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Happy birthday @ColtsFan
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Happy Birthday @ColtsFan
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Hope you have a great day @ColtsFan
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Sitting in an exam room, waiting for a doc. 54 years old, with an ear infection!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    celebrating...

Finally this ship came in...LOL

"Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint. A U.S. District judge ruled in favor of Sprint's $26 billion deal to merge with T-Mobile. The ruling clears one of the final hurdles for the deal, which still can't close until the California Public Utilities Commission approves the transaction.2 hours ago"
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• I will probably never forgive sprint for killing Nextel 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    billt01 said:
    celebrating...

Finally this ship came in...LOL

"Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint. A U.S. District judge ruled in favor of Sprint's $26 billion deal to merge with T-Mobile. The ruling clears one of the final hurdles for the deal, which still can't close until the California Public Utilities Commission approves the transaction.2 hours ago"
    Bet they make you buy a new phone.   ;)

Chuckle of the Day.

https://www.facebook.com/HoodAddict/videos/234352930911350/

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    thetrim said:
    Setting a reminder for Thursday for RATM tix in Phoenix.  Can wait to wear some MAGA gear and recruit some new folks into the Republican party.
    Run The Jewels is touring with them.  Should be an amazing show!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    @ColtsFan Happy Birthday.. 

I’d much rather have your game controller at my desk than the Bloomberg keyboard I have. 
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Just got home from ER after having a gallbladder attack. Three days in a row I had abdominal pain after eating. I never thought much about it, because when the pain went away I was perfectly fine. Then today I ate a hamburger (#4 with cheese, onions and hickory sauce from Bud's Broiler). One hour later VERY SEVERE pain and nausea that I couldn't ignore. The surgeon suggest that I have my gallbladder removed. Good news is it not an emergency at this time. When the time comes it can be done as an outpatient procedure ERCP. No big deal. I just don't want another attack before they remove it. I'm now on a bland diet until the surgeon sees me two weeks from now.
    No crawfish, fried seafood, chargrilled oysters and no fatty meats. Looks like my BGE's will be taking a rest for a while.
    The pain was really intense, I will do anything to avoid triggering another attack.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @TigerTony glad to hear it was not anything more serious.  Hope all goes well and you have a swift recovery.  You will make it through this! 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    TigerTony said:
    Just got home from ER after having a gallbladder attack. Three days in a row I had abdominal pain after eating. I never thought much about it, because when the pain went away I was perfectly fine. Then today I ate a hamburger (#4 with cheese, onions and hickory sauce from Bud's Broiler). One hour later VERY SEVERE pain and nausea that I couldn't ignore. The surgeon suggest that I have my gallbladder removed. Good news is it not an emergency at this time. When the time comes it can be done as an outpatient procedure ERCP. No big deal. I just don't want another attack before they remove it. I'm now on a bland diet until the surgeon sees me two weeks from now.
    No crawfish, fried seafood, chargrilled oysters and no fatty meats. Looks like my BGE's will be taking a rest for a while.
    The pain was really intense, I will do anything to avoid triggering another attack.

Wife did hers about a year ago. Definite dietary changes, but soooo much better than she was. Had it done laparoscopic. Recovery was smooth, but not all peas and carrots
  • thetrim

Wondering if @SGH might give up life on the Gulf for a life in space.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Happy birthday @ColtsFan!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    The Golden Retriever was robbed I say.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    In deep thought about starting a Homeland marathon.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    So since I'm currently unemployed, my wife and I took advantage of $6.75 movie tickets at a local theater and saw "Just Mercy" today.
    https://justmercy.eji.org/

I was already against the death penalty, and I wasn't emotionally prepared for the unjustness and racism that pervades our criminal justice system.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    edited February 2020
    Unfortunate to see Nick Brody manning a gas grill 48 minutes into Episode 1
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Tomahawks 4Life!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95