Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Well today I finished Christmas shopping, I guess I could procrastinate on the wrapping process. I also received my first Barbecue Box shipment. Already ate the jerky. The rub and Cleveland style sauce will be perfect for the pork loin request that I got for Christmas Eve. There was also a metal box with holes that I guess I am supposed to stuff the pecan chips into.
    Had breakfast with my former coworkers. One of them volunteered his pickup truck for when I buy the new large Egg in 2020.
    You didn't order a gerbil or something, right?   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

mmmKay, I might get banninated and go to h*ll for this, but there was a previous dust-up about southerners here, and I shouldn't pick at the scab, but this appeared on my EweTube and I laughed.  (plus I grew up in South....  Dakota, so I can poke fun at myself)

https://youtu.be/swtJkovAP_k

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Botch said:
    Well today I finished Christmas shopping, I guess I could procrastinate on the wrapping process. I also received my first Barbecue Box shipment. Already ate the jerky. The rub and Cleveland style sauce will be perfect for the pork loin request that I got for Christmas Eve. There was also a metal box with holes that I guess I am supposed to stuff the pecan chips into.
    Had breakfast with my former coworkers. One of them volunteered his pickup truck for when I buy the new large Egg in 2020.
    You didn't order a gerbil or something, right?   =)
    They would come from a different company and be delivered in an unmarked box. Or so I've heard.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Botch said:

mmmKay, I might get banninated and go to h*ll for this, but there was a previous dust-up about southerners here, and I shouldn't pick at the scab, but this appeared on my EweTube and I laughed.  (plus I grew up in South....  Dakota, so I can poke fun at myself)

https://youtu.be/swtJkovAP_k
    Plenty of other stuff you can post up if you really want to get banninated @Botch =)
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    @lousubcap have a look at this programme, all about Argentina. At 41:20 there is the best looking Argentinian grill with a centre basket to burn the wood and a grill each side that you can rake the coals under.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Zz_mNXnOg
    Thats decided.  When I grow up I will be a truck driver in Argentina.
    Alternatively, when I win the lottery I will design my outdoor kitchen to include one of these https://bbqpitboys.com/santa-maria-grills/ 
    and will eat only Chuleton. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    @lousubcap have a look at this programme, all about Argentina. At 41:20 there is the best looking Argentinian grill with a centre basket to burn the wood and a grill each side that you can rake the coals under.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Zz_mNXnOg
    Thats decided.  When I grow up I will be a truck driver in Argentina.
    Alternatively, when I win the lottery I will design my outdoor kitchen to include one of these https://bbqpitboys.com/santa-maria-grills/ 
    and will eat only Chuleton. 
    I looked up the translation of Chuleton and it has an alternate meaning.  I'll assume you meant the first one, i.e. large or T-bone steak 'cause the second meaning is problematic in terms of cooking on a grill, lol.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    In the air heading to Rome.
    Have fun Ron. My family and I went there several years ago for Christmas. It's beautiful there this time of year. If you can make it to a Christmas Eve service at the Vatican I highly recommend it. We sat outside and it was still an unbelievable experience. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    In the air heading to Rome.
    Have fun Ron. My family and I went there several years ago for Christmas. It's beautiful there this time of year. If you can make it to a Christmas Eve service at the Vatican I highly recommend it. We sat outside and it was still an unbelievable experience. 
    That is the plan. There is a small chance we may be inside, due to some connections we have with the embassy.

Thank you for the well wishes and insight.

Hope your Holiday season is wonderful.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Also, photo of said goose:

Nice!  You look like your dressed for 20 degree weather but I'm gonna guess it was only in the 50s?lol. 
    Most of the hunts were 40s-50s... This was actually a goose from last season, the day before the season closed in January. Looked at my notes 31 degrees was the temp during the hunt. But you are right! I normally wear too much but those boat rides are cold haha.
    LBGE
    AL
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Wife and daughter are out shopping. I am soaking in the hot tub, sipping Tito‘s.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    Wife and daughter are out shopping. I am soaking in the hot tub, sipping Tito‘s.

Don’t pull a Whitney...
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Nah, always the first libation of the evening, and it’s too darned cold to go get a refill - 25 degrees.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Getting photo bombed by the duck dog
    slow day...so we had some fun
    Where’s Duckdogs camo?
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Nah, always the first libation of the evening, and it’s too darned cold to go get a refill - 25 degrees.
    Bring the bottle out there. Rookie mistake 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JohnEggGio
    Options
    Bring the bottle out there. Rookie mistake 
    Ha!  Good call!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
    Thanks for the buzz kill...  This feels different.  Flacco was never the leader that Lamar is at 22.  Flacco got his money and any competitive fire he had was extinguished.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Thanks for the buzz kill...  This feels different.  Flacco was never the leader that Lamar is at 22.  Flacco got his money and any competitive fire he had was extinguished.
    You’re welcome. 

Sincerely, 
    A Steelers Fan
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    You’re welcome. 

Sincerely, 
    A Steelers Fan
    What happened today?  We look forward to knocking you out of the playoffs next week.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE