Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

1180118021804180618072336

Comments

  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,853
    Well today I finished Christmas shopping, I guess I could procrastinate on the wrapping process. I also received my first Barbecue Box shipment. Already ate the jerky. The rub and Cleveland style sauce will be perfect for the pork loin request that I got for Christmas Eve. There was also a metal box with holes that I guess I am supposed to stuff the pecan chips into.
    Had breakfast with my former coworkers. One of them volunteered his pickup truck for when I buy the new large Egg in 2020.
    You didn't order a gerbil or something, right?   =)
    ____________________________________________
    "When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent."
      - Isaac Asimov  
            
  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,853

    mmmKay, I might get banninated and go to h*ll for this, but there was a previous dust-up about southerners here, and I shouldn't pick at the scab, but this appeared on my EweTube and I laughed.  (plus I grew up in South....  Dakota, so I can poke fun at myself)
     

    ____________________________________________
    "When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent."
      - Isaac Asimov  
            
  • Botch said:
    Well today I finished Christmas shopping, I guess I could procrastinate on the wrapping process. I also received my first Barbecue Box shipment. Already ate the jerky. The rub and Cleveland style sauce will be perfect for the pork loin request that I got for Christmas Eve. There was also a metal box with holes that I guess I am supposed to stuff the pecan chips into.
    Had breakfast with my former coworkers. One of them volunteered his pickup truck for when I buy the new large Egg in 2020.
    You didn't order a gerbil or something, right?   =)
    They would come from a different company and be delivered in an unmarked box. Or so I've heard.
  • EoinEoin Posts: 3,905
    edited December 2019
    Botch said:

    mmmKay, I might get banninated and go to h*ll for this, but there was a previous dust-up about southerners here, and I shouldn't pick at the scab, but this appeared on my EweTube and I laughed.  (plus I grew up in South....  Dakota, so I can poke fun at myself)
     

    Plenty of other stuff you can post up if you really want to get banninated @Botch =)
  • CPFC1905CPFC1905 Posts: 1,215
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    @lousubcap have a look at this programme, all about Argentina. At 41:20 there is the best looking Argentinian grill with a centre basket to burn the wood and a grill each side that you can rake the coals under.


    Thats decided.  When I grow up I will be a truck driver in Argentina.
    Alternatively, when I win the lottery I will design my outdoor kitchen to include one of these https://bbqpitboys.com/santa-maria-grills/ 
    and will eat only Chuleton. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • smokingalsmokingal Posts: 1,025
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    @lousubcap have a look at this programme, all about Argentina. At 41:20 there is the best looking Argentinian grill with a centre basket to burn the wood and a grill each side that you can rake the coals under.


    Thats decided.  When I grow up I will be a truck driver in Argentina.
    Alternatively, when I win the lottery I will design my outdoor kitchen to include one of these https://bbqpitboys.com/santa-maria-grills/ 
    and will eat only Chuleton. 
    I looked up the translation of Chuleton and it has an alternate meaning.  I'll assume you meant the first one, i.e. large or T-bone steak 'cause the second meaning is problematic in terms of cooking on a grill, lol.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

    http://barbecueaddict.com
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,578
    YukonRon said:
    In the air heading to Rome.
    Have fun Ron. My family and I went there several years ago for Christmas. It's beautiful there this time of year. If you can make it to a Christmas Eve service at the Vatican I highly recommend it. We sat outside and it was still an unbelievable experience. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 16,553
    YukonRon said:
    In the air heading to Rome.
    Have fun Ron. My family and I went there several years ago for Christmas. It's beautiful there this time of year. If you can make it to a Christmas Eve service at the Vatican I highly recommend it. We sat outside and it was still an unbelievable experience. 
    That is the plan. There is a small chance we may be inside, due to some connections we have with the embassy.

    Thank you for the well wishes and insight.

    Hope your Holiday season is wonderful.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

    XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 1,097
    Also, photo of said goose:


    Nice!  You look like your dressed for 20 degree weather but I'm gonna guess it was only in the 50s?lol. 
    Most of the hunts were 40s-50s... This was actually a goose from last season, the day before the season closed in January. Looked at my notes 31 degrees was the temp during the hunt. But you are right! I normally wear too much but those boat rides are cold haha.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    Wife and daughter are out shopping. I am soaking in the hot tub, sipping Tito‘s.

    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849
    Wife and daughter are out shopping. I am soaking in the hot tub, sipping Tito‘s.

    Don’t pull a Whitney...
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    @DoubleEgger Nah, always the first libation of the evening, and it’s too darned cold to go get a refill - 25 degrees.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DuckDogDr said:
    Getting photo bombed by the duck dog
    slow day...so we had some fun
    Where’s Duckdogs camo?
  • @DoubleEgger Nah, always the first libation of the evening, and it’s too darned cold to go get a refill - 25 degrees.
    Bring the bottle out there. Rookie mistake 

    2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

    Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    @DoubleEgger Nah, always the first libation of the evening, and it’s too darned cold to go get a refill - 25 degrees.
    Bring the bottle out there. Rookie mistake 
    Ha!  Good call!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
    Thanks for the buzz kill...  This feels different.  Flacco was never the leader that Lamar is at 22.  Flacco got his money and any competitive fire he had was extinguished.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
    Thanks for the buzz kill...  This feels different.  Flacco was never the leader that Lamar is at 22.  Flacco got his money and any competitive fire he had was extinguished.
    You’re welcome. 

    Sincerely, 
    A Steelers Fan
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 1,428
    Enjoying the post game show after Ravens lock down the #1seed! 😊
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Getting Lamar’s QB play for what the Ravens are paying is a steal. He’ll get $40mil/yr on the next contract and it’ll starve out other position players. Same thing happened when you had to play Flacco after the Super Bowl. Team went steadily downhill. 
    Thanks for the buzz kill...  This feels different.  Flacco was never the leader that Lamar is at 22.  Flacco got his money and any competitive fire he had was extinguished.
    You’re welcome. 

    Sincerely, 
    A Steelers Fan
    What happened today?  We look forward to knocking you out of the playoffs next week.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.