Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    @Lit
    Brother I just saw that about your wife’s accident. I certainly wish her the very best.  
    Thanks man. Just spoke to the doctor and everything went great. It’s gonna be several months of recovery and physical therapy but everything should go back to normal. 
    I cut both tendons in my index finger while in high school.  Aside from some numbness and being able to feel the stiches on the inside it has not really caused me lasting issues.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @gonepostal Great score right there.  Now, I will take the over on when you get this across the finish-line.  Recently bought a point only from here:
    https://porterroad.com  And the 5 pound cow took 10 hours at around 260-270*F on the calibrated dome.  Can finish a 10-13 lb packer in the same window.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    @lousubcap I have always lived by that. Both at work and at home.

@Ozzie_Isaac If it wasn't for the rifle I bought without permission last week, we would have pictures of a new KJ.
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Watching the last season of The Ranch. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • gonepostal
    Options
    @lousubcap i'm an idiot. Was off today and easily could have put it on earlier. Or even better could have cooked it yesterday. Lunch should be decent tomorrow...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

@Ozzie_Isaac If it wasn't for the rifle I bought without permission last week, we would have pictures of a new KJ.
     My stock response -
    1. I don't do drugs
    2. I'm not having an affair
    We're good, right? :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The internet can be an awful place, but then there are those brief moments of glory when some yahoo asks David Simon if he’s seen The Wire.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    caliking said:

My stock response -
    1. I don't do drugs
    2. I'm not having an affair
    We're good, right? :smiley:
    lol, I was about to say "body of work" justifies the occasional "gotta have it" 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Acn said:
    The internet can be an awful place, but then there are those brief moments of glory when some yahoo asks David Simon if he’s seen The Wire.

Had to google David Simon.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I am trying to decide which home project I should start on next. Always so many to choose from....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting at the hospital with SWMBO. My mom's had some health issues lately. Nothing major...she should be OK. Sucks watching your folks get old though 

Hope all goes well for you.  Spent a lot of time in march in the hospital.  It sucks.  
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sitting at the hospital with SWMBO. My mom's had some health issues lately. Nothing major...she should be OK. Sucks watching your folks get old though 

Hope all goes well for you.  Spent a lot of time in march in the hospital.  It sucks.  
    Thank you. I appreciate it 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Sorry to hear this. Hope y’all and your mom don’t have to be there much longer. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Finished mowing the lawn, and its 58º outside.  Love It!!!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that @ColtsFan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Botch said:
    Im with you brother. I did a little weed eating today and thankfully it was only 96 degrees today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    I’m working just south of you (WVC area) and today I was thinking dang it’s nice here, 68* midday, if the winters and air was better I would try to talk the wife into the northern move. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wow @Eoin that looks killer!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Tonight's tea: Chilli and a quartered chicken served with rice, home made slaw, salad and toasted home made sourdough bread.

Nice!

Over here we have a product called “bar keepers friend” that cleans those enamel coated CI up like new. Just in case you were interested. Not sure if it or something similar is available for you? Stuff is like magic. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Tonight's tea: Chilli and a quartered chicken served with rice, home made slaw, salad and toasted home made sourdough bread.

Nice!

Over here we have a product called “bar keepers friend” that cleans those enamel coated CI up like new. Just in case you were interested. Not sure if it or something similar is available for you? Stuff is like magic. 
    Yes, we have it here for cleaning the ceramic sink. I'll give the pan a go with it!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Poured a drink at the end of a crazy day...there was a boiler explosion at my daughter’s school that knocked down a chunk of the smokestack.  Thankfully everyone is fine, but some Wednesday drinks to settle our nerves.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD