Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited September 2019
    #1 in my opinion. #2 looks too busy especially in a hallway. 
  • It will eventually continue into the bathroom at the top of picture #1. Not real soon though as that bathroom is a gut job.
  • Going to look great when it’s done either way!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    #2, but rotate 45 degrees

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • #2, but rotate 45 degrees
    Good idea but probably beyond my capabilities. The hallway width is slightly wider than 3 feet.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    edited September 2019
    Number 1 in my opinion, my steam shower.... I can't admit I'm wrong  =)

Porcelain 6 inch by 12 inch tiles? It looks similar to the tile that I bought.

I might get back in touch with you. I plan to replace a shower/tub with a step in shower.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Yes though  number one isn’t placed as neatly. Number 2 will take a lots more work and planning. The hallway is a short legged L to the left of the first picture. I also have to tie into 8 doors .
    Sorry, #2 is more work, but you know it looks better!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    #2 only looks better if it flows with the rest of the design of the house. My wife is an interior designer, I know wayyyyyy too much about this kinda stuff. Nothing worse than mismatched design choices from one room to the next
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    edited September 2019
    It is a closed off ranch from 1972. No open concept available or even desirable ( the hallway walls are loadbearing). All the flooring except my bedroom needs replacing. So I can continue ceramics to both ends of the hallway.
  • shtgunal3 said:

Just picked this up. It’s needs a good bath and a few other things. It should be ready by hunting season though.
    Nice - don’t let this happen though - This belonged to a friend of mine - he got caught in the mud slides in Montecito/Santa Barbara. 
    Just remember,  alcohol and driving don't mix. He was playing around in the woods behind him. All but brand new. This guys wife/gf wasn't too happy with him. Needless to say there was a lot of screaming. Lol. It almost rolled over into the pond.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • SGH said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    I have a sign post.  Taking suggestions on what to put on it....
    Brisket Campus. Apply within as a tag line.
    Buttworks

or

No if's - all butts.

or

The Buttstop
    Aren’t those all like the bat signal for @SGH?
    Check out this sign in down town Tampico. 

When time allows I will definitely investigate farther. 
    I take it you’ve been to Kansas City?......

It's missing its tagline. "The only thing missing is U"😂
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I don't know the first thing about bikes but I found this bike on Craigslist for my wife. I snagged it for $75. Like new condition. I think I did alright. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    WeberWho said:
    I don't know the first thing about bikes but I found this bike on Craigslist for my wife. I snagged it for $75. Like new condition. I think I did alright. 

Can't go wrong for $75.
  • WeberWho
    edited September 2019
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

Can't go wrong for $75.
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think I could get out the door for twice the price for something that I know is going to be complete garbage even if I did buy new. I have a Specialized bike and have no complaints. I'd imagine an older Specialized bike will be a little nicer than a new Huffy, Kent, or Schwinn. That's about all I know. Hoping the components are descent on it. I'm only out $75 if it's a pile. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Not sure my azz would fit on that sliver of a seat.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2019
    A Kitchen faucet for the new house. They put in some cheap builder grade crap. We had to have something more professional in look, form and function.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2019
    Also got new sod put in. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    A Kitchen faucet for the new house. They put in some cheap builder grade crap. We had to have something more professional in look, form and function.

I bought something similar yesterday.  Oh, they make it look so easy to install.  My existing plumbing is so corroded I can't get it out.  I've been spraying with wd40 and "tapping it" every couple hours.  Halfway into this "simple" project and my frustration is rapidly growing.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • I have this exact one ^^^^^ you will love it!!
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • WeberWho
    TN_Egger said:

TN_Egger said:
    I completely agree. I dropped the bike off at my parents place until I pick it up this weekend. My mom even said, "Someone is supposed to sit on that?" 

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Bigger seats inhibit proper circulation. For a cruise down the waterfront,  a big granny seat is fine but you want a small saddle for any distance riding.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    kl8ton said:
    Bigger seats inhibit proper circulation. For a cruise down the waterfront,  a big granny seat is fine but you want a small saddle for any distance riding.  
    That's interesting. Thanks for the explanation. 

Minnesota
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Halo ring from Tandemkross for my Mark IV 22/45. Also got a pair of magazine base/bumper pads in the same order. Since I'm in the same state as them (and not that far either) I should [easily] have the items before end of week.
    Also ordered up some additional fittings to re-do the air distribution setup coming off my compressor. Going to simplify it. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • kl8ton said:
    I bought a specialized tarmac a year and a half ago and was surprised when they told me the same thing. I do advise a nice pair of padded shorts though  ;)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • How wide is the molding? You have some big gaps. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just got my 240 snow goose rags in

And I figured it was time for a new phone case, however I'm not happy with the one I ordered..
    It's a simply carbon fiber brand. Looks good, but offers no real drop or dustprotection ...so I'll be ordering something else when funds are free

old case

New case
  • Just got my new V3 in, decided to go with a gas gun this year. I am glad I waited on the waterfowl pro! A buddy just bought a Versa Max waterfowl pro that is really sweet, I almost bought one of those but I don’t really shoot 3 1/2s. 

LBGE
    AL
  • A tile cutter and a tile trowel.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SWMBO ordered these