Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    New tires for my Tacoma....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Legume said:
    not an aluminum tiled roof, simple 15 square job, over 39k LOL
    I told you don’t buy a roof from the Orvis catalog.
    Hah
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I lost a bid tonight (SWMBO AKA "morethangerbils", don't ask) on an articulating boom lift.  Also looking for a forklift.
    Options
    Better luck next time!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I lost a bid tonight (SWMBO AKA "morethangerbils", don't ask) on an articulating boom lift.  Also looking for a forklift.
    Get a fork lift with a cage?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    That seems a bit extravagant. Did it include new plywood decking, old material haul off, peel and stick sub roofing, and a premium color?
    the premium color would have to be 22 carat gold
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    That seems a bit extravagant. Did it include new plywood decking, old material haul off, peel and stick sub roofing, and a premium color?
    if they did all that, added 8 skylights, new gable fascia, and 8 inches hard insulation, that price would still be high
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Did you have the Rover parked in the driveway...Geeeez!!!
    no, i had my 89 rust bucket dodge in the driveway =)
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Did you have the Rover parked in the driveway...Geeeez!!!
    no, i had my 89 rust bucket dodge in the driveway =)
    Union roofers 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    A new thermostat for my home HVAC.
    We had the system off for the last 2 or so weeks because it was not needed. Then we turned it on Tue night to get rid of some humidity. Had it set to stop at 74F (house was at originally 78F)  woke up and the house was 66F!
    Turned the system off. Fiddled with it last night and nothing came on. Could not even get the circulation fan to run. 

Sent a text to my neighbor (who installed the system at 8:02 this morning. He arrived at 8:20 and he hooking up the new thermostat now.

Think I might smoke him some ribs this weekend for the extremely fast TAT. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    AC off for the past two weeks? That’s just bragging. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    AC off for the past two weeks? That’s just bragging. 
    Had the electric fireplace in the fifth wheel set to 64 overnight.  It ran.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ac has been off for 20 years here, probably time to push it out of the window =)
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    I shall laugh at all of you when the snow shovels come out...
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i dont shovel, both camps are the last house on the road. the town needs a turnaround for the trucks so they basically plow out the yard in maine, and my whole driveway at home, they even salt and sand.  last year i didnt even shovel the walkways.
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    i dont shovel, both camps are the last house on the road. the town needs a turnaround for the trucks so they basically plow out the yard in maine, and my whole driveway at home, they even salt and sand.  last year i didnt even shovel the walkways.
    You spent the majority of the winter at the car dealership if my memory serves me correctly.  ;)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Brought back a memory!  Throughout high school and college I worked in a trailer manufacturing plant in the summers/Xmas breaks; they did specialty trailers and a lot of the office trailers you see on construction sites.
    To mount the HVAC units on the front of the trailers, the forklift driver would pick up the unit (about 6' tall x 3' x 1', maybe one hundred pounds?), using the tips of the forks, and the foreman would straddle the forks and steady the unit while the forklift would lift both about 5' up, slowly drive the unit up to the front of the trailer, and the foreman would then lag-screw the unit tight.  He never fell, that I know of, but there were a lot of different injuries in that place; I was pretty lucky, just one broken bone and one painful tablesaw accident.

OSHA would've had a field day.... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• fishlessman
    Options
    You spent the majority of the winter at the car dealership if my memory serves me correctly.  ;)
    i believe it was may into june.  pretty hard to get that rover stuck in snow anways, makes no sense with those highway treads. the snow mode is crazy
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    for the fork truck, get an outside model with the bigger wheels, way more usefull,  then have your friend make an adjustable boom for it with a lift hook.  so much easier lifting and engine or whatever
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    better roof price, standing seam....15300.  have another standing seam guy coming monday and an architectural asphalt quote on the way
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Brought back a memory!  Throughout high school and college I worked in a trailer manufacturing plant in the summers/Xmas breaks; they did specialty trailers and a lot of the office trailers you see on construction sites.
    To mount the HVAC units on the front of the trailers, the forklift driver would pick up the unit (about 6' tall x 3' x 1', maybe one hundred pounds?), using the tips of the forks, and the foreman would straddle the forks and steady the unit while the forklift would lift both about 5' up, slowly drive the unit up to the front of the trailer, and the foreman would then lag-screw the unit tight.  He never fell, that I know of, but there were a lot of different injuries in that place; I was pretty lucky, just one broken bone and one painful tablesaw accident.

OSHA would've had a field day.... 
    We have corporate manslaughter laws here now. Nobody lets people do stupid stuff at work anymore, not unless they like jail time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Just bought a LBGE dome, band set and firebox.  Oh, what fun!  Replacements for a gravity induced CF yesterday.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just bought a LBGE dome, band set and firebox.  Oh, what fun!  Replacements for a gravity induced CF yesterday.   
    Some extra expensive paella!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    $384 of ceramic tile due to an overflowing HVAC inside unit. Also have a purple left pinkie fingernail from loading the boxes. 6 inch by 12 inch porcelain tiles for the hallway and eventually the bathroom at the end of the hallway. Probably going to use a running bond pattern but will be looking at other patterns. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Joule and a 26qt container since I have no f'in idea where my Anova is in storage 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Just bought a 16 oz yeti rambler so it fits the truck cupholder and a magnetic top for it and another yeti dog bowl for the new pup that is arriving here in a month.  She's a girl so she gets a pretty turquoise bowl...
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Undecided on which of the two layouts that I will use
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes though  number one isn’t placed as neatly. Number 2 will take a lots more work and planning. The hallway is a short legged L to the left of the first picture. I also have to tie into 8 doors .