Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    @thetrim yes i made the biscuits from scratch.  Mine are inconsistent and sometimes suck and are sometimes decent. Got lucky last night with some different measurements/temps and will see if i can duplicate next time...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    The good quality paint looks exactly like the crappy $8 sample paint in the sun. That's what I figured was going to happen. It's the dark color, texture, and satin finish that causing the effect. I bought a lighter gray paint and threw some up on the house. I can already tell I'm not going to like it. The gray is going to look silver in a distance. Time to throw up the white flag and stick with a color around the beige we have on the house. I know that doesn't reflect or change color and I can still use satin on it.

Since I can't paint any more today, I might as well find out why my air conditioning stopped working since last night. I can't wait to go sit in a 80 degree house. I'm afraid to even go look in the fridge to see if I have a beer left. 

Tomorrow will be better... 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Restoring backups of 4 servers from the cloud. A client managed to get a ransomware and decided to wait a few hours before notifying us. Cryptolocked 4 servers and their NAS as it chewed its way through their network.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Eoin said:
    This is last week, a trip to London for a meeting, so we met up with our daughter for lunch. I failed to snap my lunch, which was monkfish and prawn curry. Me and the creme brule in the final picture.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Felt like cooking indoors tonight...
    Meatloaf gravy 
    Biscuits 
    And plated 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited August 2019
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

After seeing the extended netting installed at many ballparks on the news lately, it kinda looks like there's Plexiglass filling in below that silver rail, is that the case?  
    If so, a lot of money spent to provide protection for only the bottom row of fans, methinks.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options
    Scenes from a Chinese Restaurant (approximately 11:10 am today, north-central Utard):
    EXPERIENCED WAITRESS:  Now write down the orders as you take them in a clockwise direction.
    NEW HIRE:  Okay, I think I got this.
    CUSTOMER:  I'd like mine with no MSG, please.
    EXPERIENCED WAITRESS:  Okay, write that down right under his order.
    NEW HIRE:  Okay.  Um, how do you spell "emessjee"?  
    EXPERIENCED WAITRESS:    

Somewhere, in the distance, a dog barked.  

:lol:

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Starting pool robot for his nightly mission
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:

Looks like it's ready to swim,up the tube in search of an Egg
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The good quality paint looks exactly like the crappy $8 sample paint in the sun. That's what I figured was going to happen. It's the dark color, texture, and satin finish that causing the effect. I bought a lighter gray paint and threw some up on the house. I can already tell I'm not going to like it. The gray is going to look silver in a distance. Time to throw up the white flag and stick with a color around the beige we have on the house. I know that doesn't reflect or change color and I can still use satin on it.

Since I can't paint any more today, I might as well find out why my air conditioning stopped working since last night. I can't wait to go sit in a 80 degree house. I'm afraid to even go look in the fridge to see if I have a beer left. 

Tomorrow will be better... 
      That is a bummer.  Crazy how the satin interacts with the wood texture to give the "rustic" look with just the right sun angle.

I imagine some hipsters would dig that look.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Preparing orientation slides for a fresh batch of PhD students in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at Duke.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    YEMTrey said:

After seeing the extended netting installed at many ballparks on the news lately, it kinda looks like there's Plexiglass filling in below that silver rail, is that the case?  
    If so, a lot of money spent to provide protection for only the bottom row of fans, methinks.  
    I suspect those are there more to prevent people from leaning too far over the railing and falling to the seats below, rather than to stop baseballs from hitting fans.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    Preparing orientation slides for a fresh batch of PhD students in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at Duke.  
    So changing the dates on last years and making a couple other edits?
    That's what they pay me the big bucks for!  
    Do you actually press the computer keys, or do you have a grad student do it for you.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So changing the dates on last years and making a couple other edits?
    That's what they pay me the big bucks for!  
    Do you actually press the computer keys, or do you have a grad student do it for you.
    Ha!  My own PhD students are the ones who do much of the real work in my research group, I'm just a manager of science in practice.  But I still do write plenty of my own code.  
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Firearms training on the range, I'm doing an armed prisoner transport course today and tomorrow. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @milesvdustin You guys turn the lights down and watch Con Air?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Hahaha that would be sweet! 

Lots of shooting, we went through about 500 rounds each today, will do at least that many tomorrow 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    just got done climbing on a city sewer pump, never seen a pump that big. just the motor is 18 feet tall. fingers crossed i dont get sick, gross
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Firearms training on the range, I'm doing an armed prisoner transport course today and tomorrow. 
    I'm against armed prisoners.  :-)  Thanks for what you do!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    almost caught a zebra finch, not gonna make it up here buddy

Image result for zebra finch baby

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    just got done climbing on a city sewer pump, never seen a pump that big. just the motor is 18 feet tall. fingers crossed i dont get sick, gross
    Out of sick days?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nursing either a stomach flu, or food poisoning. Had dinner with my lady at one of my favourite restaurants last evening and by the middle of the night, I was fully sick. Feeling a little better after the day in bed, but still getting over it. Hoping that it is food poisoning such that I won’t give it to my wife and kids (one of whom is a two month old baby). 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nursing either a stomach flu, or food poisoning. Had dinner with my lady at one of my favourite restaurants last evening and by the middle of the night, I was fully sick. Feeling a little better after the day in bed, but still getting over it. Hoping that it is food poisoning such that I won’t give it to my wife and kids (one of whom is a two month old baby). 
    Hoping for the best for you as well. You didn’t replace a city lift station pump yesterday by chance? Asking for @fishlessman. Usually hepatitis takes a bit to set in 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Hopefully fish has better luck than you did @pgprescott
    South of Columbus, Ohio.