Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I tried Costco Prime Ribeye Caps on a couple different occasions. I'm not a fan at all. I cooked them to medium rare/medium and the texture was terrible. No big loss for me.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    If you look closely, you will see that the plexiglass and the “railing” on top didn’t used to be there. It’s an add-on.

It’s a barrier that’s high enough to stop the idiots from falling while still being clear so that you can see through it to the game below.
    Gotcha!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    On my way to LA for a Yankee Dodger game ....ritial pit stop right here

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Hope everything is okay @Eoin
    We're having a lot of trouble with William's school / residential placement at the moment (our severely autistic 16 year old). Lots of lawyer stuff going on. Hard to concentrate on work sometimes, it helps to take a bit of time out.
    I hate that for you guys. I was thinking about William the other day and was hoping he was doing okay at the school. Praying that you guys can find a comfortable place for him to continue learning and progressing. Taking a stress break outside is good for the soul. 
    @Eoin , I feel for you..we have a severely autistic 19 going on 20 year old , he is starting his sophomore year in college bit it's a lot of work and strict scheduling ....i watch the movie " the accountant " and see my kid in him 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2019
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Eoin said:
    We're having a lot of trouble with William's school / residential placement at the moment (our severely autistic 16 year old). Lots of lawyer stuff going on. Hard to concentrate on work sometimes, it helps to take a bit of time out.
    I hate that for you guys. I was thinking about William the other day and was hoping he was doing okay at the school. Praying that you guys can find a comfortable place for him to continue learning and progressing. Taking a stress break outside is good for the soul. 
    @Eoin , I feel for you..we have a severely autistic 19 going on 20 year old , he is starting his sophomore year in college bit it's a lot of work and strict scheduling ....i watch the movie " the accountant " and see my kid in him 

Hopefully the "I like numbers" part and not the "I like snapping dudes kneecaps" part, Lol. My kiddo has the highest level of ADHD you can have and he has some autistic tendencies like keeping things in order, fascination with numbers,etc..

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Eoin said:

Hopefully the "I like numbers" part and not the "I like snapping dudes kneecaps" part, Lol. My kiddo has the highest level of ADHD you can have and he has some autistic tendencies like keeping things in order, fascination with numbers,etc..
    Trevor is up in that " spectrum, he's at UCLA monthly for follow ups,...i know it's a struggle, be strong 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    Pre-flight for a trip to OK.

Remove the pito tube covers =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Picked up my packet for the HHH hundred bike ride. I’m gonna be lazy and do 100K...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You are a lucky man Craig.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Very! Miss my kids @ that age and only now do I realize it.....on that note can we all just close our eyes for a moment and picture @nolaegghead at that age in one of those 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Thx, Robin.  I agree.  :)  You are as well, bud.   ;)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    .....on that note can we all just close our eyes for a moment and picture @nolaegghead at that age in one of those 
    Speaking of which, did @nolaegghead get banninated again?  Haven't seen him post in quite awhile....   :s

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Botch said:
    lkapigian said:
    .....on that note can we all just close our eyes for a moment and picture @nolaegghead at that age in one of those 
    Speaking of which, did @nolaegghead get banninated again?  Haven't seen him post in quite awhile....   :s
    He just posted on the what are you buying right now thread.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Botch said:
    lkapigian said:
    Just posted in the what are you buying now thread , had drinks with him JIC and henapple in the Bay last weekend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Taught or OG friend to use Chop Sticks 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang @Dyal_SC congrats.  Those kids are super cute.  Must've missed when they showed up, or I already can't remember it happening.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    0 for 5 on trying to get a Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich. FML
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Central Market LA Trompas

Carnitas Burrito

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Picked up my packet for the HHH hundred bike ride. I’m gonna be lazy and do 100K...
    Is that a road ride or a trail ride? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lkapigian
    Options
    Getting ready for the game 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Getting ready for the game 

Dodger game?  Be sure to arrive late and leave early  =)
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Getting stung by bees
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    Options
    On my way to the game 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Made it 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @lkapigian - Traveling in fine style right there.  On your way to quite a memorable evening. 
    Remember, "Better to be lucky than good any day."  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.