Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Memory of a Great Friend and Fellow Egger

Options

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    booksw said:
    I have been on this forum for years and one thing I have always resented about it is what a "boys club" it is.  I have a handle that doesn't make it obvious that I am a wife and mother, rather than a dude, and it used to really irritate me that Brent would always refer to me as 'brother'.  It was bad enough that I felt left out of the club, but when he just assumed I was a guy, that was preposterous to me.  That is, though, until I met him.  I was all ready with my indignant attitude- ready with a 'gotcha' and he totally disarmed me with his self deprecating humor and that 'signature smile'- so true!  Nichole good heartedly rolling her eyes in the background...  Since then I have looked forward to his calling me brother.  And he has made a point of it- with a wink and a smile.  OK now I'm crying so that's all.  Thanks @northGAcock for the message- I am happy to be a part of Brent's boys club, and oh so sad that he is gone.
    I think this may be my favorite story in this thread.  
    I remember meeting her at last years GA Mountain Eggfest, she told me about Brent thinking she was a man, great story and she was a very nice lady.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    blind99 said:
    This news is just brutal.  Brent had such a huge heart, and such a huge spirit.  I am heartbroken.

We used to chat and swap stories off line. (Writing in the past tense feels like a punch to the gut.)  We were hashing through some stuff, and he signed off once, "I appreciate you brother."  That's all I can think of him right now: he had such a positive view of life, and a kind word for those around him.  I can't imagine his family's sorrow.

Brent, when I get home I will roll smoke for you. I appreciate you.
    Yeah I’ve read back through all my pm’s with brent. Always had a kind word to sign off. I’ll miss my friend. 

Little Rock, AR

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    What a tragedy.  Prayers for his family and friends.  @bgebrent will certainly be missed by all here.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • jeffc5227
    jeffc5227 Posts: 131
    Options
    Very sorry to hear this news. Nice gesture putting him on the banner. I have not posted very often here but frequently followed this site for many years. Lots of gracious and caring people on here. RIP Brent.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Never thought this would be the last of many comments from Brent on my posts over the years, albeit on a crappy subject. I was flattered and lost for words, wish I responded  :) RIP brother Brent.
    bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    Canugghead said:
    It's Friday so what the heck. Don't laugh though  

Found myself stranded with empty roll in the w/r, fortunately someone was home and bailed me out. That got me thinking what if I was home alone and literally caught with my pants down s 

Well, where there's a will there's a way, unroll the tube and scrunch to soften it...

Actually there's another way but this is a family forum  
    Friday brilliance. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    canuckland
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm way late and just now saw this.  I'm absolutely crushed! What a huge loss to so many.  I'm sitting here in disbelief.  He was still young, full of life, and so incredibly positive.  How in the world is that taken by a fall? I'm simply crushed.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Sorry to hear this news, RIP Brent.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    I have been away from the forum for quite a while.  I come back to find this.  I never met Brent in person but he would chime in on my cooks from time to time.  He was always very positive, funny, and a virtual friend.  Sad news.  All my best to his family.  Prayers going up.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Love it Dyal...  #Signs
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thats great Craig, Brent was definitely the favorite! 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    I am definitely more of a stalker of this forum than a contributor. I’ve been visiting this page multiple times a day every day since buying my egg 4 years ago.  It’s amazing to read through these pages and see all the tributes and kind words about Brent. I never met him but I wish I had. 

Over the the course of the last 4 years this place kind of feels like family to me. The bge is a huge part of my life and this forum exemplifies the culture and the people that surround it. 

As I said I had never met Brent but sure enough I went back and looked at one of the few posts I created and there was a post from him. 

I’ve learned so much from this forum and each of you and probably Brent as I researched recipes and read posts. 

I want to be a more active contributor moving forward and hope to maybe meet some of you at next years butt blast. I live in NC so hope to make it. 

Even though Im much more of a wine and IPA guy, today I felt compelled to stop at the liquor store and pick up a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked based on this thread and all your tributes. 

Thoughts and prayers go out to Brent and his family and thank all of you for making my BGE experience all that much better since I joined!
    Where in NC do you live?
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • dgordon2nc
    dgordon2nc Posts: 100
    Options
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    👍🏻
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    I am in total disbelief; shocked and saddened by this news. My wife and I will always remember the brisket he cooked for the after party of BB3 in 2018. He was a class act! My condolences and prayers for Nicole and the rest of the family. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I want to be a more active contributor moving forward and hope to maybe meet some of you at next years butt blast. I live in NC so hope to make it. 
    @dg@dgordon2nc
    Do it and make a point to be there. Been there 3 times, and the Friday before and the weekend is set aside for it moving forward. It is a great time and keeps getting better. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Happy Birthday My Friend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sipping on a few fingers of this for you tonight, since I'm out of Woodford.

Cheers, Brent.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ****.  Didn't realize today was his birthday.  Gotta pour some brown water.  Thanks @DoubleEgger
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.