Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I think you probably know you can crop those screen shots.  🤔
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    I think you probably know you can crop those screen shots.  🤔
    Haha. Legitimately laughed at that one 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just got off work. It was 105 degrees inside the prison (old joint with no AC.) 

Just cracked a cold bud heavy with a side of evan William's. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    edited August 2019
    I saw this today and thought I would pass it along to all of you. Can’t you feel momentum building? 
    No....had dropped by Starbucks for a Peach Passion hot tea (Venti) before Weight Watchers. Where do I turn in my man card? I feel it is a warranted step I need to take....recovering it when football season kicks off. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Laughing my butt off!  Future Engineer, University of (insert loathed cross-state college here):

https://www.facebook.com/theschoolpage1/videos/706133349823190/

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
    I just found out Hominy Grill closed in Charleston several months back. I’m truly disappointed. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,529
    Yes I would eat that ....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,528
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just had to put down our dog of 15 years a few hours ago.  She’s gone through everything with us.  Such great memories were had with our little fur baby. 🤗  Rest In Peace, Sassy. ❤️

Rest in peace Sassy.. They are so part of the family,
    God bless the Dyal family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    edited August 2019
    A sad day Craig.....she loved you guys so much. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just had to put down our dog of 15 years a few hours ago.  She’s gone through everything with us.  Such great memories were had with our little fur baby. 🤗  Rest In Peace, Sassy. ❤️

Peace be with you, that last picture is precious 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    Hate to hear that @Dyal_SC. They are family. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Sorry @Dyal_SC  I know how hard it is. Hang in there....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,080
    @Dyal_SC sorry to hear...tragic. Getting ready to experience that again myself.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    @Dyal_SC So sorry to hear of your loss.  I know how hard it is.  Please do try to keep your head up.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • theyolksonyou
    My youngest son is making my oldest son a snack.  Toasted buttered Kings  Hawaiian.  Just to prove he can and his brother is lazy.  

Anyway

”where’s the butter?”

”in the fridge.”

”the land o lakes, not your good butter?”

proud dad moment. 
  • theyolksonyou
    What the wha???
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
    My biscuits tanked for a long time - then one day they started being good. Same recipe - I think you just finally learn how to handle the dough. The dough needs to be really wet and don’t overmix. You don’t want to develop any gluten. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    SciAggie said:
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
    My biscuits tanked for a long time - then one day they started being good. Same recipe - I think you just finally learn how to handle the dough. The dough needs to be really wet and don’t overmix. You don’t want to develop any gluten. 
    I can’t make my moms biscuits, but I’m damn close. The wetter the dough seems to be better.  Also, wetting your hands frequently helps in handling. 
  • DoubleEgger
    SciAggie said:
    I can never get my dough to look like local biscuit joints around here that roll them out. I quit that game a long time ago.  My grandmother never used a rolling pin. She made each biscuit by hand. She was a seamstress so her she knew how how to delicately work the dough with her fingers. No one could duplicate hers even when you
    were making biscuits right along side her doing the same thing. It was all in the fingers. 
  • DoubleEgger
    A little sporty outside tonight... 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,013
    bubbajack said:
    @Dyal_SC sorry to hear...tragic. Getting ready to experience that again myself.

Sorry to hear that @bubbajack  Been awhile since we’ve had to deal with it again ourselves.  Never easy.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    Fantasy football draft tomorrow. Already hate my team. Someone remind me why I do this? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota