Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - hopefully in addition to the brisket you grabbed some of their jalapeno cheese grits. 
    Gotta hit Valentina's and you are soooo close to Franklin's but I'm sure the line is crazy on the weekend.
    Grabbed brisket and their slaw, which was top notch.  The line at Franklin was actually not bad, maybe 50 deep outside at 11:30.  But I just had an hour for lunch. The brisket here was very very good.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Picked up a mixed case from the Maine Brewing Company tasting room

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Egging at the parental units. My plan is to feed them well since they're housing them for me 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Cheating on the diet a little today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Good idea to back up your iPhones more than every 2+ years. Uggg
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I am transitioning into LEO and definitely see a brown water escape velocity flight tonight.  The flight plan is a bit foggy right now and likely the vision will not improve this PM.  I do have a landing zone but do not yet (and may not get) have clearance for the preferred destination.  I also have a back-up plan that could get pressed into service. 
    The night is still young-lots to explore out there!
    Have a great Saturday PM!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim

That didn't work out quite as planned, did it?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Shrimp boil tonight 
    Cesar Hernandez salutes you👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:

Your intellect is nearly as quick as your posts.
  • SGH
    @gonepostal
    Brother that is some fine looking shrimp for sure. Great job ole buddy👍

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    lousubcap said:
    I am transitioning into LEO and definitely see a brown water escape velocity flight tonight.  The flight plan is a bit foggy right now and likely the vision will not improve this PM.  I do have a landing zone but do not yet (and may not get) have clearance for the preferred destination.  I also have a back-up plan that could get pressed into service. 
    The night is still young-lots to explore out there!
    Have a great Saturday PM!
    I swear to all that is holy to anyone out there; I just wish I could do a turbo like for this post.
    Safe travels 'Cap. I am very confident your destination will be found, and you will plant a flag on it and claim it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I hit the destination earlier.  Now I’m working on lift off. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    The ghost pepper ones really linger 🔥. Salt and vinegar are quite nice. Cajun has real good heat also. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:

Good to see that, unlike the teaching gig, your ability to be a condescending prick doesn’t take the summer off.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    thetrim said:.
    Good to see that, unlike the teaching gig, your ability to be a condescending prick doesn’t take the summer off.   

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

It takes one to know one, my friend.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Making Moong Dal Khichdi purée for the baby boy. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina You are way ahead with foodie points on this challenging? work week.  Glad you brought along your colleague as there is no way he will get close to that breakfast banquet in Barca. 
    Valentina's stand-alone brisket is every bit with Franklin's and I like their heavier pepper seasoning better than Franklin's ratio.  But what do I know.
    Where next?? Or do you have to play "work" starting Monday??  =)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina You are way ahead with foodie points on this challenging? work week.  Glad you brought along your colleague as there is no way he will get close to that breakfast banquet in Barca. 
    Valentina's stand-alone brisket is every bit with Franklin's and I like their heavier pepper seasoning better than Franklin's ratio.  But what do I know.

Next up is Loro for dinner tonight. I’ll be taking a few of my own PhD students and another colleague from Barcelona.
  • lousubcap
    Since you've been there you know what you have in store.  Great dinner in front of you.  Better to be lucky than good any day!  You will make your poor students even more focused to get where they can enjoy the high life. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    She rocked the sea trials and the tap test.She is now snug in her new nest. SWMBO says I can keep her.
    She will be renamed the "Honey Dorian".
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I used some of my fresh peppers yesterday to make a batch of spicy brisket chili.  It turned out fair to midland. 
    I spent  today unexpectedly in the ER with my Mom.  Everything turned out fine but I asked my sister to come in and help out tonight.  I figured I should feed her.  So I made a shrimp, corn, hot sausage , mushroom, onion and garlic steam.  I thought it was pretty good but I hadn't had breakfast or lunch, so that may be subjective.  

My dear wife doesn't like shrimp and I never turn down an excuse to light both eggs. I did a quick chicken breast strip and red taters for her.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Dog pooped finally, never thought I would be celebrating a dog turd. 

Just grabbed a case of bud heavy, bone in pork chops and Brussels sprouts in the sous vide. 

Changed spark plugs in wifes car. Got a new mtb helmet on clearance today too. Life is good. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    lousubcap said:

Next up is Loro for dinner tonight. I’ll be taking a few of my own PhD students and another colleague from Barcelona.
    I'm curious to see what you think of Loro.  I can take lots of salt but I got pickled.  
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.