Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Currently hiding under my desk hoping that HR/Grim Reaper doesn't come to my office.  25 people laid off this morning and they are about to start round 2 here in a second.  My office happens to be right next to conference room.  This sucks.  I feel like I am witnessing my own version of The Red Wedding.  (Game of Thrones) reference for those non watchers.
    Hoping for the best for you. It is a sh!tty helpless feeling. Keep us updated.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Currently hiding under my desk hoping that HR/Grim Reaper doesn't come to my office.  25 people laid off this morning and they are about to start round 2 here in a second.  My office happens to be right next to conference room.  This sucks.  I feel like I am witnessing my own version of The Red Wedding.  (Game of Thrones) reference for those non watchers.
    one door closes another one will open, hang tough 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My adult daughter told me once when i was in a similar situation........If you get mom pregnant, you can double your unemployment benefits. We had just paid for her wedding......but there is always that.

Seriously, hope all is well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 16
    Options
    Currently hiding under my desk hoping that HR/Grim Reaper doesn't come to my office.  25 people laid off this morning and they are about to start round 2 here in a second. 
    I feel your pain and wish you the very best outcome - especially if you love the job.  As a friend of ours says, "been there, done that". 

I had worked for a large electrical power company for 27 years when they decided they didn't love me anymore.  At the age of 50, they set me free ... broke my heart ... didn't know what I was going to do.

As it turns out, that layoff was the best thing that could have happened to me.  I wasn't in love with the job and had the skills and academic background to start a new career as a high school drafting teacher.

I know it is in your face right now but, over time, it will get farther away.  Again, I wish you the very best outcome.
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 16
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Right now, I am enjoying a relaxing glass of wine wth my wife.  Shortly, I will be perparing a couple of pork tenderloins for a nice low, slow smoke bath.  I'll be doing one with a rub my team developed at the NC State University BBQ Camp this weekend and one with that rub plus a stuffing of Italian sausage, wrapped in bacon, and treated to the Egg.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    That sucks @Hook_emHornsfan_74. Sounds like it’s time to freshen up that resume regardless of today’s outcome. It’s sad that I say this, but be careful today, know where the exits are, and have a plan. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Grilling some veggies.  Gassers have their place. 

Large and MiniMax

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Sea2Ski great minds think alike.  Fresh squash and zucchini into a ziplock bag with EVOO, S&P, lemon zest and juice.  Grilled then sprinkled with homemade lemon salt and Parmesan cheese.  This is a keeper!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to rig the kayak to the rider so that I can mow the damn grass. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    Yea, we did spring garlic, onions and garlic scapes.  The onions were best.   
    Large and MiniMax

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Fighting with ants in the kitchen.  All this rain is driving them inside.  I'm vigilant with insects/pests.  I treat the house every spring, am constantly monitoring the perimeter of the house, can't find where they're coming from.  This rain has been ridiculous, and is showing no signs of stopping.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Fighting with ants in the kitchen.  All this rain is driving them inside.  I'm vigilant with insects/pests.  I treat the house every spring, am constantly monitoring the perimeter of the house, can't find where they're coming from.  This rain has been ridiculous, and is showing no signs of stopping.
    Windex is an instant kill. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Same here, the little "piss ants".  Have you tried bags of peppermint tea?  I set a few out yesterday and saw a big decline.  YMMV. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lkapigian
    Options

Like !!!....
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Enjoying Seaside, FL

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Going home from a rough night of cases ...didnt have that many, but everyone was a train wreck
  • lkapigian
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My ghetto paint booth. I started painting the smoker yesterday but had to stop part way through. I was having issues with the cotton from the cotton trees float into the wet paint and sticking. The screen tent has sat idle for 8 years. I figured it needed to be used for something.

Is Hysterical !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    looking at a change in my flood ins declaration, half way thru the policy year it goes up 25 percent. 25 percent every year so far. 5k and the shag rug has never gotten wet since 1940 when the house was built SMFH
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited June 2019
    Options

1.2k unread...you boys have been busy.

Also I cooked a hot dog recently

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit - With regard to your hot dog entry- a few questions;
    1. is the Dog undersized
    2. bun oversized
    3.  Vision going south such that you can't discern red from yellow (aka Ketchup (sup) and mustard)

Since it's Friday eve I'm sure there are great explanations somewhere.  FWIW- =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

1.2k unread...you boys have been busy.

Also I cooked a hot dog recently

I’m a mustard, ketchup, onions and slaw kind of guy myself. Welcome back.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!