Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Empty those pockets

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Legume said:
    legal here as well.  not sure the south can handle it
    NC will be one of the last states to legalize it.
    Texas
    I dunno man. We sure do have a ton of California folks coming here. This state is changing rapidly. They just legalized medical use to an extent in the last month or so I believe. I give it 5-10 years depending on election results before its completely legal. **Revision 10-15years.**
    Cool.  Maybe those same California voters will vote to prohibit high capacity magazines and shjt.

No I figure they will push for The green new deal or some other BS 1st.
    Could be, I always figured it might be some kind of equal rights thing.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    legal here as well.  not sure the south can handle it
    NC will be one of the last states to legalize it.
    Texas
    I dunno man. We sure do have a ton of California folks coming here. This state is changing rapidly. They just legalized medical use to an extent in the last month or so I believe. I give it 5-10 years depending on election results before its completely legal. **Revision 10-15years.**
    Cool.  Maybe those same California voters will vote to prohibit high capacity magazines and shjt.

No I figure they will push for The green new deal or some other BS 1st.
    Could be, I always figured it might be some kind of equal rights thing.

Ya in 2019 nobody here in Texas has equal rights (sarc)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    hey hey , easy on us California Folk..........we only smoke our new green deal
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited June 2019
    Options
        lkapigian said:
    hey hey , easy on us California Folk..........we only smoke our new green deal

ha, depends on what part of California you are from :D  Visalia is in the agricultural area of California. We like you folks.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I get the importance of tackling knife crime, but I don’t get why discussions touching upon the irrefutably low rates of gun violence in the U.K. (a result of effective gun policies) keep resulting in a focus on a meager (and seemingly un noteworthy, relative to the U.S.) number of knife deaths across several threads in this forum. 

It may be surprising to some, but I just spent a good chunk of time in the U.K. and didn’t get stabbed even once. 
    It comes up because The Donald used it in a speech (I think to the NRA) equating UK knife crime / deaths with US gun crime / deaths as a means of showing that gun controls don't work because people just use knives instead.  As I said, we have a knife crime problem, but it is not remotely comparable to the numbers involved in US gun crime / deaths.
    Ah, that explains the false analogy. Say no more. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Y’all fall sleep, or run out of partisan bullshît?
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Y’all fall sleep, or run out of partisan bullshît?
    There all off somewhere waxing there vaginas!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    I feel bad for Andy - one simple post and it’s the match that reignites the forum...and someone flagged him for it.

Thank you Andy.
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options

It’s a magazine not a clip... just saying...
    Dyersburg, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    leemschu said:

It’s a magazine not a clip... just saying...
    Why couldn't he want a clip to quickly load a magazine?   I don't get it.
    Options
    We’ll probably never see him again.  Except his name suggests he’s a marine.  If true, he’s chuckling at the **** and feeling especially proud of insuring rights of folks that would call the gun he used to keep us free an object to be banned.  From law abiding citizens.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ANDY_USMC
    ANDY_USMC Posts: 33
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    We’ll probably never see him again.  Except his name suggests he’s a marine.  If true, he’s chuckling at the **** and feeling especially proud of insuring rights of folks that would call the gun he used to keep us free an object to be banned.  From law abiding citizens.
    I’m still here... just wondering how a simple pocket dump post went so far off the rails so fast... 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Because it's this place. Even lump charcoal threads get this kind of traction 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Here in the UK, we do understand the gun rights issues, the historical position and the fact that the US is a big country with a lot of wide open spaces and a hunting culture. However, we see the news and the seemingly frequent mass / school shootings, and we think to ourselves 'thank f*** that doesn't happen over here'.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    And to think, I was looking at all your wallets to see who carried what cus I’m in the market for a new one! 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ANDY_USMC said:
    bgebrent said:
    I’m still here... just wondering how a simple pocket dump post went so far off the rails so fast... 
    You know why. Especially after a mass shooting. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    And to think, I was looking at all your wallets to see who carried what cus I’m in the market for a new one! 
    I have zero complaints with my P365.  I've run 1000 rounds through it so far with no problems, easily concealable and holds 10 + 1 9mm in an impossibly tiny frame.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I have zero complaints with my P365.  I've run 1000 rounds through it so far with no problems, easily concealable and holds 10 + 1 9mm in an impossibly tiny frame.  
    Are you sure that's enough bullets to stoo an angry Texas hog that might have wandered up to Georgia?  :D
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    I’m not knocking anyone. Glock 26 here in a Crossbreed holster IWB and a Glock 27 in the truck. Come to work with me at 2:30 in the morning and then you can judge me
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    How's your hand after the range with it? That's some aggressive grip with the P365. I rented one at the range and liked it but those grips are brutal after awhile. Much different than the Shield.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited June 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    How's your hand after the range with it? That's some aggressive grip with the P365. I rented one at the range and liked it but those grips are brutal after awhile. Much different than the Shield.

I love my M&P Shield 9. That's my daily carry. Other than obviously my AR for those random Boar attacks that happen here in Dallas.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:

I love my M&P Shield 9. That's my daily carry. Other than obviously my AR for those random Boar attacks that happen here in Dallas.
    Just one AR?  Step up your game or they're gonna pull your Texas card.  Or if you are only gonna carry one, maybe at least make it a SAW.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited June 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:

Just one AR?  Step up your game or they're gonna pull your Texas card.  Or if you are only gonna carry one, maybe at least make it a SAW.
    I’m covered. It’s got a drum mag......

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bump?
    LOL
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’d forgotten about this thread, surprised it wasn’t nuked.  There are some Olympic-level burns in it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bradleya123
    Options

Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC