Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Why don’t you reply with your weekly soccer report 
    Funny you should say that.....  stand-by
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Why don’t you reply with your weekly soccer report 
    Funny you should say that.....  stand-by
    I think the proper response is “hold my beer and watch this”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    The juice is back on.  19 hours later and no heads up.  Beats messing with the generator for another day. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats, @lousubcap Just in time for Friday afternoon refreshments!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @thetrim - the generator takes care of the refreshments so that was never an issue.  But the hassle of feeding it fuel and the noise gets old.  Longest generator run I have had, and it was here in the land of KY jelly was 8+ days.  Never at a loss for cold beer or ice so all was good in that regard. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I just got this email, anyone near JFK?  
    I mean it seems legit, went in the Junk folder by accident I assume & what could possibly go wrong?  
    Post your bank account & drivers license details on here and I will reply on your behalf.  
    This time next year, we'll be millionaires. (In the words of Del Trotter - Google it or ask @Eoin )

From: Charles J. Colocino Jr. charlescolocino_@hyper.ocn.ne.jp

Subject: Assistant Inspection Director John F. Kennedy International Airport

Date: 15 March 2019 at 13:53

To:

Assistant Inspection Director

John F. Kennedy International Airport

Queens New York, 11430

United States

Hello Good Friend,

I have very vital information to give to you, but first I must have your trust before I review it to you because it may cause me my job, so I need somebody that I can trust for me to be able to review the secret to you. I am Mr. CharlesJ. Colocino Jr, head of luggage/baggage storage facilities here at the John F. Kennedy International Airport Queens New York during my search for undelivered parcels I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from Benin Republic and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a metal trunk box. The consignment wasabandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as “MONEY”rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges which is $3,800USD. On my assumption the consignment is still left in our Storage House here at the John F. Kennedy International Airport Queens New York till date. The details of the consignment including your name, your email address and the official documents from the United Nations office in Geneva are tagged on the Trunk box. However, to enable me confirm if you are the actual recipient of this consignment as the assistant director of the Inspection Unit, I will advise you provide your full information as below:

FULL NAME:

ADDRESS:

PHONE NUMBER:

NEAREST AIRPORT:

To enable me cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official documents including the name of nearest Airport around your city. Please note that this consignment is supposed to have been returned to the United StatesTreasury Department as unclaimed delivery due to the delays in concluding the clearance processes so as a result of this, I will not be able to receive your details on my official email account. So in order words to enable me cross check your details, I will advise you send the required details to my private email address for quick processing and response. Once I confirm you as the actual recipient of the trunk box, I can get everything concluded within 48hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery.

Lastly, be informed that the reason I have taken it upon myself to contact you personally about this abandoned consignment is because I want us to transact this business and share the money 70% for you and 30% for me since the consignment has not yet been returned to the United States Treasury Department after being abandoned by the diplomat so immediately the confirmation is made, I will go ahead and pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee of $3,800 dollars and arrange for the box to be delivered to your doorstep Or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble but you have to assure me of my 30% share.

I wait to hear from you urgently if you are still alive and I will appreciate if we can keep this deal confidential.

Thank you.

Mr. Charles J. Colocino Jr.Assistant Inspection Director

John F. Kennedy International Airport Queens New York, 11430 United States

Another transatlantic comedy question raised here. Have you guys in the US seen Only Fools and Horses and if you have, did you think it was funny or just incomprehensible?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    "The Land of KY Jelly"?  :confused:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Its me again,  yes - how did you guess?  Because the last time you were really impressed?
    Not my words , but Betty Boo from her 1990 smash hit single Doin the Do.  YouTube it - its a foot-stomping belter.

You might have noticed that no comment has been made about about football, so far.  This is a mark of respect for the day it died,  last Saturday…at Selhurst Park.  But let bygones be bygones and hope that the filthy Seagulls  get proper smashed at Millwall - and in fact every game ever again. 

Oddball weekend as its FA Cup 6th Round, or quarter finals if you measure it in metric. 

Those games first,  
    Saturday - the thugs of Watford will kick Wilf Zaha up in the air constantly.  I image we will have seven players sent off as a result and the ‘Hornets’ will think they are Brazil of 1970.  I am conflicted as after last Saturday I have come to the conclusion that Palace are not reciprocating my feelings for them, otherwise why did they lose? They can do what they want, as far as I am concerned  
    To coin a familiar phrase I hear around the house,  “I’m fine !”   2-1 Watford

Man City will hump about 6 past Swansea, probably before halftime.  12-0 the Citeh.

Wolves host Ole’s Utd.  Could be a zinger - probably will be.  Its a 5 goal spread I think, 3-2 Utd.

Sunday is the final match.  The vile Brighton go to the neanderthal Millwall.  All of the people on the pitch and in the crowd are not the sort to introduce to your parents.  Meh, Brighton comeback to win 2-1 after going behind early.

PL games now;
    Saturday - all at normal kick off time, 3pm (hurrah).
    Newcastle go to Bournemouth. The visitors are ****-a-hoop after storming to a 3-2 win after being 2 down last week.  However, that says more about Everton and their clown-iac goalie, Jordan Pickford.   Fun-times though:  2-2.

Reports suggest that Brendan Rodgers ego has just come in to view, in advance of Leicester's trip to Burnley tomorrow afternoon. Not gone all that well for him so far,  might not improve tomorrow as Dyche’s men need points. But frustration all around with a 1-1.

West Ham will relieve hapless Huddersfield of three points. Rudimentary 2-0.

@Eoin and his Potters chums are in draw heaven.  They loves thems all square finishes.  While they ought to beat Reading, they won’t.  About 28 blokes plus a bunch of whistle & flag enthusiasts will run forwards, sideways and backwards (these are grown men, remember) for an hour and half to no overall effect. 1-1.

Sunday - late lunch,  Liverpool go to Fulham - after a good Euro win in the week, have they still got the stamina and spark?  Maybe not, but they’ll win this 2-0.  Fulham are looking proper sunk. 

Everton, who are the lunatic fringe of mediocrity, welcome Chelsea who are full of mojo again. I reckon Sarri’s men can do it and it will be a 2-1 to them.

I need to email the guy about my consignment at JFK and eat more Hot Cross Buns.  

(Go on, YouTube Betty Boo, Doin the Doo right now)

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Image result for kentucky ky ky jellyImage result for kentucky ky ky jelly
    Options
    Botch said:
    Image result for kentucky ky ky jellyImage result for kentucky ky ky jelly
    Nothing is 'weird' as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult. I am, however, curious about what these five things are.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Traeger paid a boatload of $$$ on marketing launching their new 2.0 lines today. 

Wifi, better auger, adjustable racks, magnetic pellet dump, double smoke option. 

Now if they could just make them not need to use electricity. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Shrimp and grits...

Looks delicious.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options

Made some cream of mushroom soup with my girlfriend.

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    The wife has a headache so I guess I’ll be takin care of bidness again.
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options

Made some cream of mushroom soup with my girlfriend.

Is your girlfriend’s name Connie?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    know what KY Jelly is, I want to know where the "Land of KY Jelly" is...?

Don't mess with me, I'm a Jedi-in-Training under Obi G. Y. Ehn.  :angry:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Enjoying the sweet, sweet taste of victory.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    2 seed 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just purchased tickets and a room for the Disney trip next week. Sadly, I have a feeling that this will only be a small dent in the wallet compaired to what this trip will ultimately cost.
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    2 seconds

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    2 seconds

2 seed ****.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Traeger paid a boatload of $$$ on marketing launching their new 2.0 lines today. 

Wifi, better auger, adjustable racks, magnetic pellet dump, double smoke option. 

I'm very impressed with their smoke ovens. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited March 2019
    Options

Watching a blue bird start building a nest... Wireless camera in the box..
    BlueBirds of Asia Spa
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

I'm very impressed with their smoke ovens. 
    All the traegers I have seen feel cheap to me. If I got a pooper the Yoder 640 would be my choice. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    At the Mayor’s paint the river green in downtown Tampa