Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking and how are you preparing for the National Emergency?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Like the President, I have no idea who this lady is, but she sure seems upset!

At least when you quote someone, the word pederast is used correctly. Which public figure was it that you referred to as a pederast, but that pervert was into little girls?
    I was quoting the Big Lebowski.  My apologies for it not being a perfect reference.  Now please go back to gluing your dentures back into that socket you call a pie hole.
    The comment you made was nothing close to Walter's comment in the movie. It was not said by the guy in the movie, it was said by the Nerd in Carolina.
    I appreciate the extent to which you’re willing to dig out something in all of this, just to pick a fight with me.  I’m flattered really.  But it’s boring af.  Bye now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited February 2019
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Burger sounds like a winner-and regarding the Emergency;
    I will run submerged and undetected at least in my mind.  If I fall victim to the invasion then my shields and super powers failed and I have big issues to address.  Perhaps NORAD can track like they do Santa Claus on Dec 24th??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I just woke the wife... Said I need to get leg over... End times..... Geez and she agreed... 
    Am I reading this right that you're using the invasion as an excuse to ... get some work done, so to speak... with the wife?  
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options

=)
    I can live with that. LOL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options

=)

Sure, but why do we have to?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Legume said:

=)

You whiners always say if the ones that don't like the political threads don't like it, don't read them. Why do you read my posts? Sounds like self abuse. Are you a masochist?
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:

=)

You whiners always say if the ones that don't like the political threads don't like it, don't read them. Why do you read my posts? Sounds like self abuse. Are you a masochist?
    Me - whiner?  That’s funny.  I don’t think you can ascribe any of what you generalized above to me.  I can’t imagine anyone really likes getting characterized as an arsehole, but I get it, best defense is to say I don’t care, I can live with it, you people don’t bother me, it’s just a forum, I coulda been somebody, do you know who I am, and on and on.  It’s fine, lump everyone that doesn’t appreciate you together in one group, it’s easier to swallow that way.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Serious question. Are we testing the Buffalos’ limits? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Serious question. Are we testing the Buffalos’ limits? 
    Please no more shaving screeds, thanks.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

Me - whiner?  That’s funny.  I don’t think you can ascribe any of what you generalized above to me.  I can’t imagine anyone really likes getting characterized as an arsehole, but I get it, best defense is to say I don’t care, I can live with it, you people don’t bother me, it’s just a forum, I coulda been somebody, do you know who I am, and on and on.  It’s fine, lump everyone that doesn’t appreciate you together in one group, it’s easier to swallow that way.
    It’s the standard play if you don’t like the other person’s comment to accuse them of being a whiner, butthurt, have their panties in a wad, etc.  You get the idea.   Not terribly original but it’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks as they say.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I just watched the original Duneon the Beeb. I will just corner the spice market and drive out the Harkonens.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Wow, I just thoroughly enjoyed reading this S**t show. Keep on keepin on.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Options

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Legume said:

YOUR welcome

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

Perhaps you are correct. I have not been keeping a scorecard of who exactly has been whining. However, there are many on here who love talking politics, and when someone that does not like that mentions it, they are told to scroll past. If you do not want to read my comments, scroll on past. Many people are now unhappy because the buffalo says no more political talk. To any and all that have a problem with that, deal with it. I get a kick out of the way some people on this forum think it is their forum, not unlike the way people feel the local sports team is their team. This forum is no more yours than Kroger, Ralphs, or Publix is your supermarket. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Options
    We agree - it is the buffalo’s forum.  I think we disagree that some people think it is theirs. I can’t know what someone else thinks unless they express it, I am sure you have the same limitation.  I’ve never seen anyone make claim to it other than to say in a community-minded way, it’s all of ours, make what we want of it - if you want food posts, then post some damn food.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    We agree - it is the buffalo’s forum.  I think we disagree that some people think it is theirs. I can’t know what someone else thinks unless they express it, I am sure you have the same limitation.  I’ve never seen anyone make claim to it other than to say in a community-minded way, it’s all of ours, make what we want of it - if you want food posts, then post some damn food.
    Posting food requires one to be able to operate a camera, and, well... 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Perhaps you are correct. I have not been keeping a scorecard of who exactly has been whining. However, there are many on here who love talking politics, and when someone that does not like that mentions it, they are told to scroll past. If you do not want to read my comments, scroll on past. Many people are now unhappy because the buffalo says no more political talk. To any and all that have a problem with that, deal with it. I get a kick out of the way some people on this forum think it is their forum, not unlike the way people feel the local sports team is their team. This forum is no more yours than Kroger, Ralphs, or Publix is your supermarket. 
    When people say to scroll on past, I believe what they mean is "engaging is a choice".  In this case, you engaged.  Then didn't really seem to like the response.  

You, like them, have every right to do so.  Carry on.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

Just remember you are trying to play in THEIR sandbox Semolina. When you say something they don’t like they are gonna try and destroy you. Also remember that we are all dorks on an Internet forum about a grill. Some just feel they need to try and one up others because it makes them feel like they actually matter in this world. When in reality they don’t.

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Funny, in another thread there was whining about some flagging conspiracy.  Turns out there was no need for any tinfoil hats since it was done inadvertently by me.  If a forum spikes your blood pressure then perhaps it’s time to go for a walk.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

Just remember you are trying to play in THEIR sandbox Semolina. When you say something they don’t like they are gonna try and destroy you. Also remember that we are all dorks on an Internet forum about a grill. Some just feel they need to try and one up others because it makes them feel like they actually matter in this world. When in reality they don’t.
    Who are these "they" that you speak of?

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I raided the freezer last night to see what I could wok up in an emergency.. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

I think "they" is Q.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Funny, in another thread there was whining about some flagging conspiracy.  Turns out there was no need for any tinfoil hats since it was done inadvertently by me.  If a forum spikes your blood pressure then perhaps it’s time to go for a walk.

There was never any spike in blood pressure.
    Laugh about me wondering about that if you want, but some of them do some wacky stuff on here. Maybe you weren't here for the "I am not sherryjames" episode. The saddest thing on here was when one of the usual suspects trolled a thread honoring the heroes of Pearl Harbor. That was not underhanded or sneaky, just totally pathetic.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

We all know who I am talking about.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

=)

We all know who I am talking about.
    That's kind of like when SWMBO says "you know what you did".

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!