Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I’m done.

@Rascal @GrillSgt maybe I’ll lurk but not contribute.  

If all we have is butts and spatchcocks I’m not interested.  

Comments

• @Rascal @GrillSgt maybe I’ll lurk but not contribute.  

If all we have is butts and spatchcocks I’m not interested.  
    Peace out. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    @theyolksonyou, we still have friendship and online comradery ....relationships get boring , but plow through it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I don’t think anyone cares   And I don’t care   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    I care that Floki and Ragnor had a falling out.  That was a bad deal, their relationship ran its course and ended in torture.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I know you’re scared Jason.  We’re all a little scared.  It will pass. There will be boobs again, and name calling and bourbon in the garage.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I care that Floki and Ragnor had a falling out.  That was a bad deal, their relationship ran its course and ended in torture.
    Good series.  

You would probably also enjoy The Last Kingdom.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80074249?preventIntent=true
    Good series.  

Just finished season 3 of last kingdom this weekend.  Love that series.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    @theyolksonyou - I think I had you pegged as a fellow yellow jacket. But maybe I’m wrong. Regardless, do what you have to do and I have always appreciated your participation.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Good series.  

Will check it out.  Almost caught up on Vikings and will be looking for a show soon.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    DMW said:
    I made wings today. Lighting was terrible.

I spatchcocked a butt today and I was going to post my first pix of a cook. Lighting was fine but I fat fingered the lens of the phone. Dammit. I'll get a better pix next time.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Naturally with change, not all interests will be served. 
    I am certain others share Jason's view, on what value this forum will return to them, for their time invested.
    If their entertainment has been removed, I can understand the ongoing loss of participants, those which have brought the much needed experience, and passion, as well as the support of cooking on the egg, for years.
    Too bad. They also brought a wealth of knowledge, on a much wider landscape, than just simply cooking with a charcoal fired ceramic oven.
    They helped me. For that, I am forever grateful I found this forum and participated. 
    However I agree with Jason. Butts and spatchcocks were never the reasons for me to be here.
    It is likely my participation will not exceed Jason's, and mostly spent just lurking. That is unfortunate.
    I do not wish to become a hide hung on the wall for stepping out of bounds from the Buffalo's Manifesto.
    I am not scared. I just have better things in which to invest what little time I have left.
    Thanks everyone, it really was a lot of fun, some of the best laughs I had ever had was here.
    Good luck on your next cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    This is bull $hit. Y’all get your lazy butts (and chickens) off the lurkin couch and post post post. You can lurk all you want if you are banded. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    But whose going to tell us how much their drinking now?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent, what was the total poundage of the pictured cook? That's impressive.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Ok what did I miss?  Did the buffalo go on a rampage 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent, what was the total poundage of the pictured cook? That's impressive.
    It was 30#.  Prepping for a baby shower this weekend.  All vac sealed and ready to go. Thanks 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    What if it's a lot of butts?

That definitely deserves a Gawjus.....and a 

• northGAcock
    edited January 2019
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    I made wings today. Lighting was terrible.

A classic.....you must be taking photo lessons from the Bitterman school of picture takin. 

• Legume
    ryantt said:
    Ok what did I miss?  Did the buffalo go on a rampage 
    Not so much a rampage, but someone started a thread that was pure political trolling and he and the thread were nuked.
  • Legume
    ryantt said:
    @Legume thanks for letting me know.  I try to avoid  political stuff.....because I do not want to get booted.  I enjoy the OT stuff on hear even when I disagree with someone position.  Open dialogue with the exchange of ideas is what makes America great.  
    The post itself was obvious and kind of dumb, unfortunately some have taken it upon themselves to flag dissenting opinions under the flag of being PC or trying to do the buffalo’s job.  I think that’s the real potential loss, if the forum starts to eat itself instead of just being what it is and let the buffalo do what he do.  As far as I can tell, the buffalo has not deputized any users.
  • northGAcock
    Legume said:
    ryantt said:
    @Legume thanks for letting me know.  I try to avoid  political stuff.....because I do not want to get booted.  I enjoy the OT stuff on hear even when I disagree with someone position.  Open dialogue with the exchange of ideas is what makes America great.  
    The post itself was obvious and kind of dumb, unfortunately some have taken it upon themselves to flag dissenting opinions under the flag of being PC or trying to do the buffalo’s job.  I think that’s the real potential loss, if the forum starts to eat itself instead of just being what it is and let the buffalo do what he do.  As far as I can tell, the buffalo has not deputized any users.
    https://youtu.be/ZLsg0EvZozI

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Your are not done. At least I hope you aren't. Grillsgt asked for it. I think Rascal may have posted what he did not realizing the new stance of the Buffalo. Either way it is what it is.

We can still have fun here. It just can't get political or show girls in wet t-shirts. (I am kind of bummed about that one). There were some great gifs posted in the past. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • was there a specific wet t ban?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    was there a specific wet t ban?
    The fully clothed bouncy lass was deemed offensive so would imagine so.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • For the moment at least, I would assume that anything remotely fun controversial is susceptible to the ban hammer.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike