Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I’m done.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:
    Do want to give props to the Buffalo for the choice of avatar for banned users - makes me chuckle.

I don't like it b/c I rely on Avatars more so than screennames to know who is who. 
    How do you ever recognize @JohnInCarolina with his perpetually changing avatar then? :)
    Who?
    Who is that hippy MF-er in your avatar?!
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:
    Do want to give props to the Buffalo for the choice of avatar for banned users - makes me chuckle.

I don't like it b/c I rely on Avatars more so than screennames to know who is who. 
    How do you ever recognize @JohnInCarolina with his perpetually changing avatar then? :)
    Who?
    A young Eddie Vedder, I think.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

Who?
    Looks familiar.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

Who?
    Young Eddie’s neck game is strong. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

Who?
    Young Eddie’s neck game is strong. 
    It's not the thickest neck I've seen of late, to tell the truth.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Convict with unbelievably large neck collared by police again PHOTO
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That cat has a chromosome missing.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @paqman - Welcome back.  This place is much more on edge right now ;) 
    The Buffalo has swung the hammer.  Reverbs are still being felt; after-shocks not unlikely.  But beyond that SOSDD.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @JohnInCarolina does that mean no to any provocative sandwich pics? 
    I'm not sure.  Does a provocative sandwich pic sound like fun to you?  If so, it's probably currently banworthy.  
    Any sandwich featuring broccoli is controversial in my books. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @JohnInCarolina does that mean no to any provocative sandwich pics? 
    I'm not sure.  Does a provocative sandwich pic sound like fun to you?  If so, it's probably currently banworthy.  
    Any sandwich featuring broccoli is controversial in my books. 
    Lol. Shots fired mike. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The Buffalo has swung the hammer.  Reverbs are still being felt; after-shocks not unlikely.  But beyond that SOSDD.  FWIW-

@lousubcap What happened for the Buffalo to strike?

paqman said:
    lousubcap said:

Everything 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    paqman said:
    lousubcap said:

Everything 
    😂🤷‍♂️ I come here for entertainment, “everything” is good 😂🤷‍♂️

Options
    @paqman The Buffalo may want to create a sticky at the opening of the forum to spread the word but here is the post that provides some insights and guidance passed on from @The_Buffalo:
    "This is a placed where you can have fun and joke (within reason) always has been and always will be, but it seems that a few of you have nothing better to do than to turn it political or obscene after a night of drinking (am I wrong?) and that will not be tolerated.

If you have something OT then make sure its labeled OffTopic not the main forum. 

If you need to find good buffalo meat to grill on your next cook (yes I can take a joke) or need some advice on a purchase of a truck....I'm cool with that. Want to show us where you went on vacation or show off the grandkids...I'm cool with that too. 

What I don't want to see is anything about Trump, Hilary, the government, latest news stories that you seem to think we need to hear your comments on, gifs of chicks jumping around in t-shirts or any talk about a wall....GO FIND A FORUM FOR THAT...it is not here!

Love you guys and I mean it but some of you are taking it too far.

Get it, Got it, Good...not lets have fun together in 2019!!"
    And the entire body of work is here:
    BTW- frictionless conduit here. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

Who?
    Looks like Nola

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

Who?
    Looks like Nola
    Ha!  Yeah, I guess you’re right.  Maybe a little bit...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Censorship is a slippery slope.  So is copyright infringement.
    So is UTARD!!  That's why I live here!

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• littlerascal56
    Options
    You guys want to “play with the big boys”, sign up on the Snipers Hide forum.  I have been a member for 10 years, and they have separate forums for OT bar crowd (lots of pics), investing, politics, reloading, military, extreme long range sniping, hunting, drinking, match competition, Nothing on BBQ or grilling, which is why I hang out here!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Geesh........take a few days off and come back to this!  Wow.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    Legume said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I like this place being pretty sparse on political talk.  It dominates so much of other forums and TV it's nice having places that are free from it. 

I wouldn't mind if they made a dedicated section so you could choose to see it or not.

I know there are people I enjoy reading\conversing with on here that if we all statted talking politics we would probably have each other on ignore :) .  It's a nice reminder that poitical views aren't the only thing that matters about a person.

I hear you, but it’s never been all politics.  Sure, there were a few times when the forum went deep on it, but that tracks with real life events like the election, that time the president lied, that investigation, you get the idea.  When Watergate was happening, it was the talk, everywhere.  I agree, it can be overwhelming as it’s all around us, but it’s reflective of what is happening around us.  The forum reflects its members and what they are experiencing.  New car, new baby, cancer diagnosis, surgery, graduation, vacation, tv shows and movies, restaurants, cooking, fishing, shopping, shaving.  Ugh, shaving.

Anyway, it’s interesting because it’s people you get to know, it’s not Wikipedia for how to cook xyz.
    A few people are blowing this out of proportion like always.

"New car, new baby, cancer diagnosis, surgery, graduation, vacation, tv shows and movies, restaurants, cooking, fishing, shopping, shaving.  Ugh, shaving."

None of the above has changed. OT is not totally being banned. No one said only cooking posts from now on!
    Why act like like it was pushed to some imaginary extreme???
    This help no one.

There are so many OT topics besides politics and religion. Listening to peoples political rants does not make me better connect to that person. I just don't care who voted for who and I would much rather hear about peoples family vacations and the food they ate or even how stupid somebodies jacked up truck looks with small tires than read about political or religious views on this forum. We are bombarded with this crap by every other form of media. It's nice having it limited here.

Sorry, not trying to be hyperbolic or blow things out of proportion.  Just misunderstood, apparently.  I’ll try to put It more simply.

I was not suggesting this list of topics are banned by the forum now.  My point is simple.  This forum is a draw because we get to know people here, form bonds of a sort because people represent themselves and post on what is happening to them in their lives (this is where the list comes in).  Politics, or rather things about government and politicians that are impactful, current and happening now to all of us are topics that get mentioned...like the other things that happen to us in our lives.  Call them current events if you want.  You’re ok with truck tires but not talk of government.  That’s your line because of what has fatigued you outside of this forum.  What’s my line?  Or someone else’s?  How current actions by our government impact someone’s personal business or experience is important to them and I’m fine with it surfacing here, that’s just my opinion.  If the political mentions have increased lately, I would point to what is happening in our society as a whole, it is mirroring that to some degree.  That, is my point.

And for what it’s worth, I don’t understand the whole ‘religion and politics’ thing as I’ve never seen much here about religion.  Maybe I’ve missed those threads.

People mostly post about bbq and food and because this is a forum that tends to develop community and brotherhood, people also post on topics that impact their lives, to share with their community.

For what it's worth I had a discussion similiar to this at work a while ago.  We all agreed in the end to that otherwise very intelligent and rational people have the best chance to loose their minds and get in stupid but very personal fights when discussing religion, relationships, and politics.  No one was sure why, but we all agreed that these three topics caused more arguments and hurt feelings than any others we could think of.

I think it's great that BGE provides and maintains this forum to us at no cost.  I don't think it's too much to ask that we stay away from hot button topics.  I think it is smart from a business standpoint to not put your rep (buffalo) in a position where he can be seen as favoring on side or the other.  Moderating those discussons and determining who called who what or who baited the other guy into saying something other the line is a PIA.

We all agree we have tons of other places on the net to discuss those topics, why can't one place be free from them?

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    edited January 2019
    Options
    as much as politics has been posted here, ive never really seen anyone really really get worked up and angry about it other than the antipolitical crowd. as for religion theres one guy at 3am once or twice a year that rants and argues with himself about it,hopefully some day he finds an inner peace that comforts all his anger =) now, on a serious note, college game posts.....  :o
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited January 2019
    Options
    “We all agree we have tons of other places on the net to discuss those topics, why can't one place be free from them?“ - @MNEggerandStuff

Because some folks do value discussing a wide range of topics with the unique set of friends they’ve come to know through egging.  What is taboo for one person may not be for another.  Where do you draw the line?  I understand that this is a company website and not a public forum, but I’ve never been a fan of policing speech in any  context.  

Personally, I don’t see any reason why things like this simply couldn’t be handled by a dedicated subforum, like what the bbq brethren has set up.  Set up a kind of sandbox for hot-button topics for folks who are interested in those kind of discussions to engage in them, while allowing others to simply choose to avoid the area completely.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    “We all agree we have tons of other places on the net to discuss those topics, why can't one place be free from them?“ - @MNEggerandStuff

Because some folks do value discussing a wide range of topics with the unique set of friends they’ve come to know through egging.  What is taboo for one person may not be for another.  Where do you draw the line?  I understand that this is a company website and not a public forum, but I’ve never been a fan of policing speech in any  context.  

Personally, I don’t see any reason why things like this simply couldn’t be handled by a dedicated subforum, like what the bbq brethren has set up.  Set up a kind of sandbox for hot-button topics for folks who are interested in those kind of discussions to engage in them, while allowing others to simply choose to avoid the area completely.

imagine if the new sandbox hot button forum did not automatically send all posts front and center to the main egghead forum page =) just maybe thats not possible
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Agreed.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Legume said:

People mostly post about bbq and food and because this is a forum that tends to develop community and brotherhood, people also post on topics that impact their lives, to share with their community.
    I agree completely.
    I apologize for making my post sound like I was taking this all out on you personally.
    But if a handful of members could keep their comments and photos civil and respectful and not post for the pure pleasure of stirring the pot we would not be having this discussion right now. But for some, it brings joy to their life to cause trouble and they don't care about the new members, families and the growing number of kids that are viewing this forum. So the BGE group is now taking a small step to curve the over the top stuff. I say great, about time.
    Nothing else has changed. We can still follow our friends lives through OT posts, and continue to learn about other non BGE products. And BGE has been very good about not dumping posts even when they push other grills. Kudos to BGE. My only suggestion to BGE...it would be great if they would add a customer help section to the forum where ONLY BGE offers help to members questions/problems but everyone could view for future help.
    If not, it would be great to see the Admin/Buffalo/Moose respond to some of the members asking for product help. Even if it's just..."sorry you are having issues, I have sent you a private message with helpful information."
    Other vendors do it on this forum. Would be nice if BGE would show the same support on their own forum. Yes, I know you can email BGE directly. But having the questions posted in a special forum section might improve response time as well as help other users in the future. It would also go a long way in showing a positive presence by BGE.
    I also think BGE should change their rules and automatically add your real name to your signature line. Or at least first name and initial of last name. It would give posts a personal note as well as cut down on the Trolls and make some more accountable. Maybe...
    Thanks @Legume.  
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I like having a sandbox, opting in, and if you get out of control about it, or complain and whine excessively, you get banned from the sandbox.   Great way to eject all the triggered snowflakes who can't handle the debate but can only complain about the argument.
    Options

The BBQ Brethren site is the perfect place for such a subforum. It is not a corporate site.
    There is no reason for this BGE site to host it. There are so many other private sites to do so. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

The BBQ Brethren site is the perfect place for such a subforum. It is not a corporate site.
    There is no reason for this BGE site to host it. There are so many other private sites to do so. 
    Respectfully Darian, I think you miss a key point, which is the opportunity to discuss topics with people you've gotten to know through egging.  I certainly could join the Brethren if I wanted to, but based on what I've heard, I only know a small handful of the members there.