Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I’m done.

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    What's the current pelt count?  I only know of two (for now).
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The day is young @thetrim
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    we should start a "pelt watch" thread.

Make it sticky: Kind of a wall of shame/pelts on the wall/tribute to the fallen
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm sure that the biggest issue is this is a forum sanctioned and hosted by the brand itself.
    Correct, but the brand needs to recognize that WE are the brand. You have a collection of people here that are some of the greatest Big Green Egg cooks in the world with an abundance of knowledge in all things Big Green Egg.

What happens to the forum when those people aren't here anymore? Who will answer all the noobs questions? 

Not saying that some of the BS doesn't need to stop, but let's not go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye
    @ColtsFan What on the Buffaloes list of things unacceptable do you take issue with? The two posters banned were warned and challenged those warnings resulting in the bans. Not sure why you jumped on me for pointing it out, I have no affiliation with the brand. It is after all the BGE's brand and they are free to police as they see fit.   
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm sure that the biggest issue is this is a forum sanctioned and hosted by the brand itself.
    Correct, but the brand needs to recognize that WE are the brand. You have a collection of people here that are some of the greatest Big Green Egg cooks in the world with an abundance of knowledge in all things Big Green Egg.

What happens to the forum when those people aren't here anymore? Who will answer all the noobs questions? 

Not saying that some of the BS doesn't need to stop, but let's not go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye
    @ColtsFan What on the Buffaloes list of things unacceptable do you take issue with? The two posters banned were warned and challenged those warnings resulting in the bans. Not sure why you jumped on me for pointing it out, I have no affiliation with the brand. It is after all the BGE's brand and they are free to police as they see fit.   
    Who said I took issues with who and why people were banned?

And my statement was a generality and not directed toward you.

Sorry to offend you. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Censorship is a slippery slope.  So is copyright infringement.
    I see what you did there
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Done and posted in the Off topic forum
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Great recommendation
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Banning isn’t the problem.  ^^^ is the problem. Forum eats itself because something changes and voila.

What’s that short story/Twilight Zone?  The Monsters are due on Maple Street?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    edited January 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Eoin said:
    just dusted off my bbqbrethren account after a 4 year hiatus. @centexsmoker
    Is that place worth a try?
    This is the place to be for anything BGE related. (Forum wise)

The BBQ Brethren is a fantastic site. All different types of grills and smokers over there. Which I enjoy. It's a very on point type of forum. I don't venture much outside their main forum but you can probably find more "off topic" posts if you were to look around.

Definitely worth stopping over and checking out. You will also find some great people over there. Someone always willing to help. 
    They have "the woodpile" over there that is rated R OT stuff. I would like to see that here but I get why they wouldn't. They still don't allow any personal attacks, politics, flame wars etc. There are a bunch of guys on here that are over there too. sgh, hotch, caliking, weberwho, and others.
    They also have a special interest section which you have to specifically join and it is not visible to people that are not registered members AND have specifically requested access. That way folks won't be accidentally triggered.

The "News & Politics" section topics and responses are almost all of the Limbaugh/Colter/Trumpista/Carlson vein. I think the ratio of right of center to left of center is about 100:1.
    I used to occasionally partake in the fray and most of the discussions were generally civil and don't devolve into childish personal crap (as seems to happen here sometimes). I don't stop by there much as I really have no interest in arguing news/politics every day. It is nowhere near as fun and spontaneous as when those sort of things would pop up here one or two threads a week.
    In recent years the BBQBrethren has become more accepting/understanding of kamados but I think this site is still far more useful for folks whose primary focus is the BGE (or kamados in general).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Legume said:
    Banning isn’t the problem.  ^^^ is the problem. Forum eats itself because something changes and voila.

What’s that short story/Twilight Zone?  The Monsters are due on Maple Street?
    Classic episode.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    edited January 2019
    Options

thetrim said:
    if you put it in the salad and dressing forum it will stay first page for eternity
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    Fishlessman might have to move...some might take offense to where he lives. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

thetrim said:
    if you put it in the salad and dressing forum it will stay first page for eternity
    Ha!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @ColtsFan It's all good man,I wasn't. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Nothing has really changed. We just lay off the neked pics and political junk and all will be okay.   
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @ColtsFan It's all good man,I wasn't. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Nothing has really changed. We just lay off the neked pics and political junk and all will be okay.   
    I don't think that is all but we shall see.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    we should start a "pelt watch" thread.

Make it sticky: Kind of a wall of shame/pelts on the wall/tribute to the fallen

Options
    People tend to walk on eggshells once they've been called out. We have all been guilty of it on here at some point. We all just need to relax and realize that Royal Oak smells like a tire fire when lit and that @SGH 's Brisket never existed. It's simple really.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I'm just trying to figure out who got banned. What their forum handle is at least...
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    People tend to walk on eggshells once they've been called out. We have all been guilty of it on here at some point. We all just need to relax and realize that Royal Oak smells like a tire fire when lit and that @SGH never existed. It's simple really.
    FTFY
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I'm just trying to figure out who got banned. What their forum handle is at least...
    It was me 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    This will help.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1217573/ot-ot-ot-buffalo-pelts#latest
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Do want to give props to the Buffalo for the choice of avatar for banned users - makes me chuckle.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Do want to give props to the Buffalo for the choice of avatar for banned users - makes me chuckle.

I don't like it b/c I rely on Avatars more so than screennames to know who is who. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

I don't like it b/c I rely on Avatars more so than screennames to know who is who. 
    I get that, but banned users really won't be adding new posts so it shouldn't be a problem going forward.
    Many existing/active members seem to periodically change their avatars so sometimes you just have to recalibrate anyway.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I missed you guys 😂

Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

How do you ever recognize @JohnInCarolina with his perpetually changing avatar then? :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:

How do you ever recognize @JohnInCarolina with his perpetually changing avatar then? :)
    Who?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike