Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    That would be Los Angeles - Baltimore...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just vacuum packed 20lbs of smoked cheese. Now the hard part .... Waiting 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TN_Egger said:
    That would be Los Angeles - Baltimore...
    Yes my mistake, thanks. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I have the hardest time calling the Chargers the LA Chargers.  Not the same w the Rams and the soon to be Vegas Raiders.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • For those of you who haven't seen this highlight yet:

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    bgebrent said:

Did a little of that myself last night.  Always therapeutic. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    After 6 years on my medium, the permetex ultra copper on my Rutland literally turned into dust. The gasket I bought from Ron was in perfect shape. Ron has pointed out there is a possibility I used the Permatex Red by accident and I won’t argue as my memory isn’t what it was. Either way, the old girl got cleaned up, we gooped her up with some fresh ultra copper, put the old gasket back on and she is drying in the tepid sunshine. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just prepped some homemade onion rings. Gonna fry them in a few. Leaving them in the fridge to set a bit. Trying to get better about using up stuff we have in the house. So tonight is Tuna Fish Sammiches and Onion Rings. 

I could eat a wash tub of those. Nothing wrong with simple. I like tuna melt for dinner. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TN_Egger
    So now that San Diego-Colts game is getting interesting...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    This LA - Baltimore game is a snooze fest.
    It got better too, dinnit!   :)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TN_Egger
    wonder how many fans left early...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Botch said:
    This LA - Baltimore game is a snooze fest.
    It got better too, dinnit!   :)
    Yes it certainly did.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @theyolksonyou E46= BMW aka a sweet ride for anyone much less a 16 yr old.  He11 my daily driver (not nearly as many miles now that I live the daily Saturday routine) is a 2001 540i manual (bought second hand in 2003).  185K on the clock.  Bullet -proof except the V-8 engine is too much for the cooling system.  Great work right there. 
    And just give her a shop-rate and multiply by around 10 hours.  You should be good to go for a while.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @lousubcap he took his mom’s 11 yr old highlander.  He did score a 63 in a 45 in the bimmer tho.  
  • @theyolksonyou sounds like the 16yo needs the reality check on repair bills! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    @theyolksonyou there is one more piece to the teen driving scorecard...the fender-bender.  Both of my boys (4 years apart in age) got the speeding tix and the wreck within around about the same licensed time-frame.  Good luck. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Firing up wangs-two ways.
    The front half have been mellowing in Walkerswood jerk (hot) marinade.  The remainder will get a honey sriracha sauce on the home-stretch.
    Gonna be good.  (BTW-very raised direct around 375*F on the dome if anyone cares.)  Thanks for lookin-
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    lousubcap said:
    Firing up wangs-two ways.
    The front half have been mellowing in Walkerswood jerk (hot) marinade.  The remainder will get a honey sriracha sauce on the home-stretch.
    Gonna be good.  (BTW-very raised direct around 375*F on the dome if anyone cares.)  Thanks for lookin-
    Those will be delicious.  Enjoy Cap.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    YukonRon said:
    Acn said:
    Acn said:
    Starting to plan a 3-week trip through the mountain west for next summer.
    Awesome.  That is a pretty amazing section of the country.  What states are you guys looking at?
    We’re looking at CO, WY, and MT; with a little dabble in SD and Alberta.  In CO, it’ll be Denver/RMNP area, we did Mesa Verde/Durango and some of the southern part of the state on a trip in 2017.
    You will love RMNP.  That place is amazing.  I definitely recommend spending a few days there if you can swing it.  

You going to hit up Yellowstone as well?  There are a couple of good restaurants in Jackson Hole I can recommend if you’re planning on going there too.
    Be glad to share our experiences with you if needed, we spend a week or two out there just about every year.
    My Beautiful Wife and I have been caught in snow and ice storms in July and August at elevations of 9000 feet and above.
    If you plan on summiting any of the 14ers while there, be sure to be off the mountain by noon....that is when the storms and winds pick up, and the last place on earth you want to be is caught on the summit in one of those. You may survive, but I guarantee you will never forget it.
    Thanks Ron, I’ll definitely want to do that.  I’m not sure if we’ll worry about 14ers, but who knows what condition we’ll be in 18 months from now, or what interests the kid might have.

@doubleegger - I’ll see what I can do, but there are some other competing interests and what the wife and daughter want to have happen.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    set up the entertainment center
    diggn the Falcon!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • What are you doing a engine swap!?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Planked salmon, turnip greens, peas & pearl onions, and a hunk of cornbread.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD