Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Returned home.  Wet roads turned to ice overnight, then a coating of snow.  No problem for my truck, but the traffic to get into the gate was backed up over a mile, might as well save the gas and try again in an hour.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I read an article the other day about this tradition of Clemson fans taking $2 bills that they stamp with orange paws with them to away games.  This just seemed like another quaint college football tradition until some of the fans they interviewed started explaining the lengths they go to, to get hundreds of these and how they see this as their way to show the financial impact of Clemson nation on the road. 

I think I can see and hear the eye rolls and snark from here as they pay restaurant checks and bar tabs $2 at a time, probably not delivering the message they think they are, to the working people that have to deal with a stack of $2 bills.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,183
    Options
    Legume said:
    I read an article the other day about this tradition of Clemson fans taking $2 bills that they stamp with orange paws with them to away games.  This just seemed like another quaint college football tradition until some of the fans they interviewed started explaining the lengths they go to, to get hundreds of these and how they see this as their way to show the financial impact of Clemson nation on the road. 

I think I can see and hear the eye rolls and snark from here as they pay restaurant checks and bar tabs $2 at a time, probably not delivering the message they think they are, to the working people that have to deal with a stack of $2 bills.
    There’s a hidden message here. The #1 strip club in Columbia is “famous” for dispensing change in two dollar bills. 
  • Legume
    Options
    Ha!  No mention of that in the article, just about banks and getting requests in early.  Also the banks used to stamp the bills but then stopped.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,183
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ha!  No mention of that in the article, just about banks and getting requests in early.  Also the banks used to stamp the bills but then stopped.
    A lot of those $2 bills end up at the Waffle House around the corner. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Legume said:

There’s a hidden message here. The #1 strip club in Columbia is “famous” for dispensing change in two dollar bills. 
    I have always understood the took $3 bills. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    On a more serious note.  Cindy (my wife) had a concerning mammogram Friday.  Nothing confirmed but she is an at-risk person.  Biopsy Thursday and the results the following Tuesday.  The perp is the size of a grain of rice.  We're really not trying to over think this, but you can imagine how the mind works.  If you are a prayer type person please do, if not good vibes would be greatly appreciated 
    Best wishes to your wife and good luck with the test results.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Legume said:

I have always understood the took $3 bills. 
    Now that’s funny. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Legume
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Pimpin’ ain’t easy.  

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Hanging with the cows 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Grilling Fajitas 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Ballsy call Nick - going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 35.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    I think we're in for a shootout. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Sure am loving this vaunted SEC defense we are seeing. The sec is really overrated when the competition in their own conference isn’t good. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I love it, and I'm an LSU fan.
    SEC=over rated 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Pure entertainment boys.  Enjoy it now cuz you ain't gonna see any college ball for another 8 months!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Great game so far!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I don’t remember what awards show they collaborated with a rap group and it was amazing 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I don’t remember what awards show they collaborated with a rap group and it was amazing 
    Oops. Nothing like posting when you thought you were texting. Gotta put the drink down. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Oops. Nothing like posting when you thought you were texting. Gotta put the drink down. 
    Now we need to know who at least the band was?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm just kind of surprised NickelBack isn't performing here TBH.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I know you are a NickelBack fan. Sorry for the disappointment. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    I was trying to make a football joke there.  Guess I failed.

FTR I friggin hate Nickelback with every fiber of my being.   Not a big Imagine Dragons fan either.  They sound too much like the Tabernacle Choir to me.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    This is what i was talking about. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrIDDZV9IM
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    I was trying to make a football joke there.  Guess I failed.

FTR I friggin hate Nickelback with every fiber of my being.   Not a big Imagine Dragons fan either.  They sound too much like the Tabernacle Choir to me.
    I knew all of that. You missed my sarcasm.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker