Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Zion Williamson.  Ho Lee Chit
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited January 2019
    The kids wanted to meet us for lunch today.  I treated them to The Pit in Durham (their idea) for BBQ.  The food was ok for the price, but the company was much better.  I had taken a few pic's of my plate of brisket and catfish, but I seem to be having a little problem posting them.  Is it just me or is it a forum glitch?  Huh, It just allowed me to post a pic. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Watching Pete Carroll proves that chewing gum is a young man’s game. 
  • I had a little back and forth with my buddy g8golfer today.  I thought I would share with everyone here.  I have blacked out some of the “offensive” portions so as not to anger Mr. Tatonkin or any of the rest of you with delicate sensibilities:

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    In all of sports, the Kevin Ware break was the worst I have seen.  The kid’s leg snapped clean in half.
    I was at that game and on the opposite side of the court when it happened.  Took me a couple of seconds to process what I was seeing.  Never need to see anything like that again. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    John, all your right wing buddies will be extremely disappointed w your moral shortcomings by this incident.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    John, all your right wing buddies will be extremely disappointed w your moral shortcomings by this incident.  
    Man, I friggin hope so!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Made some pizza d'oh! balls for tomorrow.  And a batch of no knead dough.  not shown.
    Heading to the store for a couple yardbirds. Gonna give this piri piri chicken a try on my AR. Got some mild garlic and medium. Wife is not a huge chili head. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Heading to the store for a couple yardbirds. Gonna give this piri piri chicken a try on my AR. Got some mild garlic and medium. Wife is not a huge chili head. 
    Love Nando's! The garlic is delicious. Doing Peri-Peri wings today using hot. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Starting to plan a 3-week trip through the mountain west for next summer.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn said:
    Awesome.  That is a pretty amazing section of the country.  What states are you guys looking at?
  • Acn
    Acn said:
    Awesome.  That is a pretty amazing section of the country.  What states are you guys looking at?
    We’re looking at CO, WY, and MT; with a little dabble in SD and Alberta.  In CO, it’ll be Denver/RMNP area, we did Mesa Verde/Durango and some of the southern part of the state on a trip in 2017.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn said:
    Acn said:
    We’re looking at CO, WY, and MT; with a little dabble in SD and Alberta.  In CO, it’ll be Denver/RMNP area, we did Mesa Verde/Durango and some of the southern part of the state on a trip in 2017.
    You will love RMNP.  That place is amazing.  I definitely recommend spending a few days there if you can swing it.  

You going to hit up Yellowstone as well?  There are a couple of good restaurants in Jackson Hole I can recommend if you’re planning on going there too.
  • Acn
    Acn said:
    Acn said:
    You will love RMNP.  That place is amazing.  I definitely recommend spending a few days there if you can swing it.  

You going to hit up Yellowstone as well?  There are a couple of good restaurants in Jackson Hole I can recommend if you’re planning on going there too.
    That’ll be the plan, several days in RMNP, Yellowstone, and Glacier - quicker stops in Grand Teton NP and Badlands, and then travel time around there.  I’ll take any recs I can get, will probably start a thread (well labeled as OT) as we get a more settled itinerary and I confirm with the boss that taking 3 straight weeks of leave will get approved.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Acn said:
    Acn said:

Be glad to share our experiences with you if needed, we spend a week or two out there just about every year.
    My Beautiful Wife and I have been caught in snow and ice storms in July and August at elevations of 9000 feet and above.
    If you plan on summiting any of the 14ers while there, be sure to be off the mountain by noon....that is when the storms and winds pick up, and the last place on earth you want to be is caught on the summit in one of those. You may survive, but I guarantee you will never forget it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Spend a week in Yellowstone. You won’t regret it. Yellowstone is my favorite place on the planet. 
  • thetrim
    That looks awesome @Killit_and_Grillit
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger

Did some Ratatouille last night. I added some Italian sausage to the sauce. Cause...’Merica. 
    Fantastic looking brother. I really need to give this a whirl. 
  • thetrim
    Also a great movie.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Rough seas kept me outta the water this morning.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Spend a week in Yellowstone. You won’t regret it. Yellowstone is my favorite place on the planet. 
    Have you watched Yellowstone the Netflix (I think) series? Some Gawjus scenery in the first series. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

Did some Ratatouille last night. I added some Italian sausage to the sauce. Cause...’Merica. 
    Love the layout in the pan, definitely doing it like that soon!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Botch said:
    I tried "whipped cauliflower" for the first time today, nice!  Boiled the florets from one head in 1" of water for 15 minutes, into the processor with salt, nutmeg and a big glop of butter, and processed.  Will do this in two batches next time, my Kitchenaid wouldn't pull all the florets in (was tasty "rustic", too!)  

Has anyone tried making this with a potato ricer instead?  They're a lot easier to clean.  
    ....aaand, how about this!?  The leftovers can be reheated, on the stove, with no change in texture (mashed potatoes can't do this).  I will be doing this more often.   :)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• @Eoin it helps to do the vegetables in 4-6 inch stacks and then set them in the pan instead of doing them individually. Keeps them from falling down in the sauce. I was gonna do the inner ring as well but I ran out of eggplant so I just rough chopped what I had left and chucked it in the center. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    At Lowe’s picking up a Large KJ Classic.  I see one of these in my future too.  Would be great for Jerky and cold smoking cheese. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen