Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Anyone Own A Peloton Bike

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
Boigjt one two months ago, loving it so far. If you have one please let me know. Looking for folks to follow in the app for motivational purposes. 

I swore up and down to SWMBO that it would become an expensive towel rack. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited November 2018
    Ordered the Noritrac Version S22i , can't wait to get it....glad to hear you are enjoying it, I have a Cannondale SystemSix but have fallen off the training wagon a couple years now...hoping to get back in the swing
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    Nice. I’ve had it 61 days and used it 47 times so far. Hoping this isn’t just newbie infatuation. Let me know what you think of the NordicTrac
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • I have one mike. Usually Ride it 3x a week. Love it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lkapigian
    Awesome @CTMike ...both solid products for sure
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    I have one mike. Usually Ride it 3x a week. Love it. 
    Mind PM’ing me your user name?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lkapigian
    edited November 2018
    As soon as I get set up, Ships on 12/3.. Looking forward ....would be cool to have a group from,here 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike said:
    Nice. I’ve had it 61 days and used it 47 times so far. Hoping this isn’t just newbie infatuation. Let me know what you think of the NordicTrac
    That is crazy pace. Im riding now more than ever but 3x a week is about all I can fit in. I do yoga 2x a week as well. Sometimes I travel and that screws me up but when I’m around I usually get it all in. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Do you have a road/mountain bike? Is the Peloton to avoid weather and/or traffic? Or is it the convenience of being there whenever you have time to ride? Asking because our Texas weather is usually pretty nice. 
    I have a dumb trainer and am trying to decide if a Peloton or smart trainer is a good investment for me. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Do you have a road/mountain bike? Is the Peloton to avoid weather and/or traffic? Or is it the convenience of being there whenever you have time to ride? Asking because our Texas weather is usually pretty nice. 
    I have a dumb trainer and am trying to decide if a Peloton or smart trainer is a good investment for me. 
    Never been a cyclist and have no interest. I love the class format and convenience of the Peloton. I do a lot of hiking outdoors. We have 30+ miles of greenbelts and rustic trails all walking distance from my front door. Lots of mountain bikers back there but I prefer hiking. 

The calorie burn on Peloton is insane and I can get done in 30 or 45 min depending on what class I take. I work at home so I can jump on any time I have 30-45 to spare. It’s been nice to have around. 
  • No peloton bike here, but I bought an Assault Airbike last year and love it. 
  • There is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would get on the road on a bicycle with all these moronic distracted drivers! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    SciAggie said:
    I know you didn’t ask me, but here is my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation):

I am an avid cyclist but a few months back I got ran off the road by some idiot I assume was texting - that was the third time in the last 18 months or so. I had a dumb trainer but it was too boring. 

I like the convenience of the Peloton, being able to jump on anytime I can. I like the ability to use it year round (I live in New England), and I like the community aspect. The price tag and subscription cost are drawbacks, but they are also motivators to me to keep using it. The cost per ride gets cheaper every time I use it. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • I ride my motorcycle like I’m rolling through a mine field
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• There is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would get on the road on a bicycle with all these moronic distracted drivers! 
    Guy died in my hood last week. No way I would ride a street bike. 
  • CTMike
    lkapigian said:
    Ordered the Noritrac Version S22i , can't wait to get it....glad to hear you are enjoying it, I have a Cannondale SystemSix but have fallen off the training wagon a couple years now...hoping to get back in the swing
    Just read a little about this bike - please let me know what you think about the instructors adjusting your incline/decline/resistance during the ride. That sounds like an interesting feature peloton doesn’t offer. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    CTMike said:
    SciAggie said:
    I know you didn’t ask me, but here is my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation):

I am an avid cyclist but a few months back I got ran off the road by some idiot I assume was texting - that was the third time in the last 18 months or so. I had a dumb trainer but it was too boring. 

I like the convenience of the Peloton, being able to jump on anytime I can. I like the ability to use it year round (I live in New England), and I like the community aspect. The price tag and subscription cost are drawbacks, but they are also motivators to me to keep using it. The cost per ride gets cheaper every time I use it. 
    I appreciate the response. I still have the joy of very little traffic on country roads. The vast majority of drivers I encounter live in the area and tend to be very considerate toward my riding. 
    The alternative I am considering to a smart trainer is a nice gravel bike. I can extend my riding onto the multiple county roads that are caliche topped gravel. 
    Of course, both a trainer and a new bike would be ideal, but there’s the whole $$$ issue.
    I asked Cen-Tex simply because I’m familiar with the riding conditions around Austin. I can see that road cycling is becoming increasingly dangerous in many areas. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    There is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would get on the road on a bicycle with all these moronic distracted drivers! 
    The Randall's guy. Very Sad.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    My wife HAD to have the Peloton Bike a couple years ago. HAD. TO. HAVE. IT.

$2500.

We sold it last year for $1000.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CTMike
    edited November 2018
    SciAggie said:

I can see that road cycling is becoming increasingly dangerous in many areas. 
    Yup. Here in CT state law requires drivers give cyclists a minimum of 3’ of clearance - usually doesn’t happen as most secondary roads in this part of the country are very narrow as they started as horse and buggy paths. Or they are just being arseholes and try to see how close they can get. Many people in New England are just plain rude. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    When I ride (country roads in farming communities northeast of Hartford), I find that most drivers will pass me by moving at least halfway into the oncoming lane. So little traffic that they can easily do that. I don't find them rude at all. You never know I guess, but I have yet to feel uncomfortable.

And I HATE HATE HATE stationary exercise equipment!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    There is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would get on the road on a bicycle with all these moronic distracted drivers! 
    I used to be a road bike rider.  Having had two ( not my fault) interactions with cars (law of gross tonnage in play-latest in 1984,old here) and surfacing as the loser in each I retired from that gig.  Full props to all who can do the indoor equipment exercise regimen but I was unable to accept that environment.
    I'm sure the relative safety of the home/gym has many merits. Congrats to those who get it done.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago said:
    The Randall's guy. Very Sad.
    Yep. He lived 2 streets from me. Saw him riding to/from work several times a week. 
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    I have Peloton  and try to use it 3 times per week. I have  so far.It is the best indoor .workout  piece of equipment I’ve ever bought
  • lousubcap said:
    I used to be a road bike rider.  Having had two ( not my fault) interactions with cars (law of gross tonnage in play-latest in 1984,old here) and surfacing as the loser in each I retired from that gig.  Full props to all who can do the indoor equipment exercise regimen but I was unable to accept that environment.
    I'm sure the relative safety of the home/gym has many merits. Congrats to those who get it done.

I could never do a stationary bike, treadmill, or elliptical in my house (or anywhere else). This is guided spin classes (live or on-demand) and that has kept it very interesting for me. I love the class format but would never just get in a spin bike and ride without it. It’s not for everyone but I have enjoyed it. As my great-great granddaddy said: there’s an a$$ for every seat. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    I use a standard road bike on a turbo trainer regularly in my garage.  Love it. In fact my Santa' list is clip in pedals and even more lycra.  

Few things;
    1) gave up running as it hurt and I wasn't much good at it
    2) Too dangerous to ride on the roads around here.  
    3) I open the laptop and follow YouTube rides by CTX
    4) Its very convenient and easy.  I bought a cheap heart monitor and the calorie burn is huge - if you follow the CV interval videos.
    5) Plus it gave me an excuse to re-unbox my Arcam amp and Tannoy speakers, about 20 years after they were re-boxed following SWMBO not really tolerating their presence in the house and choosing a particularly aggressive shade of magnolia for the walls and insisting they match nothing & have to go!

I am certain that my neighbours love my eclectic taste of 80's synth pop,  90's Club anthems and most of the Trojan back catalogue. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CTMike
    dmchicago said:
    My wife HAD to have the Peloton Bike a couple years ago. HAD. TO. HAVE. IT.

$2500.

We sold it last year for $1000.

Ouch

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • For those who Peloton: what’s the experience with weight loss?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • CTMike
    For those who Peloton: what’s the experience with weight loss?
    I’ve had mine 2 months, down 22 lbs. I am also doing the keto diet at the same time. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike said:
    For those who Peloton: what’s the experience with weight loss?
    I’ve had mine 2 months, down 22 lbs. I am also doing the keto diet at the same time. 
    My peloton gets delivered tomorrow:  Feel free to add me:  Campbellsbbq
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited November 2018
    I used to do 300 miles a week on the road back in late 90's and early 2000's. No more! Too many friends RIP. Anybody want to buy a really nice light and fast carbon Pro Team Time?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.