Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Anyone Own A Peloton Bike

Options

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    @CTMike yes I wrote you back right away - didn’t get it?  

PS loving this bike - addicting !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    NDG said:
    @CTMike yes I wrote you back right away - didn’t get it?  

PS loving this bike - addicting !!
    I didn’t seem to receive it. I would appreciate if you could resend. Glad you’re enjoying the bike - mine is named “Mistress of Pain.”
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I'm not happy that mine hasn't even shipped yet
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    How long since you ordered it?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    CTMike said:
    lkapigian said:
    About 3 weeks, was supposed to ship 12/3 then 12/6 now it's bumped again 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I’m holding out for the half off RTIC edition bike. 
  • CTMike
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ask and ye shall receive:

https://echelonfit.com/

Blatant ripoff IMO, just like RTIC. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    CTMike said:
    lkapigian said:
    About 3 weeks, was supposed to ship 12/3 then 12/6 now it's bumped again 
    Call ‘em up and b!tch - might end up with some free swag. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Ask and ye shall receive:

https://echelonfit.com/

Blatant ripoff IMO, just like RTIC. 
    Lol. I was kidding of course. The last bike I rode was a Mongoose BMX bike. I quit riding when I got my drivers license. 
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
    I used to do triathlons back in my early 20s and rode hundreds of miles a week. Now I am 48 and overweight, I see this bike and think I would love it but its a big expense. My big concern is how my a$$ would handle seat time starting off. We got mountain bikes to go camping and that wa quite literally a pain in the butt. How long to get over saddle sore?

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Saddle Sore is real . . . but loving my bike so far, doing quick 20 or 30 min rides followed by stretch/push-ups/situps and all done in 40 mins. 

WEIRD PART to me about cycling / spining . . . why the hell are my muscles not crazy sore the next day?  I jump off the bike after a tough ride, legs are jelly, struggle to climb stairs, so logic tells me next day I am going to be sore as the dickens. NOPE I wake up with legs feeling fresh - WTF.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    NDG said:
    Saddle Sore is real . . . 
    DZNuts (from Dave Zabriski)

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/dz-nuts-pro-chamois-creme?adl=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9X906mY3wIVB0OGCh1mDAtBEAQYDCABEgLRNfD_BwE

Lots of brands. This one has the best name. =) I think Assos was the first. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    tz666 said:
    I used to do triathlons back in my early 20s and rode hundreds of miles a week. Now I am 48 and overweight, I see this bike and think I would love it but its a big expense. My big concern is how my a$$ would handle seat time starting off. We got mountain bikes to go camping and that wa quite literally a pain in the butt. How long to get over saddle sore?
    About two weeks for me - just stay on the bike.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I'll be glad when Christmas is behind us and will no longer see those Peloton commercials on tv a few dozen times a day.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• If you already own a decent bike, you can go an alternate route. Get a smart trainer (~$200-300 used), download and subscribe to Zwift ($15/month). It's a virtual world of riding with multiple different routes, interactive riding (including racing and planned workouts if that's your thing). Much less expensive than Peloton, but a little different in that there are not classes, per se. Lots of YouTube videos on Zwift if you cant picture what it's like. When weather is nice, just pop your bike off the trainer and head outside. Hard to do that on a Peloton...
    Egging in Indy...
  • CTMike
    Options
    tz666 said:
    Get a pair of padded bike shorts. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tz666
    Options
    The wife gave me the OK to buy peloton if I wanted, I think its going to happen. Need to clean crap out of guest room now.

• tz666
    Options
    Bike ordered, my butt is nervous

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Both friends that have Peloton “bikes” have repurposed them as clothes hangers.  Although neither of them were into cycling but even my mountain bike friends who use indoor trainers get burnt out on them.  The Zwift/smart trainer suggestion @EGGcellent_Smithers made is a good one.  

While I wear padded shorts (aka chamois) I also wear a shell over them, many brands like Fox come in sets like that.  Or you can find some shorts with a padded liner sewn in for cheap at REI.  Not sure if people put padding on or switch out the seat on those things but a huge mistake people make is using too much padding on the seat, saddles that I spend 8+ hours on during long rides aren’t all that cushy.. 
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I wanted to get one of these for my wife for Christmas mostly because it doesn’t come with any brakes.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Mine just came it , solid built , love the interactiveness with the Trainer that whoever you are riding with can adjust your resistance, incline and decline, heck even the Fan varies its speed- Don't see myself doing the classes but the ride alongs are great 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I want one but I’m not going to pay $2500. I will hang around and see if someone will be selling by half price by next Christmas. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    I want one but I’m not going to pay $2500. I will hang around and see if someone will be selling by half price by next Christmas. 
    They pop up around here a few times a year. Usually range from full price (save the delivery fee and taxes!) to $1500. They all sell in 30 minutes. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • jewild
    jewild Posts: 14
    Options

Funny thing about these bikes are, when the idea came out, No one bought these things, and very few wanted to pay a monthly fee to connect to the program. So marketing got a few celebrity's to endorse the product and more then doubled the price of the bikes and now the bikes are the cats a$$, and everyone wants one.

Their just an over priced exercise bike, but that's my opinion.

• thetrim
    Options
    This is one reason to buy a peleton vs a road bike.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    MiamiRideLife Isa great follow on Instagram for those of you into cycling. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Road in Moab Utah last week, yesterday and today, the Spruce Railroad trail on Lake Crescent in Washington
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian