Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Anyone Own A Peloton Bike

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    What a shjt example you’re setting for everyone.  Buttermilk sousvide fried chicken, red meat measured in lbs, get everyone hooked and then voila, health-boy.  Thanks.
    I'm still eating red meat by the pound :smiley:

It's the booze that is sad. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    What a shjt example you’re setting for everyone.  Buttermilk sousvide fried chicken, red meat measured in lbs, get everyone hooked and then voila, health-boy.  Thanks.
    and its just a phase
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Legume said:
    I know this wasn’t directed at me (and was tongue-in-cheek) - but this is a sustainable lifestyle. Y’all know how I cook. I’ve been eating (and drinking) the same things - just less of it. I’ve lost 77 pounds this year. I’m finally at a normal BMI. 
    wow! 77lbs! That is awesome. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Legume said:
    I know this wasn’t directed at me (and was tongue-in-cheek) - but this is a sustainable lifestyle. Y’all know how I cook. I’ve been eating (and drinking) the same things - just less of it. I’ve lost 77 pounds this year. I’m finally at a normal BMI. 
    Yes, not you and only a little serious  ;)  Big congrats on the weight loss.

I can’t stand most modes of exercise and the few I like are tough to build in day to day.

Hiking and walking, hard to do in a meaningful way with my work schedule during the week.  Biking - the challenges and concerns are documented here.  I’m an exercise whiner and Goldilocks. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited November 2018
    Options
    For those who Peloton: what’s the experience with weight loss?
    Didnt lose any weight until I changed my diet. Started riding hard again 10/1 and quit drinking as well but still ate what I wanted. Didnt lose a pound for 2 weeks. Switched to low carb and lost 11 lbs the next 3 weeks. Down 15 now (before last week but that’s coming off quickly again). 

No workout will will make you lose weight unless you eat/drink right (whatever that is for you). Especially as you get older (I turn 50 next month). As much as I drink I was shocked that alone didn’t make the lbs fly off but it didnt. I can say I felt a ton better and worked out more and harder and ate way better too when I was off the booze.took full advantage of thanksgiving but back on the train until Christmas! 
    Agree 100%.

I've been doing Orange Theory 4 days a week for 3 1/2 years. Lost initial weight but then just maintained my weight +/- 5 or so lbs.

It fufilled my cardiovascular needs and since I have a stent in my LADA, I need to maintain good cardio health.

Once I started limiting carbs/sugars in August, I'm down 20 lbs to 187ish.

Goal is 180-185 range. Bought a pair of 31 waist jeans a few weeks ago.

Wine, tho. I can't quit you.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    NDG said:
    bought mine last night - gets delivered tmrw . . holy ****, batman.
    Damn, you must live near a distribution hub. 

If you are seriously wanting to improve your fitness, join the Power Zone Pack Facebook page and download the mPaceLine app. The app pulls data from the bike, graphs it, and allows you to see improvement. Also allows you to compare results when you do the same ride multiple times. Definitely worth the $20. 

Also within the app are training programs designed to improve your fitness. 

The PZP page also organizes multi-week team challenges several times a year. I’m in week 7 of an 8 week challenge now. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    For those who Peloton: what’s the experience with weight loss?
    Didnt lose any weight until I changed my diet. Started riding hard again 10/1 and quit drinking as well but still ate what I wanted. Didnt lose a pound for 2 weeks. Switched to low carb and lost 11 lbs the next 3 weeks. Down 15 now (before last week but that’s coming off quickly again). 

No workout will will make you lose weight unless you eat/drink right (whatever that is for you). Especially as you get older (I turn 50 next month). As much as I drink I was shocked that alone didn’t make the lbs fly off but it didnt. I can say I felt a ton better and worked out more and harder and ate way better too when I was off the booze.took full advantage of thanksgiving but back on the train until Christmas! 
    Agree 100%.

I've been doing Orange Theory 4 days a week for 3 1/2 years. Lost initial weight but then just maintained my weight +/- 5 or so lbs.

It fufilled my cardiovascular needs and since I have a stent in my LADA, I need to maintain good cardio health.

Once I started limiting carbs/sugars in August, I'm down 20 lbs to 187ish.

Goal is 180-185 range. Bought a pair of 31 waist jeans a few weeks ago.

Wine, tho. I can't quit you.
    I really like OT too. Did that for while here in Lakeway when they opened but fizzled out. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Here is an example of the data you can pull with the mPaceLine app:

This was a Power Zone Max ride, spinning the wheel at 100% resistance is pretty damn tough. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Which is better the Peloton or the Nordictrack S22i? 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    I got the s22! Both awesome trainers 22 gets you 1 year free training plus incline and decline 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I really like a LifeStyle Fitness Elliptical that has some interactive course where I can see some of @YukonRon favorite hikes!  I trekked all across Yosemite this morning!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • chrisc133
    Options
    Delivery was about 15 min for me yesterday.  Knocked out a ride..love it.  I hate that I'm heading out of town and won't be able to use it..but I'll be in NYC and hoping to do a studio class at their HQ to get in some workouts.
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @thetrim
    Yosemite will be done again. My Beautiful Wife and I loved the Alpine area. The valley is beautiful, as any place on earth.
    But, going off trail, is absolutely spectacular.
    We will definitely make that trip to go backpacking in the Alpine again.
    It is amazing how much beauty people walk past, just walking on paved tourist trails, in the valley section of that magnificent national park.
    If there is one bit of advice I can offer, Go backpacking in the Alpine area. Go off trail. Take nothing but a picture, leave nothing but a boot print. See the park as 99.99% of all those who visit, never see.
    It truly is an amazing place.
    Nothing like picking up a 3 foot log, a foot in diameter, and realizing it is just bark from a Sequoia. Those things amaze me, but then again, with my special needs brain,  it does not take much for me to go "Cool".
    There is so much out there to be interactive with, so many beautiful places. Yosemite is certainly one of ours.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lkapigian
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    This is a pretty neutral review

https://youtu.be/uuEOZe4LHfM
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    After my experience with the Nordic Track incline treadmill, which I had several service calls on and finally they agreed to replace it, I would not purchase another NT product again. Their build quality is not great IMO.
    The incline feature sounds like a neat feature however it is another component that will break. I had multiple issues with the motor on the incline treadmill.   Also, I notice that the pedals are cage only and not the clips that the Peloton has. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    dstearn said:
    After my experience with the Nordic Track incline treadmill, which I had several service calls on and finally they agreed to replace it, I would not purchase another NT product again. Their build quality is not great IMO.
    The incline feature sounds like a neat feature however it is another component that will break. I had multiple issues with the motor on the incline treadmill.   Also, I notice that the pedals are cage only and not the clips that the Peloton has. 
    I already have Shimano clipless that "Should" bolt on...I agee on the Incline being possibly problematic in the future but with the 3 years parts and labor ( I paid extra for the labor) I took it...........Just glad to see the Forum Fit Revolution 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    I have a question.... I travel 75% of the year and love a good bike at the hotel, all of these bikes  offer the ability to just watch regular TV?  We are 100% non cable, we have high speed internet and stream everything... Thanks in advance...
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • lkapigian
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I know you can stream your rides to your main TV but not sure Visa Versa the s22i has an HDMI port ...i did read in Reddit that some have been able tp get the Netflix app on it but don't know if it was a hack
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    Options
    The only way to stream other content on the Peloton is to hack the tablet and side load something. Voids the warranty. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    We have a spin bike but subscribe to Peleton via iTunes.  About $13/month.  Get live classes as well as archived.  If you already have a spin bike, this is a great option. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have a question.... I travel 75% of the year and love a good bike at the hotel, all of these bikes  offer the ability to just watch regular TV?  We are 100% non cable, we have high speed internet and stream everything... Thanks in advance...
    you would not want to spend the money on one of these to watch regular TV when you ride. You can get a good spin bike for 1/4 the price. The whole reason these bikes are so expensive is they have proprietary classes integrated into the bike. That's how they get dopes like me to pay $2000 for a $400 bike (true). These are all about taking a class to ride. You can't take a class and watch TV at the same time so there is no reason to overpay for one of these when you can buy the same quality bike at a fraction of the cost. If you like riding a bike while watching TV, save some money and buy a nice spin bike for $400 and a 65" 4K TV. 
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Eh, I guess you have a good point... I guess I'll just look for a quality bike and mount a TV to the wall... Hey BGE, do you make bikes?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Is there a way to just sit on your couch and drink beer while watching the class?  For good measure, I would commit to wearing some really tight bike shorts.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Is there a way to just sit on your couch and drink beer while watching the class?  For good measure, I would commit to wearing some really tight bike shorts.
    Yup, you can load the Peloton app on your iPad. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Eh, I guess you have a good point... I guess I'll just look for a quality bike and mount a TV to the wall... Hey BGE, do you make bikes?
    Haha - I don’t think they would be $400.
  • chrisc133
    Options
    I’m up visiting NYC and knocked out two in studio classes with Hannah. Pretty cool experience for sure. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    you would not want to spend the money on one of these to watch regular TV when you ride. You can get a good spin bike for 1/4 the price. The whole reason these bikes are so expensive is they have proprietary classes integrated into the bike. That's how they get dopes like me to pay $2000 for a $400 bike (true). These are all about taking a class to ride. You can't take a class and watch TV at the same time so there is no reason to overpay for one of these when you can buy the same quality bike at a fraction of the cost. If you like riding a bike while watching TV, save some money and buy a nice spin bike for $400 and a 65" 4K TV. 
    Or my approach;
    - pre-owned road bike was a gift
    - magnetic Turbo Trainer from Ebay, used once : £20
    - laptop 
    - YouTube 'CTX' for workouts
    - Amazon for cheap bike 'computer' incl heart monitor
    - your old hi-fi separate and its hello to alone time in the garage.
    I even re-purposed a desk fan as my ventilation.

Easy as you like - rain or shine.  Love it.  40 minutes this afternoon, most 600 calories and wasn't knocked of by a texting driver once!!

(p.s enjoy this thread before it sinks......)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Legume said:
    Haha - I don’t think they would be $400.
    your probably right. With that being said, anyone have a good recommendation for a quality bike? I'm a more buy quality and it will last type guy.... 
  • CTMike
    Options
    @NDG,

Did you see the PM I sent? 

Thanks. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.