Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    2nd turkey of the season, cooked on @Jeremiah ‘s pit barrel cooker that he lent me. Helping to feed the homeless tomorrow in downtown Columbia at Finlay Park.  Expecting 300 people. My small group did 3 turkeys, 4 hams and a local restaurant donated over 300 pieces of chicken.  Other small groups in the church are doing more turkeys and hams as well.  Good cause and a fun time. 

*edit*  The pit barrel cooker is super cool and I’m not gonna give it back. Cooked the turkey perfectly. 

B willl whip your arse
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fixing to put a stew in the crockpot to cook overnight. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    2nd turkey of the season, cooked on @Jeremiah ‘s pit barrel cooker that he lent me. Helping to feed the homeless tomorrow in downtown Columbia at Finlay Park.  Expecting 300 people. My small group did 3 turkeys, 4 hams and a local restaurant donated over 300 pieces of chicken.  Other small groups in the church are doing more turkeys and hams as well.  Good cause and a fun time. 

*edit*  The pit barrel cooker is super cool and I’m not gonna give it back. Cooked the turkey perfectly. 

B willl whip your arse
    I’m getting too old for an arse whoopin. I guess I’ll just hafta give it back.  ;)
  • SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I’m getting too old for an arse whoopin. I guess I’ll just hafta give it back.  ;)
    Brother Dyal, you never get to old to get a good arse whipping. You only get to old to give them. Unfortunately I have had to figure this out the hard way :s

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

Great looking bird my friend👍

Status- Standing by.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Eoin said:
    fast food in new england

Nice. Are you a Cod man or a Haddock man?

Edit: where are the mushy peas?
    this is haddock.

if its fresh, haddock, cod, even pollock
    a day old, haddock and or cod
    2 day old, haddock
    3 days old, send it inland

haddock prices are lower than cod right now

the peas are in england =)

@Eoin is just distracting you with talk of mushy peas.  We all know he is a secret gravy on his chips man,  its his 'midlands' roots.

You are missing one major ingredient though;

... a decent brew to go with it.  Absolute nectar!
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Eoin said:
    fast food in new england

this is haddock.

2 day old, haddock

Please tell me you also put Malt Vinegar on those fries!
    Noooooooooo!   Loathsome evil fluid.  Yak yak yak.

And now that you have stirred my inner angry chimp,  those are certainly fries and not chips,  as in fish'n'chips.  Too regular in shape and colour.   Just because they look nice and no doubt taste great,  that's not the point.
    Also, while I'm on a roll (and its your fault @NC_Egghead ) it should come wrapped in last week's newspaper.   

Ok, I'm off to shout at leaves falling on my lawn in what I consider the wrong order and the wind for being 3 degrees too warm for November. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    fast food in new england

this is haddock.

2 day old, haddock

Please tell me you also put Malt Vinegar on those fries!
    Noooooooooo!   Loathsome evil fluid.  Yak yak yak.

And now that you have stirred my inner angry chimp,  those are certainly fries and not chips,  as in fish'n'chips.  Too regular in shape and colour.   Just because they look nice and no doubt taste great,  that's not the point.
    Also, while I'm on a roll (and its your fault @NC_Egghead ) it should come wrapped in last week's newspaper.   

Ok, I'm off to shout at leaves falling on my lawn in what I consider the wrong order and the wind for being 3 degrees too warm for November. 
    You've got me all wrong Ed. Chips MUST have salt and vinegar and NEVER gravy. Mushy peas is the first choice, then curry sauce. That's it.

Sorted the leaves yesterday with my mulching mower - chews them up and feeds the grass. No raking. #lazyarse.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Stripped and cleaned the elecrric window switch on the kids' car. It's not very waterproof and had a lot of corrosion on the board.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Breakfast tacos and morning back scratches

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Beautiful pooch!  "GSD" is German Sheppard-???  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SGH
    Options
    Fellows it is only 70 degrees here today. What’s even more shocking is the humidity is only 37% instead of the more normal 97%. If this keeps up they will be closing roads and schools. 70 degrees in mid November, shocking. We usually don’t see these kind of extremely low temps until January. There goes y’all s theory on global warming.  

Status- Standing by.

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    He's a bit skiddish, understandably, but warning up slowly. 
    Awesome looking GSD there! He will repay your kindness 10 fold. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    I’ve got a pot of Malcom’s chili on the Egg now. Smoked the chuck roast last night, looking forward to some goodness...

Charlotte, NC

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    lkapigian said:
     did it

Hot snakes are in your future! 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What do you have to dip your nuts in for that type of challange? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Wondering how much cash we're going to drop in here. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    What do you have to dip your nuts in for that type of challange? 
    4 and 5 were tough

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Amazon lightning deal<5 hours left:
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Amazon lightning deal<5 hours left:
    Thanks Ron. Ordered 2 for Christmas gifts.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ouch @lkapigian. Hope you've invested in some sort of restraint system for your toilet. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Went to get wings, but legs were on sale.  Couldn't pass up $3 sled of legs. Continuing the bargain trend.. punch "Elite".  Keeping it Austin.. gluten free beer.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Guy guys and gals, I’m here to tell you that Malcom Reed chili is some righteous stuff. Really, really good...
    Sitting around the rest of the evening rubbing my belly. 
    Charlotte, NC

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Battleborn - great rescue and companion right there.  As you know-unconditional love. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks @YukonRon ordered 2 for presents! With 12 minutes to spare 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.