Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
     More prepared than NC ever was in a ice storm!  What I woke up to this morning would wipe power out in rdu for two days =)
    Apples to Oranges. There’s not too many trees where you’re at. 
  • Its snowing here, but 4wd so I still went to work 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited November 2018
    @alaskanassasin, Nice and a diesel too. My MDV is diesel, only way to roll.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You hustler, you.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • frazzdaddy
    You hustler, you.

always
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Just saw a pretty cool older buck walk through the backyard rubbing on some smaller trees. The cool part was that he had spikes that were a solid 18” tall and were about 2” in diameter. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's cold AF, but no snow or rain, will have to use 2 wheel drive to get to work. 

Note: That's all the wheels I have driven.

that hickory limb is a few years worth of wood chunks!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    DuckDogDr said:
    Spent today taking care of the oldies. Got a towing company to move the dodge my grandad gave me under the shed out if the rain.

Spent the remainder of the day trying to repair the old scout's wiring that was damaged courtesy of ratatouille....little basta@#$

Had to replace all the spark plug wires, so I figured I may as well give it a tune up ..new spark plugs too

RatRod. 😁
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • In Martinsburg, WV contemplating this horse sh!t

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    In Martinsburg, WV contemplating this horse sh!t

Hoping that is a hard top ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • @northGAcock, yes, it is. 
    Charlotte, NC

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @CPFC1905. Ha no rat rod here; gonna be a clean restoration.  Looking at a hemi for it now actually. 
    Debating on putting a 4x4 front end under it ...just for looks once it get that much time and money, no offroad lol.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I would rather the snow than the freezing rain ice combo we had last night/early AM.  Lost a good part of a gum tree.  Dragged enough out of the driveway to restore access.  At least we had only a minor power outage. 
    WTF- temps running around 20*F below normal. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    Getting ready to throw all this goodness on my dad's smoker cooking for the guys at the duck club. Had to miss one work day because of weather .(missed the other 2 work days due to work.( there's only 2 of us where there used to be 5, so been really hard to coordinate off time)
    To try and apologize and hopefully have no one mad at me, cooking food for everyone for the opener 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap said:
    I would rather the snow than the freezing rain ice combo we had last night/early AM.  Lost a good part of a gum tree.  Dragged enough out of the driveway to restore access.  At least we had only a minor power outage. 
    WTF- temps running around 20*F below normal. 
    Be careful what you wish for.  Snowing now...f me!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Had two 70+ foot tall pine trees in the backyard.   They are spaced about 10ft apart.  The top 15 feet came off the top of the left tree.  Came down taking most of the limbs below it with it.  And ALL the branches on the left side of the tree on the right.  Went out there today when I got off work to see it in daylight.  So many limbs on the ground and on top of each other.  Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    edited November 2018
    @pgprescott - Given I have never gone down the diet food road, if I did I would sign up for your plan salesman unseen.  =)  Great money shot right there.  Congrats.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Trying to get a sit rep on I65 from Nashville to Louisville, stuck in Fort Lauderdale, trying to get home....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Posting a cooking picture because apparently it’s been a month since my last cook post Kabobs.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Posting a cooking picture because apparently it’s been a month since my last cook post Kabobs.
    Pick up the pace will ya!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Posting a cooking picture because apparently it’s been a month since my last cook post Kabobs.
    Pick up the pace will ya!
    I mean technically i did post the turkey breast I cooked last weekend but whatevs

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• YukonRon said:
    Trying to get a sit rep on I65 from Nashville to Louisville, stuck in Fort Lauderdale, trying to get home....
    @YukonRon if you’re still stuck you can always stay at my Air B&B

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YEMTrey said:
    Had two 70+ foot tall pine trees in the backyard.   They are spaced about 10ft apart.  The top 15 feet came off the top of the left tree.  Came down taking most of the limbs below it with it.  And ALL the branches on the left side of the tree on the right.  Went out there today when I got off work to see it in daylight.  So many limbs on the ground and on top of each other.  Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
    @YEMTrey, do yourself a favor and get one of these. This one has an extra extension you won’t need if everything is on the ground. It’s a Stihl Kombi motor with the chainsaw limb cutter attachment. It is the real deal. You won’t be bending over all day with a heavy chainsaw killing your back. It has a 12” bar which is just right for limbing felled trees. 

Charlotte, NC

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    It's cold AF, but no snow or rain, will have to use 2 wheel drive to get to work. 

Note: That's all the wheels I have driven.

Thought you had an audi at one time?  I want to hunt down a rainy-day corvette per your suggestion, but no rain here the last two months...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DuckDogDr
    Loving how people come in at 3 am with a problem their pet and they tell me how to treat it  :|
  • frazzdaddy
    edited November 2018
    YEMTrey said:
    @YEMTrey, do yourself a favor and get one of these. This one has an extra extension you won’t need if everything is on the ground. It’s a Stihl Kombi motor with the chainsaw limb cutter attachment. It is the real deal. You won’t be bending over all day with a heavy chainsaw killing your back. It has a 12” bar which is just right for limbing felled trees. 

Got the same thing in Echo. Could't keep the place up w/o it. SWMBO drives the loader with me on a pallet trimming the low branches around the place once or twice a year. I also have the saw blade attachment for those pesky saplings that emerge at the edge of woods lines every year. Back saver for old guys.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.