Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Speaking of arguing with spouses. My wife is trying to convince me we need to go to the Alabama game this weekend. With our 4 year old. And they are both sick. 

This will not end well, either way. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    On a good note....would not need to stay long. Should be decided rather quickly.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    My wife is the one that’s not allowed to go to the supermarket after the incident the first year we were married. She ended up spending $250 for one weeks worth of groceries for two people buying all organic everything. 

Maybe RRP can fact check this, but I just read that prior to 1974 women wouldn't get a credit card if they didn't bring their husbands along to the bank to apply.  If organic was a thing back then, the law may have had stronger opposition.

"In 1974 the Senate passed the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, which made it  illegal to discriminate against someone based on their gender."

Phoenix 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    blasting said:
    My wife is the one that’s not allowed to go to the supermarket after the incident the first year we were married. She ended up spending $250 for one weeks worth of groceries for two people buying all organic everything. 

Maybe RRP can fact check this, but I just read that prior to 1974 women wouldn't get a credit card if they didn't bring their husbands along to the bank to apply.  If organic was a thing back then, the law may have had stronger opposition.

"In 1974 the Senate passed the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, which made it  illegal to discriminate against someone based on their gender."

Ya I didn’t think that $3 red bell pepper tasted very organic and don’t get me started on the organic gluten free soy based puff cereal that was supposed
    to taste like Cheerios but instead tasted like someone mashed cardboard up with honey.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Did @Dyal_SC ‘s calzones again tonight. These have been in the rotation since he posted a few years ago. Always...ALWAYS these are awesome. Tonight sucked a$$. Can’t figure out why. Thank God for boxed wine. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Thinking I’ll start some kind of thanksgiving thread.  Seems we’re missing that. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Speaking of arguing with spouses. My wife is trying to convince me we need to go to the Alabama game this weekend. With our 4 year old. And they are both sick. 

What are her arguments in favor of this?  I'm just curious.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Watching the Steelers score 21 points on the Panthers with 4 +mins left in the first quarter. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Dinner tonight... naan, egg, and cheese and some Frosted Flakes. It’s like I forgot how to cook when SWMBO is away. I did have red beans and rice for the past two days. Reverting back to the broke college kid life.

LBGE
    AL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Ah, that fun point a couple days after oral surgery, when the dissolvable stitches finally do, one end at a time, to scrape and dig into your tongue and cheek.  All day long.  
    Whee.   :s

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dinner tonight... naan, egg, and cheese and some Frosted Flakes. It’s like I forgot how to cook when SWMBO is away. I did have red beans and rice for the past two days. Reverting back to the broke college kid life.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Watching the Steelers score 21 points on the Panthers with 4 +mins left in the first quarter. 

And it only got uglier from there! 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sitting here with the critters trying to decide whether or not to cut the heat on
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Sitting here with the critters trying to decide whether or not to cut the heat on
    Sitting here almost butt naked with the AC on. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
     We get into it every year on when to hook heat lamps and water heaters on.  My rule is 20/20 that is 20 degrees and 20 mph winds. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I ended up harvesting 35 gallons of honey. Anyone in the area is welcome to a pint on me. PM me if your in the area
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @thetrim dropped by, we cooked up some fresh redfish and stripped sea bass....delicious
    Options
    with a miso crust and shrimp and scallops...
    Options
    Kind of late for dinner isnt it?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Never too late for dinner w friends!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Kind of late for dinner isnt it?
    It's always too late for starvation.   

-- Friedrich Nietzsche or Fred, I forgot which.
    Options
    Looks pretty tasty, and in New Orleans, a great meal can be had anytime. It is a law.
    Great cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I ended up harvesting 35 gallons of honey. Anyone in the area is welcome to a pint on me. PM me if your in the area
    Wishing I was South of Columbus.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @alaskanassasin Super cool gesture!  If you were half as close I would go on a road trip - just to hang. Honey would be just a small bonus.

35 gallons is a good haul. How many hives? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Thinking about Ruth Badger Ginsburg saying she has 5 more years of work left in her.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thinking about Ruth Badger Ginsburg saying she has 5 more years of work left in her.......

She broke a couple of ribs *six years ago* and didn't even miss a day of work.  She's a tough old lady.  I wouldn't underestimate her resilience.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    Options

She broke a couple of ribs *six years ago* and didn't even miss a day of work.  She's a tough old lady.  I wouldn't underestimate her resilience.  
    She's a tough old bird...for sure.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA