Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Dinner tonight... naan, egg, and cheese and some Frosted Flakes. It’s like I forgot how to cook when SWMBO is away. I did have red beans and rice for the past two days. Reverting back to the broke college kid life.

I hear you! I’ve never eaten this before, I thought we had some biscuits but we didn’t so this was all I had to work with haha.
    LBGE
    AL
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thinking about Ruth Badger Ginsburg saying she has 5 more years of work left in her.......

Obviously she's a cybernetic organism. No human could break 2 ribs in their early 70's, then battle and defeat cancer twice in their late 70's to early 80's, have a stent put in their right coronary artery in their early 80's and then break 3 ribs in their mid 80's and still function.

#FAKENEWS, #RBGISAT-1000....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thinking about Ruth Badger Ginsburg saying she has 5 more years of work left in her.......

That was quick, she's been released from hospital and is now working from home.
    https://apnews.com/17b579b63e734c5dbc12d916815e2de1
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    DMW said:

That was quick, she's been released from hospital and is now working from home.
    https://apnews.com/17b579b63e734c5dbc12d916815e2de1
    And joking about it......she's super-human!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    That is really cool.

There is a guy that wants to put a hive on my property. He said that since I took an apiculture class, I could also go in the hive with him or when I thought something was wrong and check it out.  I also get some free honey out of it as well. Hopefully he will bring the hive in the spring.  All the benefits without the expense or work. 

Wife is against it because she does not understand that honeybees are normally, overwhelmingly nonaggressive.
    I am going to have to educate her. 
    Yea.... educate her.

hmmmmm...

They ain’t coming, are they? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    That is really cool.

There is a guy that wants to put a hive on my property. He said that since I took an apiculture class, I could also go in the hive with him or when I thought something was wrong and check it out.  I also get some free honey out of it as well. Hopefully he will bring the hive in the spring.  All the benefits without the expense or work. 

Wife is against it because she does not understand that honeybees are normally, overwhelmingly nonaggressive.
    Yea.... educate her.

hmmmmm...

Not a chance in hell 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    That is really cool.

Yea.... educate her.

hmmmmm...

Not a chance in hell 
    ....but I am.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I found Scottie’s Mecca on Canal Street in New Orleans. @SGH

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Just finished giving this Cedar tree at the beach a hard pruning. Just getting around to it but better late than never. 

Now I need to find a trusting soul with a trailer. Anyone know someone with a landscaping trailer I can borrow in ENC?

This bad boy is a beast. Couldn’t have done without it

Beer-thirty will be early today.  =)
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Just installed new wipers on the truck and filled the washer fluid with the -20 stuff. Supposed to be below freezing tonight and the next few nights. 

Vinegar is awesome for cleaning windshields, gets the bugs and all the mineral water spots off. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Getting ready to mount my Costco purchase from yesterday...
    Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

I got that exact TV in 70" a couple weeks ago. It's my first LG and I've been really impressed. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I got that exact TV in 70" a couple weeks ago. It's my first LG and I've been really impressed. 
    LG has stepped up their game. A few years ago they sucked.  Sharp is another one that has stepped up their game. One of them, I can't remember which makes the screens for all the major manufacturers. Or at least I remember reading something about that a couple years ago. Maybe i'm wrong.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    SonVolt said:

LG has stepped up their game. A few years ago they sucked.  Sharp is another one that has stepped up their game. One of them, I can't remember which makes the screens for all the major manufacturers. Or at least I remember reading something about that a couple years ago. Maybe i'm wrong.
    Maybe?? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    Options
    I heard through the Internets that LG has the patent of OLED and makes the displays for everyone else...  no idea if this is true or not. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Mount?  Like Mini  Me and the Laser?!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I heard through the Internets that LG has the patent of OLED and makes the displays for everyone else...  no idea if this is true or not. 
    I read into it a bit more because I remember something about it a few years ago. It was Sharp. Sharp makes displays for Samsung, Sharp, and Sony. They have stopped making tv’s for America apparently. I dunno I haven’t bought a tv in 8 years or so because my Panasonic Plasma is still going strong. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    SonVolt said:

My LG is 11 years old (LCD with local dimming) and I'm still perfectly happy with it.  The newer OLEDs do have a better picture, but not enough for me to spend the money.
    Kid who sold it to me told me Toshiba built the screens for both themselves and LG, but that's a different kind of screen from over a decade ago, no idea who makes what now.  He also pointed out to me that the Toshiba (and all Samsungs that I've seen) have highly-glossy screens, which give you deeper blacks but more reflections; my room has windows on two sides and I'm glad he pointed that out to me, a glossy screen wouldn't have been pleasant here.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Just recently bought a 65" Samsung QLED.  Absolutely love it.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I'm still rocking my 55" projection 3LCD Sony WEGA.  I've been wanting a new TV but don't want to spend the money.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Ya, its a big convoluted mess. Sharp makes the screens for apparently all of them. They sell directly to Sony and Apple. Samsung buys their screens from LG but LG buys their screens from a joint venture between Foxconn and Sharp. I'm getting a headache....

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    I’m hoping I’ve got another 15+ years before I’m in the market for a TV. Buying a TV sucks 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Im not all that technical, I just look at them in the store (probably not the best way to do it) and find the best looking one for my budget. This is the first brand new TV I have bought in a really long time. The last couple have been second hand from CL. Pretty good luck so far. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Bout to throw on some baby backs turbo style 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    I’ve got a 60” LG LED in the living room, 55 Vizio LCD in the upstairs loft. But I can’t tell a huge difference between the two as far as picture goes. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Bout to throw on some baby backs turbo style 

How’s that beer?
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm waiting on 4k projection to become affordable. Those 75"-85" OLED/QLED displays are super nice, but it's hard to beat a 15' screen for half the price.