Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Blake’s Peace Out Matters

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,850
    Options
    Wooderson said:
    I roll my turds in to little balls and eat crayons 
    Heck yeah! I think you forgot to say "Roll Tide" afterwards. 
    I pegged him as a Tarheel...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Wooderson said:
    I pegged him as a Tarheel..

Well see, that doesn't make sense. He was talking about a turd so he quite possibly could have been a dookie too. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I see that we’ve now entered into the “I know you are but what am I?” round of the debate.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    I have gained valuable "Egg Knowledge " thanks to the folks on this forum and they often have me laughing my ars$ off often.
    Where else could someone advise you to buy silicone heat resistant gloves that are ribbed for your enjoyment ?
     This is where we come for advise on cooking, cars, pizza ovens, bourbon, 
    and how to reverse sear 1/2" ribeyes !

LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I see that we’ve now entered into the “I know you are but what am I?” round of the debate.

He started it!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Wooderson said:
    I pegged him as a Tarheel..

Well see, that doesn't make sense. He was talking about a turd so he quite possibly could have been a dookie too. 
    hahahaha.... I see what you did there
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Legume said:
    CtTOPGUN said:
     I am a member of a few forum groups. I prefer forums over Facebook. To me, a member for only a few years, I think this place is fairly tame compared to some I frequent. The OT banter can be intriguing at times. We are certainly more than what we cook. I like that the forum acts as a full community. If I only want to read cooking threads it is pretty easy to do so. But I think I would miss out on the unique characters that are members. Although I don't get invalved in any mud slinging online, it does not scare or offend me. Count me in and staying around.

The OT banter is not intriguing; it's a pointless, distracting pain in the ass.  Don't know Blake, don't know his reasons for bolting.  I joined because this forum was recommended, but it's an infuriating mishmash of useless OT crap on many days.  If you want OT, then go to the shaving forum or the What Are You Doing Right Now forum.  But quit cluttering this one up with irrelevant b.s.  I haven't split yet, but this forum's relevance to my green kamado smoker is far, far less than I would like.  
    Maybe you should post more cooks.  You can’t be pissed that others aren’t delivering up the free content you feel you were promised or deserve.  Create it yourself.  

I don't have much experience, and busier than hell, so can't post that much.  But I read, read, read.  I doubt seriously the Big Green mothership created this forum to discuss shaving or whatever the hell you're drinking right now, which unless it's pictured next to your last butt blast, is irrelevant.  My point: I did not envision this as a general interest forum -- mid-term elections, latest cancer mortality rates, skydiving tips, or music preferences -- but a forum for folks to discuss cooking on a Big Green Egg.  Anything else, unless cooking-related, belongs somewhere else.  That b.s. utterly devalues this forum.
    I was going to try to post a thoughtful response, pointing out where some of this knee-jerk response is totally off-base.  But, after reading the collective forum roasting he got, I’d rather just say good by and Feck-off, mr bean.  You’ll be happier elsewhere, so do yourself a favor and don’t drag it out.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    =) Legume said:
    Legume said:
    CtTOPGUN said:
     I am a member of a few forum groups. I prefer forums over Facebook. To me, a member for only a few years, I think this place is fairly tame compared to some I frequent. The OT banter can be intriguing at times. We are certainly more than what we cook. I like that the forum acts as a full community. If I only want to read cooking threads it is pretty easy to do so. But I think I would miss out on the unique characters that are members. Although I don't get invalved in any mud slinging online, it does not scare or offend me. Count me in and staying around.

The OT banter is not intriguing; it's a pointless, distracting pain in the ass.  Don't know Blake, don't know his reasons for bolting.  I joined because this forum was recommended, but it's an infuriating mishmash of useless OT crap on many days.  If you want OT, then go to the shaving forum or the What Are You Doing Right Now forum.  But quit cluttering this one up with irrelevant b.s.  I haven't split yet, but this forum's relevance to my green kamado smoker is far, far less than I would like.  
    Maybe you should post more cooks.  You can’t be pissed that others aren’t delivering up the free content you feel you were promised or deserve.  Create it yourself.  

I don't have much experience, and busier than hell, so can't post that much.  But I read, read, read.  I doubt seriously the Big Green mothership created this forum to discuss shaving or whatever the hell you're drinking right now, which unless it's pictured next to your last butt blast, is irrelevant.  My point: I did not envision this as a general interest forum -- mid-term elections, latest cancer mortality rates, skydiving tips, or music preferences -- but a forum for folks to discuss cooking on a Big Green Egg.  Anything else, unless cooking-related, belongs somewhere else.  That b.s. utterly devalues this forum.
    I was going to try to post a thoughtful response, pointing out where some of this knee-jerk response is totally off-base.  But, after reading the collective forum roasting he got, I’d rather just say good by and Feck-off, mr bean.  You’ll be happier elsewhere, so do yourself a favor and don’t drag it out.
    Is that a post out?   =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    Delicious Irony, "Legume" telling off "Mr. Bean"....  :lol:

Now I want a bean burrito.  
    Me too!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It is especially irritating that you can’t agree or like your own post.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It is especially irritating that you can’t agree or like your own post.
    Narcissist
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    You going to let that slide @DMW?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You going to let that slide @DMW?
    It's not quite narcissist, but it is narcissist adjacent.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Whoa he originally wrote narsisis!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Now your making me out to be one!!! =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Whoa he originally wrote narsisis!
    Missed that, you should have quoted. He's probably garage posting.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    #narcisist.

Any chance we let this thread die a peaceful death?  Asking for a friend..
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Own it! @theyolksonyou
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Not interested in anyone turning this into their personal forum.  It would appear, as Blake lamented, some of you have more to discuss than bbg or grilled fish.  Same rules apply. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I am confused. I feel like I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    There’s some mighty long words in there brother D. 
    Im starting to think that you are a true sesquipedalian =) 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    There’s some mighty long words in there brother D. 
    Im starting to think that you are a true sesquipedalian =) 
    Oh, that is Dwayne.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Indefatigable 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Not interested in anyone turning this into their personal forum.  It would appear, as Blake lamented, some of you have more to discuss than bbg or grilled fish.  Same rules apply. 
    Beans to that Brent.  You shouldn’t have started a non cooking thread.

Suggest you stay away from making any non food posts, walk your talk.

(how many of these   =) do I need with this post?)